Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have an update for everyone…
Talked w/my dealer tonight. My new engine is on back order, duh right? Well it is on back on from Ford Engineering because they are re-engineering the motor. So bittersweet, I will have to wait longer but it will be with a new improved motor.
So it does sound like Ford has figured things out and is working on it.
I would love for someone recently in the same situation try and find out as well on their end, it would validate.
Now, question is, how far and widespread is the issue among current Bronco’s on the road? Is Ford building a fix for current (recall)?
I am headed to the dealer tomorrow to pick up my amazing new Ford Echo Sport as a loaner for god knows how long. If anybody has specific questions you want me to ask, please shoot them to me. I plan on being there for a little. I am hoping to get the spark plug as well.
Thanks for the update! Hope they get you going soon!

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Talked w/my dealer tonight. My new engine is on back order, duh right? Well it is on back on from Ford Engineering because they are re-engineering the motor. So bittersweet, I will have to wait longer but it will be with a new improved motor.
I would love for someone recently in the same situation try and find out as well on their end, it would validate.
Now, question is, how far and widespread is the issue among current Bronco’s on the road? Is Ford building a fix for current (recall)?
I am headed to the dealer tomorrow to pick up my amazing new Ford Echo Sport as a loaner for god knows how long. If anybody has specific questions you want me to ask, please shoot them to me. I plan on being there for a little. I am hoping to get the spark plug as well.
Hmm are you sure you heard the Service guy correct? And not challenging you but my gut instinct says he is covering for the known problem. He is wording it like it’s a “re engineered“ motor but I believe it’s they are changing a suppliers issue. But as you say great news and hope I am wrong and it’s win for you.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm are you sure you heard the Service guy correct? And not challenging you but my gut instinct says he is covering for the known problem. He is wording it like it’s a “re engineered“ motor but I believe it’s they are changing a suppliers issue. But as you say great news and hope I am wrong and it’s win for you.
Good Point…I will question more in person tomorrow.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

i reached out to my salesman and shared the thread. He responded later and said people aren’t breaking them in correctly😳
That’s the stupidest thing comment yet. If it were a voodoo motor maybe.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree as well. We don’t have enough info yet to do anything. If I owned a 2.7 bronco now, I might would curtail any long trips for awhile to see what sorts out, but other than that- drive and enjoy it. It’s a narrow range on here so far so hopefully that remains.
Any engine could do this and planning around what could happen isn’t a good plan. Drive it, enjoy it. Travel in it. I would say winning the lottery, getting hit by lightning and your 2.7 blowing up are in the same category for likely hood.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s the stupidest thing comment yet. If it were a voodoo motor maybe.
Yes I agree and I understand the under lying (lying😂) message is he doesn’t want to lose the sale😳

69 Mach I

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-150, '87 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any engine could do this and planning around what could happen isn’t a good plan. Drive it, enjoy it. Travel in it. I would say winning the lottery, getting hit by lightning and your 2.7 blowing up are in the same category for likely hood.
I am 1 for 3! LOL

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I watched the Bronco Nation broadcast and when the 2.7 engine failure question came up, all Esteban had to say is that they have people monitoring the forums. Really? That's all you had to say about it?? 🤬

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, if chances of winning the lottery are more than 1%, I'm gonna start playing more often . . . ;)
Good point but no way in hell the 2.7 issue affects 1% of 2.7 built this year. I’ll bet the house on that.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They really won't enjoy the class action lawsuit.
Then again, they get paid whether they lose or not.

If Ford really is redesigning the motor, maybe it will become a more widespread problem over time.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe but this is my 3rd 2.7 nano all current generation and I have had 0 issues with the first two. So speaking from experience. My biggest gripe is transmission bugs.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let me guess. The replacement engines have longer dipsticks?

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Page 297 from user manual

BREAKING-IN Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1,000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.
Sponsored