First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I thought some one said the a and ab were the lines the engine was built on maybe not sure
I read a few pages back that Lima has 3 production lines...noted just after the Julian date. Mine is 200....but I forget what the other 2 are
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jumping the route. Nobody has said that YET.

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I sure hope they do the right thing. Seems like it would save them money in the long run. Could they just replace the valves in our existing engines?
depends what the failure rate is.

if its 1 in 100, then replacing 1 engine is cheaper than replacing 100 sets of valves.

Also depends if it rises to the level of legal action or if their liability ends after 5 years when the powertrain warranty ends.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So they gave you your avatar? šŸ˜‰
? what, the boots ? nah, had these couple decades now, same boot in photo, but these only for special occasions

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone elseā€™s 2.7 have a strange rattle sound on a cold start up?
Itā€™s not ticking yetā€¦ but the rattling is pretty loud. But goes away after it warms up.
Yes. Cold start up, during higher idle, also sounds like its spitting/sputtering misfiring and the rpms dont vary much. Once the rpms knock down it goes away.

I just figured its normal as my f150 3.5 has the cold rattle at cold start up but then again it doesnt make spit & sputter noises. Dealership has had my truck in 3-4 different times for the cold start rattle and it still does it. Think there is another TSB out on it.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
The difference-AA to -AB is just unknown.
Stay chill as we are no different but just have a new data point
Found this on older Ford engines. Maybe it the same coding. AA= 27th version and AB = 28th :

" Check the last digit, usually a letter, to determine the version of your part. If your engine is modeled after the original design, this letter will be A. If it is the third manufactured version of the engine, it will be a C, and so on. This digit can be up to three digits long. For example, AB would be the 28th version ā€” 26 for A-Z, then two for A-B.[11] "

How to Identify a Ford Motor: 11 Steps (with Pictures) - wikiHow

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a really helpful chart - thanks! But doesn't this mythical 5k miles threshold assume a lot? I'm kinda lost why mileage is used (given the fact that engine and part stress could be completely different from one person's 5k miles to another) as opposed to, say, engine hours, total revolutions, average RPM, etc.

Unless we are just picking it as a correlated point of data that we can easily measure, then that I get.
Most of the engine fails seem to be happening around half that number. So 5K is an arbitrary number that is basically double the normal failure mileage.

So yeah, no one has said it 5K you're out of the bathtub, we're just saying so far, you're looking good.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If they changed the suffix they likely changed something, and the -AB supercedes

EDIT: If anyone has taken delivery of a 22 w/2.7 could they check their tag part # and julian date? or just post a pic here?
On a different thread I was talking to someone who had gotten a 22 But I asked them to post an image of their engine. I don't remember the exact date the engine was built but it was sometime in December.

I am looking forward to when 2022 engines start coming out. At that point, I may drop my tow package :sneaky:

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a P.O.S. Jeep gladiator as a loaner. Rides like shit.. Miss my Bronco
Check the air pressure in the tires. The tires are always way over inflated and makes for a terrible ride.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check the air pressure in the tires. The tires are always way over inflated and makes for a terrible ride.
This! My Gladiator rides fine. Itā€™s never going to ride as nice as the bronco with a solid front axle (so Iā€™ve read anyway), but mine rides comfortably. When I first got my new tires I couldnā€™t believe how badly it rode. Then I checked the air pressure! Set it to 36 or so- vastly improved.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This! My Gladiator rides fine. Itā€™s never going to ride as nice as the bronco with a solid front axle (so Iā€™ve read anyway), but mine rides comfortably. When I first got my new tires I couldnā€™t believe how badly it rode. Then I checked the air pressure! Set it to 36 or so- vastly improved.
Yeah test drove a few Wranglers, including a gladiator a while back, and man it was a rough ride. But they pumped the tires up like 39 plus or something ridiculous.

I run about 34-35 And it is a pretty nice ride. (Wrangler, not gladiator)

It's actually ironic cuz that's the one thing you'll read about gladiators, is that they drive so much nicer than the Wranglers, even the four doors.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No...typically -AA would be the 1st version. The 1st suffix digit is going to determine which engine it is...2.7 or 2.3. the 2nd suffix digit will typically change as changes are made. -AA gets superseded by -AB...possibly. I just checked repairlink and I'm not showing that change yet, but the 'fiche might. @flip If you get some time could you see if MB3E-6007-AA supersedes to -AB?
Sponsored