Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so what numbers do we want to use? 50k broncos built last year, let’s be rediculous and say 20k are 2.7.
Why is this ridiculous? Do we know how many 2.7Ls were actually delivered? I'd like to see some hard data on this.

Back when we got demand vs capacity charts on here, orders were split about 70/30 in favor of 2.7L, but production capacity was split more like 60/40 in favor of 2.3L.
Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don’t understand, do you think 100% of every part on every vehicle should be perfect? What world do you live in?
Your missing the point. No vehicle is perfect and a percentage of problems is normal. But if if your one of the unluckily ones - it sucks royally.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just for reference, Out of the 553 broncos with the airbag recall only about 25 posted on here. That makes me nervous having a 2.7 and I am a Ford fanboy! They cant help if they got a bad batch of valves but they could own up to it. I really think the best fix is to isolate engines effected before they blow and change the heads like they did on the mustangs with PI heads in the late 90's.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why is this ridiculous? Do we know how many 2.7Ls were actually delivered? I'd like to see some hard data on this.

Back when we got demand vs capacity charts on here, orders were split about 70/30 in favor of 2.7L, but production capacity was split more like 60/40 in favor of 2.3L.
I only say ridiculous because I would assume there are many more 2.7's since it's the more popular motor. And the more 2.7's the are the more diluted my numbers are further proving my point.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Your missing the point. No vehicle is perfect and a percentage of problems is normal. But if if your one of the unluckily ones - it sucks royally.
I completely agree. And if you're one of the lucky few to have an anuerism and die that sucks too. Should we go around every day panicking about it?

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely agree. And if you're one of the lucky few to have an anuerism and die that sucks too. Should we go around every day panicking about it?
Of course not! But like cancer, heart disease, etc, wouldn’t you want a physician to take a family history and determine if maybe you’re more at risk than others? I sure do.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of course not! But like cancer, heart disease, etc, wouldn’t you want a physician to take a family history and determine if maybe you’re more at risk than others? I sure do.
That's a good point and I agree. I'm not at all against tracking and of course I feel someworry, but some folks are really hyping this, demanding a recall and what not. THAT'S where I disagree, at least at this point with what info we DO have.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a good point and I agree. I'm not at all against tracking and of course I feel someworry, but some folks are really hyping this, demanding a recall and what not. THAT'S where I disagree, at least at this point with what info we DO have.
I agree as well. We don’t have enough info yet to do anything. If I owned a 2.7 bronco now, I might would curtail any long trips for awhile to see what sorts out, but other than that- drive and enjoy it. It’s a narrow range on here so far so hopefully that remains.

JRS993

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Concerning to see that my engine number is within two engines of one listed failure and within four engines of another listed failure. I was a November 11th delivery.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm of the same perspective you are. We all agree there is an issue. Some are louder about the need to address it systematically (recall) than episodically (replace individual engines).

And I think you and I both agree that we're glad the louder side exists. Everyone benefits.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Our 2.7 should be in transit. Not worried in the least bit. It has a warranty, right? 🤷🏻‍♂️
There's no room for your rationality here. We need Farley to host daily, taskforce style updates on the 20 something 2.7L engine failures posted on a blog. /s

Seriously, I wish the best for everyone who's needed a replacement. I'm sure it sucks and there's no consolation to hear it's rare.

If you're yet to be built and that scared, go order yourself a 2.3.

If you own a 2.7, go live your best lives and have fun in your new Bronco.

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ok, for fun let's say 200? 200/34000? Still not worried.

How about 500? 500/34000 or 1.5%? Still not worried. If it were over 100 it would be all over the Jeep forums as they would be eating that shit up.
What % of engines manufactured during the critical timeframe is what would be telling. I suspect we are already statistically significant. I don’t think 25 engines is a big deal overall but if they only make 7-9k during the period it’s significant at least in regards to the engines with the bad parts. Beyond that I KNOW I don’t know $hit.

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Still crossing my fingers. 2.7l 1650 miles. 4door outer banks, Sasquatch, mid package. Not sure if anything else is of contributing factor.

20220111_210517.jpg