Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting for one of use to haul a broke one back home and rip the plugs out and the valve cover off...pictures are worth a 1000 words.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The brake light recall and pre-announced special charges for 4Q. Good buying opportunity for bulls. I bought a shit load of call options today.
What vehicle was the brake light recall for

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm waiting for one of use to haul a broke one back home and rip the plugs out and the valve cover off...pictures are worth a 1000 words.
if mine goes down I'll seriously consider it, especially if the lead time for a new engine is long. details to work out though.

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

if mine goes down I'll seriously consider it, especially if the lead time for a new engine is long. details to work out though.
I just upgraded my AAA so I would have option of having the vehicle towed to my property instead of going through F and taking straight to a dealer.

Sponsored

DrBriGuy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is true....but ONE article in a prominent industry rag would be PRICELESS :)
one failure analysis article, detailed pictures included, would be absolutely brutal. with the power of the ol' interweb, probably wouldn't even need to be hosted by a prominent source. certified 3rd party lab and one respected independent reviewer = ouch

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Really need to see it with the heads off. That'll be the beauty shot.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] hffigcgnosk61

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are we at now, somewhere between .1 and 1 percent of 2.7s delivered?

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Really need to see it with the heads off. That'll be the beauty shot.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] hffigcgnosk61
Rofl thats a hilarious pic. Not for the owner of that though

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Throwing numbers around is futile and anecdotal at best. None of us (except @Ford Motor Company) has any way of knowing the true percentage.
Regardless of total numbers actually sold the denominator for this exercise shouldnā€™t be higher than actual B6G members since thatā€™s our universe.

Sponsored

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless of total numbers actually sold the denominator for this exercise shouldnā€™t be higher than actual B6G members since thatā€™s our universe.
I agree, but who has the time to count the 2.7 owners in this forum?

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are we at now, somewhere between .1 and 1 percent of 2.7s delivered?
We have no idea because we certainly do not have the full list. We are a small forum of enthusiasts and the majority of bronco owners probably donā€™t post here. Also, probably the majority of owners have less than 2200 miles on their engines. So, my wild ass guess is that we only have 5-10% of the total that have failed or will fail.

About 40K 2.7s weā€™re built in MY 21, so using my GUESS at our list comprising 5-10% of all failures:

5%: (31 x 20) / 40000 = 1.5% failure rate

The scariest part to me is that we donā€™t have anyone with a lot of miles on their 2.7. We donā€™t know if making it past 5k miles means your safe or not.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Correct. And either they start talking soon or some independent work needs to be done. I hang out all day with people that do failure analyses, FMECAs, root cause, etc. The mechanical and materials science part doesnā€™t sound like it will be too difficult. Itā€™s being able to do it without costing an owner the price of an engine and all the repairs and potential long term warranty. Again I may be giving too much credit, but I bet some of these failures have been seen in a controlled lab setting (engine testing) , which actually may have been alluded to by the technician at the Lima plant - see link in first post by OP. My former colleague running a failure analysis company now gave me a bit of a playbook if we want to start our own work. Iā€™m still hoping this is made right as none of us probably need or want to manage a project of that scale.
I still don't understand comments like these. What is it specifically you want Ford to say?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have no idea because we certainly do not have the full list. We are a small forum of enthusiasts and the majority of bronco owners probably donā€™t post here. Also, probably the majority of owners have less than 2200 miles on their engines. So, my wild ass guess is that we only have 5-10% of the total that have failed or will fail.

About 40K 2.7s weā€™re built in MY 21, so using my GUESS at our list comprising 5-10% of all failures:

5%: (31 x 20) / 40000 = 1.5% failure rate

The scariest part to me is that we donā€™t have anyone with a lot of miles on their 2.7. We donā€™t know if making it past 5k miles means your safe or not.
Right. My 2.7 is scheduled for 2/21 and Im certainly taking it. Dozens (or more) of blown engines on new vehicles should prompt Ford to address this.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
When I worked as a mechanic at the dealer (back in the day) even one low-mileage engine failure in our whole region was a rarity.

This is a catastrophe.
Sponsored