Sponsored

evomind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All sorts of things
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I have not read this entire thread, so this may have been suggested already. I had a thought. If my new Bronco had a blown engine, I would give Hennessy or Roush a call and ask if they want to participate in a project. I don't know what it would cost to have them put in a new engine and play with some other mods. Maybe $5,000? If that's too steep for your budget, you could probably get well over what you have into it in a resale once they are done with it. Get them to video the engine removal and detail what went wrong. That might be useful to the other owners.
5k? Really?
They wont wash your windshield for that
Sponsored

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not read this entire thread, so this may have been suggested already. I had a thought. If my new Bronco had a blown engine, I would give Hennessy or Roush a call and ask if they want to participate in a project. I don't know what it would cost to have them put in a new engine and play with some other mods. Maybe $5,000? If that's too steep for your budget, you could probably get well over what you have into it in a resale once they are done with it. Get them to video the engine removal and detail what went wrong. That might be useful to the other owners.
I think you vastly underestimate the hourly labor cost for mechanics, let alone what Hennessy or Roush would charge for a one off. It’s not as easy as dropping a new big block in there and plugging it in. There’s custom fabrication required, custom hoses and manifolds and exhaust work, let alone what transmission you’d be able to fit anything up to. Even a stock 2.7L long block is probably in the range of $10,000 or more for parts alone. Hennessy and Roush will have their own Broncos to work on in their own time. There’s not much upside for a performance tuner to take in a project car unless they’re buying it from you with that blown motor for pennies on the dollar.

ryridesmotox

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First Hennessy has an absolutely trash reputation with people. Roush, Shelby, or Saleen would be cool, but I bet you'd be looking at a $20k bill after it's all said an done. People vastly underestimate hourly shop rates.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is a bit said that Jeep customer care seems so much better than Fords.
Ford can rotate CEOs all they want; their smugness is in the corporate DNA & isn't going anywhere.

Sponsored

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it interesting that of all of us that have had new motors installed only one had a second fault and I think I read that even that one was a different issue. My new one was produced first part of Oct. and thus far no issues. Makes you think that those engines were corrected before sending as they were produced outside of the mass time frame of failures. Just a thought I am sure Ford would not want any to start showing up reporting second failures. This might say that from about Sept on they knew how to correct the issue and could have done so on the second installs.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why would anyone buy one and not drive it? Unlike wine they don't get better with age.
3rd car, work from home...just to name a few.
Only reason we put miles on mine was to give the 4runner a break. I sold my jeep early on in the waiting game before the delays and we only had one car, so when my Bronco came in, we gave the 4runner a little bit of a breather...
I drive ~5k miles per year per vehicle...

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you get the bronco to stay in sport mode
mine keeps switching back to normal?
When I start mine, it asks do you want to continue with sport mode, and I press the ok button on the steering wheel. I would prefer that sport mode was the default, but pressing ok on startup is minimal work since it reminds me to press it.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't decide if this is good news, or bad news. Glad neither mine nor yours is on a tow truck - but if the 2.7 AA problem remains contained, there's certainly less likelyhood Ford will be proactive about it.

I haven't kept up with production/delivery stats, but I'd imagine "total Bronco miles driven" is increasing daily at a rather steep curve.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update on my situation:

Ford rep called and said the engine is at the dealer. Not sure how long the swap will take, but at least we have the parts!