Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the explanation. I think if I were in that range I'd personally get a lot more aggressive with it....I'm driving around either 1) with 2 little kids or 2) in the middle of nowhere (fishing)...so while I get that everything is warrantied it's at least an enormous hassle and at worse extremely dangerous. both issues already noted by many members - not really saying anything new. If I were a single guy I probably wouldn't give it much thought and just handle it if it took a dump. Just really don't want to see someone get hurt here. And to the extent this may extend into the all the 2.7s, I'm watching closely. Have to say I don't feel "good" being outside the range, though it seems like it's isolated and the bad batch story is consistent..hard to bank on that though.
My Bronco is my wife's daily driver. I haven't told her about any of this...whats worse, her freaking about about every weird sound or acting normal when a vehicle shuts down? Struggle with that like I am...

We'll get through this. It isn't ideal and we all know the first year blues and blown engines are the worst of the worst. Does it suck, yes. Am I going to keep my custom ordered Bronco for 100 yrs, yes.

BroncoKing610

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2.7L Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Uh, by my count, up until 2021, around 1,000,000 (one meelion) regular Broncos and another half mil of Bronco II. Guaranteed not a single 2.7 engine failure among the lot.

It's 25 out of maybe 100,000
Sorry not attacking you, but you're just the 100th person that has made a similar comment.

Its enough for a message/safety bulletin from Ford,(the fact they haven't is ridiculous) and possibly a recall. via https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ion-numbers-8-287-sold-10-504-produced.29749/ We can estimate that Ford has produced ~55,000 Broncos in MY21(using November sales & adding it up to year sales), and according to https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-buyers-show-stick-is-still-popular/ ~37% were produced with the 2.3L. So we estimate that ~34,650 are 2.7L Broncos. Currently Bronco6G forum has 25 REPORTED cases of blown motors or ~.07% of all Broncos, might not seem like a lot, but considering members have already mention (in this thread ) that Facebook Bronco/Ford groups have multiple reports from people with also blown 2.7L Broncos. I'd say it's safe to add another 10 Broncos and make this an issue upon .1% of all produced.

Which is an issue, especially since we are dealing with entire engines being blown up, in a new vehicle with less than 5,000 miles. Tell me the last time you heard something like this before?

Another concerning factor is that many of these reports are coming from people travelling on highways going highway speeds.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm
NHTSA states
Examples of defects considered safety-related
  • Steering components that break suddenly causing partial or complete loss of vehicle control.
  • Problems with fuel system components, particularly in their susceptibility to crash damage, that result in leakage of fuel and possibly cause vehicle fires.
  • Accelerator controls that may break or stick.
  • Wheels that crack or break, resulting in loss of vehicle control.
  • Engine cooling fan blades that break unexpectedly causing injury to persons working on a vehicle.
  • Windshield wiper assemblies that fail to operate properly.
  • Seats and/or seat backs that fail unexpectedly during normal use.
  • Critical vehicle components that break, fall apart, or separate from the vehicle, causing potential loss of vehicle control or injury to persons inside or outside the vehicle.
  • Wiring system problems that result in a fire or loss of lighting.
  • Car ramps or jacks that may collapse and cause injury to someone working on a vehicle.
  • Air bags that deploy under conditions for which they are not intended to deploy.
  • Child safety seats that contain defective safety belts, buckles, or components that create a risk of injury, not only in a vehicle crash but also in non-operational safety of a motor vehicle
  • I'd put an engine as a critical vehicle component, and I believe it is breaking.
TBH/tl;dr: There's an issue @Ford Motor Company - Stop caring about stock price & bad PR and do something, its been 6 MONTHS & COMPLETE SILENCE (Stock Price +58%)

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry not attacking you, but you're just the 100th person that has made a similar comment.

Its enough for a message/safety bulletin from Ford,(the fact they haven't is ridiculous) and possibly a recall. via https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ion-numbers-8-287-sold-10-504-produced.29749/ We can estimate that Ford has produced ~55,000 Broncos in MY21(using November sales & adding it up to year sales), and according to https://www.musclecarsandtrucks.com/ford-bronco-buyers-show-stick-is-still-popular/ ~37% were produced with the 2.3L. So we estimate that ~34,650 are 2.7L Broncos. Currently Bronco6G forum has 25 REPORTED cases of blown motors or ~.07% of all Broncos, might not seem like a lot, but considering members have already mention (in this thread ) that Facebook Bronco/Ford groups have multiple reports from people with also blown 2.7L Broncos. I'd say it's safe to add another 10 Broncos and make this an issue upon .1% of all produced.

Which is an issue, especially since we are dealing with entire engines being blown up, in a new vehicle with less than 5,000 miles. Tell me the last time you heard something like this before?

Another concerning factor is that many of these reports are coming from people travelling on highways going highway speeds.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/recalls/recallprocess.cfm
NHTSA states

• I'd put an engine as a critical vehicle component, and I believe it is breaking.
TBH/tl;dr: There's an issue @Ford Motor Company - Stop caring about stock price & bad PR and do something, its been 6 MONTHS & COMPLETE SILENCE (Stock Price +58%)
Awesome post. Thank you.

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our 2.7 should be in transit. Not worried in the least bit. It has a warranty, right? 🤷🏻‍♂️
No doubt it has a warranty.

But does it cover you on Imogene Pass?

Carbon Bronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 U15 Bronco New Lime 302ci
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My Bronco is my wife's daily driver. I haven't told her about any of this...whats worse, her freaking about about every weird sound or acting normal when a vehicle shuts down? Struggle with that like I am...

We'll get through this. It isn't ideal and we all know the first year blues and blown engines are the worst of the worst. Does it suck, yes. Am I going to keep my custom ordered Bronco for 100 yrs, yes.
You should tell her its a remote possibility if your're in the zone of failure. Then you can talk about what to do if there's a failure and what to expect from the brakes etc when an engine stops while driving.

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should tell her its a remote possibility if your're in the zone of failure. Then you can talk about what to do if there's a failure and what to expect from the brakes etc when an engine stops while driving.
Yeah, I've done the basics.

But how do you tell the wife the $60k sucks ass and might break down...

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just dealt with a Kia motor replacement. They paid for both tows. Very rarely do I not get my way with customer service. Ask Camp Chef 😂😂😂
I guess it's not really who pays for it rather than the headaches involved...

Kudos to you making a MFG pay for a tow that took 3 days to happen because you were at 13K feet.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess it's not really who pays for it rather than the headaches involved...

Kudos to you making a MFG pay for a tow that took 3 days to happen because you were at 13K feet.
I've not been yet but I highly doubt it would be the first rig towed down from that pass. I'd imagine it was less than 3 days though too

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just dealt with a Kia motor replacement. They paid for both tows. Very rarely do I not get my way with customer service. Ask Camp Chef 😂😂😂
Good luck getting it back within 3-6 months.
Sponsored