First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66,67, (3)76, (2)77 Broncos, 00 7.3 CC F350
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Brice . . Man, can you ask @Broncitis to share the last-8 of his VIN ? (Nov 5 blown engine in OP - line# 18)
- he could send it to me by DM, so I can lookup the engine build-date on his Nov 5 blown engine, all private & confidential of course -

And much thx these screenshots from Scott Yuen blown engine
- yesterday @Beach_Bum (I think) mentioned this name, but was waiting to see the actual facebook ? posts
- will now add this blown engine in OP
- much appreciated

Bronco build date 6-21-21, not sure on engine(s) since I never got pics of the build tags and the dealer said they didn't record the engine serial numbers on their paperwork.

To be clear, we've "only" had two go bad so far. The original dropped a valve on November 5th at 2199 miles. The replacement crate engine for that had a bad knock that started coming from a valve cover after 3 minutes of initial startup, according to the service manager.

Got #3 installed just after Christmas and picked the Bronco up December 31st.

VIN is MLA65451
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I asked my dealer the same thing — they said they couldn’t provide any further details at this time. But they did confirm there was no coolant in the vehicle at the time it was inspected.
Perhaps due to a cracked cylinder wall, cracked/warped head or blown head gasket.

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I asked my dealer the same thing — they said they couldn’t provide any further details at this time. But they did confirm there was no coolant in the vehicle at the time it was inspected.
Could be good news believe it or not. If your coolant hose ended up loose and rubbed against pulley that would be much better outcome than others here blowing up. Would be much later mileage wise but still plausible. Good luck sir. Keep us posted.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-contact-with-coolant-hose.26436/#post-914869

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So not only does his original motor blow, but the replacement blows. Then- the replacement’s replacement blows????? Un freaking real. That should be a news story!
Ok- he’s ONLY blown two as confirmed by the owner himself. If that makes it any better!

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bronco build date 6-21-21, not sure on engine(s) since I never got pics of the build tags and the dealer said they didn't record the engine serial numbers on their paperwork.

To be clear, we've "only" had two go bad so far. The original dropped a valve on November 5th at 2199 miles. The replacement crate engine for that had a bad knock that started coming from a valve cover after 3 minutes of initial startup, according to the service manager.

Got #3 installed just after Christmas and picked the Bronco up December 31st.

VIN is MLA65451
So to be clear...your "failed replacement" never left the shop. This is a completely different scenario from a good running engine which failed in service. Thanx for clarifying that!

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there a Low Coolant Level warning on the Bronco?

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Summary for Today - so far

New -
- today have three new blown engines to add in OP - now 31 total
1) @ScottTexas - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
- ?? same as Scott Yuen on fb ??
2) @matthiggins - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
3) Confidential - have VIN & engine ser#

Updates
of existing blown engines
- line# 18 in OP - @Broncitis - have VIN, will lookup engine ser#
- line# 27 in OP - @ChadJohnson - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN

Last edited:

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Summary for Today - so far

Four New Cases -
- today have four new blown engines to add in OP - now 32 total
1) @ScottTexas - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
2) Scott Yuen on fb - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
3) @matthiggins - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
4) confidential - have engine ser#, will add in OP

Updates of existing cases
- line# 18 in OP - @Broncitis - have VIN, will lookup engine ser#
- line# 27 in OP - @ChadJohnson - need engine ser#, or last-8 VIN
Appreciate your hard work sir. But you’ve got us all curious on that confidential case. It was mike Levine’s wasn’t it?😆

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Can anyone validate this (from another thread)?
I originally ordered a base 2 door Sasquatch package with the 2.7t. After waiting something like 5 months I decided to switch the engine to the 2.3 and manual. Since it’s starting to look like it may be a year+ before I see it, I decided to go back to the 2.7 and auto. But when I emailed my salesman today, he said “They aren’t making 2.7 right now.” But he charged it for me anyway. I guess I’m just wondering if there’s any truth to what he’s saying. Are 2.7t Broncos on the back burner?

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just saw another post in a different thread saying that the 2.7 builds have been put on hold.
My OB with 2.7L is scheduled for build 1/31 and I am actually hoping it gets pushed over this weekend . I usually get the push on Saturdays. Will advise .