First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I am pretty excited about getting my 2021 wild track someday. Eta was 12/9…but that’s another story. I am a ford guy and have been for 50 yrs…my 21 raptor has experienced some issues —-like 4 service trips to the dealer. Sadly, I am expecting the same with the Bronco…first year vehicles , Covid supply chain issues have led to a predictable outcome. Quality Control is an issue right now for Ford —-maybe other brands as well. I’m so hoping these issues are and can be handled better for everyone’s sanity. Cheers

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So somewhere about .1%. That is small but still concerning….

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How are the 2.3Ls in comparison? Anybody tracking issues for those? I'm hoping to go manual transmission

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How are the 2.3Ls in comparison? Anybody tracking issues for those? I'm hoping to go manual transmission
The engine itself - I've seen one failure on here, a thrust bearing I think it was?

They do seem to have a brake booster issue, but not on the scale of these 2.7 engine failures.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder what electronics package these all have?

High? Lux? Med? All across the board?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That would make it seem to be more in the electronics not a bad batch of parts.
Great point....software programs from decades ago are still revealing flawed code, so who knows. With programming not being a Ford core competency, you wonder how much of that is subbed out.

Further, if it was a bad parts batch, I'm 99% sure we would have heard of Ford reaching out to other Bronco owners PRE-failure to see their dealer for some TLC.

This makes me worried that Dearborn doesn't have a clue what the problem is.

Sponsored

Destroyer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Chevy SWB NBS, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And 18/19 blown engines only represents folks posting their issue on this forum. So, multiply that by 3x...5x...10x?
This is what I always find funny about this forum. People don't realize that only what...5-10% of the total Bronco owners are even on this forum? And even more importantly so, active enough to make a public post to go over their 2.7L issues. People are quick to say "these forums make small issues seem big". IMO, it's quite the opposite really. We have a list of 19 Broncos just on THIS forum with the same issue. As you said, multiply that now by 10x-20x and that would be an accurate number of how many Bronco's this is truly affecting.

BroncoBillyEd

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just for numbers sake. How many broncos do yall think they make in one day. Since day one. Over shoot yalls noid numbers. Its still a small ...yes significant...but small number. Remember we did buy year one broncos. I'm not worried. A case of let's all panic....in a forum

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

paging @Ford Motor Company how many times do we have to tag you before you Say and Do Something about the 2.7L
Sponsored