First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unfortunately none of us, and our satisfaction, matter to Ford.
Financial results used to be the North Star for all businesses....until 20-30 years ago. While you still gotta make profits to remain in business, there was an inflection point when some businesses recognized customer satisfaction as the most reliable means to an end.

As Ford seems forever ensconced near the bottom of every CSAT list I see, they seem to be clinging to early 20th century strategies.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How many reservation holders cancelled their bronco order or walked away after each slap in the face from Ford (MIC, delays, allocation change, etc)???? Not very many. So why would they care?

It goes like this-
- it’s Covid delays, not Ford.
- it’s chip shortages, not Ford.
- MIC top not an issue! Send me my bronco!
- ok they fixed it with MIC 2.0.
- MIC 2.0 not an issue!
- so Ford changed the allocation formula to screw reservation holders?????? Hmmmmm..,
- I won’t get my bronco until 2023???
- can’t change my reservation to a different dealer despite Levine promising we can????

SCREW FORD! I’m never buying another Ford!
Once I get my bronco.

I got my bronco- it’s worth the wait!!!!!

So why would ford really worry about pissing off customers? This has played out time after time on here.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With how the aftermarket tuned the 2.7s I doubt it was just 15ft-lbs of torque that did it. I know guys that have thrown tunes on factory f-150s that go waaaaay beyond 15 lbs-ft
My comment was in response to Ford messing with a good thing. The only thing that Ford has documented that has changes is their horsepower and torque ratings of tue Bronco 2.7L EcoBoost. What is possible at a tuner’s shop is not the point and pursuing that kind of thinking is circular. If you have a better explanation for the failures, I think we would all like to hear it.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
My comment was in response to Ford messing with a good thing. The only thing that Ford has documented that has changes is their horsepower and torque ratings of tue Bronco 2.7L EcoBoost. What is possible at a tuner’s shop is not the point and pursuing that kind of thinking is circular. If you have a better explanation for the failures, I think we would all like to hear it.
Oil pan design changed.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because, it disabled ASS, which is not the way I would want to break a motor in... Auto Stop/Start is perhaps one of the worst things that I can imagine doing over an engine break-in.

Now, if there was a GOAT mode that would be likely to run richer (not that I believe it does), it would likely be sport mode - don't you think?
Interesting response. I am curious why Auto Start Stop is bad for the engine. I know there are a lot of people who hate it, I actually think it is a good thing, but I am open to changing my opinion if it makes sense.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting response. I am curious why Auto Start Stop is bad for the engine. I know there are a lot of people who hate it, I actually think it is a good thing, but I am open to changing my opinion if it makes sense.
The biggest concern for me would be constant temperature variations on an engine as it constantly cycles from OFF to ON in a high traffic environment. While I'm positive engineer's take this cycling into account, I cannot see it being THE MOST beneficial to engine longevity. Maybe they've determined that the cycling will not detrimentally affect the LIFE of the engine. My question is, have they shortened their expectation of what the life expectancy of an engine is, in order to meet fuel economy demands. My thought is yes. The engine will survive the manufactures life expectancy, but probably, the life expectancy has been shortened by some measure.

Last edited:

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The biggest concern for me would be constant temperature variations on an engine as it constantly cycles from OFF to ON in a high traffic environment. While I'm positive engineer's take this cycling into account, I cannot see it being THE MOST beneficial to engine longevity. Maybe they've determined that the cycling will not detrimentally effect the LIFE of the engine. My question is, have they shortened their expectation of what the life expectancy of an engine is, in order to meet fuel economy demands. My though is yes. The engine will survive the manufactures life expectancy, but probably, the life expectancy has been shortened by some measure.
Agree. Just imagine flying down the road with the turbos singing then after a long stretch you have to stop for a traffic light. All that hot oil now can no longer circulate due to the stupid ASS. Will get cooked in the hot turbos.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The biggest concern for me would be constant temperature variations on an engine as it constantly cycles from OFF to ON in a high traffic environment. While I'm positive engineer's take this cycling into account, I cannot see it being THE MOST beneficial to engine longevity. Maybe they've determined that the cycling will not detrimentally effect the LIFE of the engine. My question is, have they shortened their expectation of what the life expectancy of an engine is, in order to meet fuel economy demands. My though is yes. The engine will survive the manufactures life expectancy, but probably, the life expectancy has been shortened by some measure.
I see your point. Turbos would be my concern. Running an engine hard, heating the turbos to cherry red, and then ceasing the cooling oil circulation around the bearings would cause coking and carbon build up and possibly bearing failure. So, if you have been runny the engine hard and come to an immediate stop, where ASS kicks in often, I most definitely agree!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. Just imagine flying down the road with the turbos singing then after a long stretch you have to stop for a traffic light. All that hot oil now can no longer circulate due to the stupid ASS. Will get cooked in the hot turbos.
We both agree on this as I just posted the same. 😀

Sponsored

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Financial results used to be the North Star for all businesses....until 20-30 years ago. While you still gotta make profits to remain in business, there was an inflection point when some businesses recognized customer satisfaction as the most reliable means to an end.

As Ford seems forever ensconced near the bottom of every CSAT list I see, they seem to be clinging to early 20th century strategies.
My experience in the corporate world has been that financial results are even more important than when I joined the workforce in 1991.

Why?

Executive (CEO) pay has exploded since then and the packages are almost exclusively based on shareholder return. Shareholders are Wall Street types who care only about profit and profit right now. CSAT is glossed over in any executive meeting.

Disclosure: I'm long Ford.

Yodi

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How many reservation holders cancelled their bronco order or walked away after each slap in the face from Ford (MIC, delays, allocation change, etc)???? Not very many. So why would they care?

It goes like this-
- it’s Covid delays, not Ford.
- it’s chip shortages, not Ford.
- MIC top not an issue! Send me my bronco!
- ok they fixed it with MIC 2.0.
- MIC 2.0 not an issue!
- so Ford changed the allocation formula to screw reservation holders?????? Hmmmmm..,
- I won’t get my bronco until 2023???
- can’t change my reservation to a different dealer despite Levine promising we can????

SCREW FORD! I’m never buying another Ford!
Once I get my bronco.

I got my bronco- it’s worth the wait!!!!!

So why would ford really worry about pissing off customers? This has played out time after time on here.
You forgot "your bronco is here but it has an airbag recall"