First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
And many insiders place trades of restricted stock weeks and months in advance. It’s not because there’s a tracking thread on B6G bud.
lol, I don't think the insiders rely on us for info. We'll be the last to know.
Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s 31 on this forum, not every bronco owner is a member of this forum
Last I checked, we are now actively grabbing people who aren’t on the forum and telling them to join. But only those that need an engine replacement. That isn’t to say that we have captured every failure, but we’ve started actively recruiting failures from non-forum members. This coercion of data certainly affects the randomness of our sample, and it prevents us from (defensibly) using back of the napkin math based on the forum population size to deduce failure rate. This is on top of the fact that people organically join this type of forum at a higher rate when something is wrong than when everything is great.

Broncoshrimp

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry I didn’t read all 86 pages of your thread. Have these pics been posted for you mechanical sleuths? There were also few videos I’ve posted in the past of Ford techs showing the 2.7 destroyed as well but looks like they have been wiped from the interwebs. 🤔

BE6E1690-A1C4-46DA-BBBC-2F1EAC292A59.jpeg
35C414E3-11C8-4453-947B-6B5E82E84C84.jpeg
29D18427-13C9-4403-8EB1-78E6EF29CFAA.jpeg
This is my Bronco, it’s included in the post.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Snowdogyyz had some T-shirts done-up -
- to be awarded selected B6g members

Okay, that was my weekend joke for a Friday evening having a beer, but this is big worry for many people - need to stay focused

Last edited:

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow concerning for sure😳. And now get this as I am purchasing my Hot Pepper Red Wildtrak yesterday I tell the GM the stories. He and I are pretty close on a relationship and he responds chit let’s take the motor replacement money and put a SC Coyote in her 🤪. I am like damn that’s a hell of an idea and yeh far fetched but hell who knows😎

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Last I checked, we are now actively grabbing people who aren’t on the forum and telling them to join. But only those that need an engine replacement. That isn’t to say that we have captured every failure, but we’ve started actively recruiting failures from non-forum members. This coercion of data certainly affects the randomness of our sample, and it prevents us from (defensibly) using back of the napkin math based on the forum population size to deduce failure rate. This is on top of the fact that people organically join this type of forum at a higher rate when something is wrong than when everything is great.
🤮🤮🤮

Cuz apparently the wimps won. No more pukes cuz of feelers.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll take one of those tee shirts…
Another point that may/may not have been pointed out is that not every forum member is an owner or even future owner. The failure percentages are definitely higher than people are calculating using production and forum member totals. I’d be happy to know that it’s just an anomaly, but the stars are pointing to a more major problem. I still don’t even have an ETA for a replacement engine after 3 weeks.. :/

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll take one of those tee shirts…
Another point that may/may not have been pointed out is that not every forum member is an owner or even future owner. The failure percentages are definitely higher than people are calculating using production and forum member totals. I’d be happy to know that it’s just an anomaly, but the stars are pointing to a more major problem. I still don’t even have an ETA for a replacement engine after 3 weeks.. :/
Good sir. Don’t bring your real world experience here. It would be better if you just keep quiet. 😉

It’s funny victim hood only works in certain situations.

TNSasquatch

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think what they are doing is trying to get a better handle on what motors are failing and in what time range. Also, this number will go up as the milage goes up with other users. And the reason for the original post about anonymous posts was from me.
Already a forum member. Just ordered my Bronco and my dealer had one blown. So I reported it with serial number and the dealer follows this forum. So I won't say where etc... but cats out of the bag on why that was originally posted.

However, if they are recruiting...... what does that hurt other than more data that literally no other forum is putting together?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think what they are doing is trying to get a better handle on what motors are failing and in what time range. Also, this number will go up as the milage goes up with other users. And the reason for the original post about anonymous posts was from me.
Already a forum member. Just ordered my Bronco and my dealer had one blown. So I reported it with serial number and the dealer follows this forum. So I won't say where etc... but cats out of the bag on why that was originally posted.

However, if they are recruiting...... what does that hurt other than more data that literally no other forum is putting together?
I’m not saying anything is wrong or being hurt. Collecting data is great. I was just calling out that anyone who wants to try to extrapolate any conclusions from these few data points and how they relate to the broader Bronco population needs to account for this factor in their reasoning, if they’re hoping to end up with anything that’s heading in the right direction.

I was not making a comment/judgement about whether or not anyone should be collecting data; have at it

TNSasquatch

Base
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Still no progress since December at Autonation

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 6ACEEBEE-AA3B-45C7-9EDF-E81A57CEEA9B
Sorry Slosh1.

Hopefully you find out something soon. Have they even looked at it or offered you a loaner etc?
Sponsored