Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is some data I ran across...I cannot confirm its' reliability or accuracy ----- 1 in 80 seems pretty bad to me.....Only Honda really impresses me----FYI----

1643068313169.png

Yes, & others mentioned, there's a huge difference between that table and these failures we're tracking here. That Top 10 table refers to engine failures over vehicle lifetime - not just the first 3k miles. Someone here said "watch-out Land Rover, we're comin' for you". But presently Bronco may need to improve to achieve Land Rover reliability.

Presently it seems Ford is changing some part #'s in the 2.7. This seems good move to me - encouraging since by most accounts the 2.7L Eco (nano gen2) has great reliability in F-150, where some of the engine parts are different than Bronco 2.7. To me, this F-150 reliability says 'Solution Exists'. For instance, why not make the Bronco 2.7 identical to the F-150 engine. Then Bronco 2.7 should have the same great reliability
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, & others mentioned, there's a huge difference between that table and these failures we're tracking here. That Top 10 table refers to engine failures over vehicle lifetime - not just the first 3k miles. Someone here said "watch-out Land Rover, we're comin' for you". But presently Bronco may need to improve to achieve Land Rover reliability.

Presently it seems Ford is changing some part #'s in the 2.7. This seems good move to me - encouraging since by most accounts the 2.7L Eco (nano gen2) has great reliability in F-150, where some of the engine parts are different than Bronco 2.7. To me, this F-150 reliability says 'Solution Exists'. For instance, why not make the Bronco 2.7 identical to the engine in F-150. Then Bronco 2.7 should have the same great reliability as F-150 2.7
Agreed. I would really love to know their reasoning for messing with the good thing they have on the F-150's

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's day 4 since another failure!
Hopefully this issue starts getting either resolved or starts to dwindle down, I really think Ford wants to get it under control for all the obvious reasons, if it gets really bad and goes viral it will not only tarnish Fords reputation but also hurt the resale value of our Bronco's and tarnish their expectation of reliability.
For a year and a half, I was glued to this Forum, watching videos, researching online, pretty much always thinking about my bronco and the anticipation of its arrival just like most of you, and now I find myself reading this thread when I wake up, during the day at work and pretty much on and off all evening and it makes me overthink and worry about something that none of us really know anything about as far as if, why, when and where a failure could possibly happen and what the outcome would be if/when it does, WOW I am out of breath proofreading all that!
I am hoping soon with some good news and/or new information this will all get better and be way behind us and we can stop worrying about the 2.7 failure rate and get back on the Happy Bronco Trail.
Amen

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Presently it seems Ford is changing some part #'s in the 2.7. This seems good move to me - encouraging since by most accounts the 2.7L Eco (nano gen2) has great reliability in F-150, where some of the engine parts are different than Bronco 2.7. To me, this F-150 reliability says 'Solution Exists'. For instance, why not make the Bronco 2.7 identical to the engine in F-150. Then Bronco 2.7 should have the same great reliability as F-150 2.7
good point on the mileage…suffering a failure during the first 3k is depressing—for the people the have been affected —ford should be going above and beyond to fix and provide like transportation during the repair…they should extend the engine warranty another 36 months beyond the existing to give owners confidence that they will enjoy their Broncos for a long time….

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed. I would really love to know their reasoning for messing with the good thing they have on the F-150's
Might have to do with some kind of manifold packaging or something. I hate bringing up my old V so much... but it has many correlations here and I have a ton of experience with it... the ls6 wasn't making the same power as in a vette, because of exhaust manifold changes to stuff it into the engine bay.

Perhaps there was some miniscule change that caused a part change which then led to the failures that are being seen? Sometimes an otherwise benign change can have a vast impact on stuff... if they changed the exhaust manifolds, maybe it's causing excessive heat, leading to a valve or head failure

Last edited:

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
More torque, 415 lb-ft vs 400 lb-ft.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m 21211 with 500+ miles on her and breaking her in easy. Wish me luck, especially as I read through 106 pages of bickering. 🤣😂🤦🏼‍♂️

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Might have to do with some kind of manifold packaging or something. I hate bringing up my old V so much... but it has many correlations here and I have a ton of experience with it... the ls6 wasn't making the same power as in a vette, because of exhaust manifold changes to stuff it into the engine bay.

Perhaps there was some miniscule change that caused a part change which then led to the failures that are being seen? Sometimes an otherwise benign change can have a vast impact on stuff... if they changed the exhaust manifolds, maybe it's causing excessive heat, leading to a valve or head failure
Bingo, thinking back, the last Ford I owned was in the 90's, it blew the engine on vacation while on the road with the family in the hot Califonia desert. It warped the head, pushed out the head gasket and the coolant went in the cylinders. Out of warranty, I had to pay for the rebuilt engine myself.

It's no wonder I have not owned a Ford since then.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m 21211 with 500+ miles on her and breaking her in easy. Wish me luck, especially as I read through 106 pages of bickering. 🤣😂🤦🏼‍♂️
I have 21211 also 2024 miles no problems, Good Luck.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't get it. Why run in Sport mode to break in?
Because, it disabled ASS, which is not the way I would want to break a motor in... Auto Stop/Start is perhaps one of the worst things that I can imagine doing over an engine break-in.

Now, if there was a GOAT mode that would be likely to run richer (not that I believe it does), it would likely be sport mode - don't you think?

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because, it disabled ASS, which is not the way I would want to break a motor in... Auto Stop/Start is perhaps one of the worst things that I can imagine doing over an engine break-in.

Now, if there was a GOAT mode that would be likely to run richer (not that I believe it does), it would likely be sport mode - don't you think?
I agree with the ASS is a terrible thing to have during break in and anytime on an engine for that matter, if I had sport mode I would use it all the time, I did install the ASS eliminator and it works perfectly and also bought the For scan to add sport mode but after all this started, I decided to wait until I get like 6000 miles to make sure (well you know what doesn't happen) before I go messing with the Modules and jeopardizing any warranty issues.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More torque, 415 lb-ft vs 400 lb-ft.
With how the aftermarket tuned the 2.7s I doubt it was just 15ft-lbs of torque that did it. I know guys that have thrown tunes on factory f-150s that go waaaaay beyond 15 lbs-ft

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

They also need to account for the cost of losing future business from customers who this affects.
I wish something like this was true, And that as a customer we are valued.

But ford pissed off almost 200,000 reservation holders and barely blinked an eye (sent us a hammock ;)

Unfortunately none of us, and our satisfaction, matter to Ford.
Sponsored