First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 1967 Bronco U-14, 1993 Mustang Cobra
Bronco
Badlands
I keep reading through all the comments and just cringe..... I have a 2.7 2 door badlands with a build date of 8/12 but then it sat at Dirt Mountain till the end of November for a new hard top. My Bronco was delivered on 12/22 but I was immediately told they couldn't sell it to me because it is one of the Bronco's that has a defective passenger side airbag. Which they still have not been able to get a replacement for. So there it sits in the dealer showroom, waiting for me to find out if I have a bad engine or not. Sigh............... Maybe that will be a good thing, might know more about the issue and possible future updates from Ford. Knowing how Ford communicates.....probably not. LOL
You should go pay it a visit in the showroom and get a pic of the build number/assembly date sticker on the engine.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Bronco
Badlands
wow. bronco nation? more like big brother nation 🙄
Unicorns and rainbows only allowed over there. They’re definitely not interested in ANY issues or potential problems with the bronco. I just quit reading over there. I want ALL info, warts and all. The good and the bad. I’m looking forward to my eventual bronco and I want to know as much as possible about it. Why some want to pretend MIC 1.0 didn’t happen (remember all the “nothing to see hear” folks?) or that there’s a potential 2.7 issue just amuses me.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Bronco
Badlands

Swampy

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F350 XLT Crewcab 4x4
Bronco
Badlands
If this happens to us, should we be concerned about having them replace more than just the engine? How can we rest easy knowing that metal pieces didn’t make their way into other parts of the vehicle that will cause damage later?
😳🤪

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
I still don't believe this is a 'significant' problem that everyone needs to be freaking out about. The numbers aren't there, yet, and hopefully won't be. It's been narrowed down to 2 specific time frames, and Ford is actively addressing the issues when they occur. They're just not coming out and telling everyone the sky is falling, or it would kill their sales. From the samples shown, they don't need to. If this were like the issues that GM has been having for the last 3+ years with their Dynamic Fuel Management system bending pushrods and collapsing lifters at an alarming rate, than yes we should be worried. I've seen DOZENS and DOZENS of videos of GM shops with 5-10 newer SUV's with less than 5k miles sitting on their lots waiting to be fitted with new parts, and the forums are full of them. This Tahoe forum alone has 4 pages of threads that come up when you search 'lifter issue'. Not to mention the fact GMs fix isn't even guaranteed to fix the issue long term.

gm response.png

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/08/how-gm-dealers-handle-engine-valve-lifter-issues/

6.2 lifter.png
6.2 lifter 2.png

Just by seeing the part number change on the heads shows that Ford is already on top of the issue. I'd watch closely, but unless you're near the aforementioned time frames for the bad valves, just send it.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

I still don't believe this is a 'significant' problem that everyone needs to be freaking out about. The numbers aren't there, yet, and hopefully won't be. It's been narrowed down to 2 specific time frames, and Ford is actively addressing the issues when they occur. They're just not coming out and telling everyone the sky is falling, or it would kill their sales. From the samples shown, they don't need to. If this were like the issues that GM has been having for the last 3+ years with their Dynamic Fuel Management system bending pushrods and collapsing lifters at an alarming rate, than yes we should be worried. I've seen DOZENS and DOZENS of videos of GM shops with 5-10 newer SUV's with less than 5k miles sitting on their lots waiting to be fitted with new parts, and the forums are full of them. This Tahoe forum alone has 4 pages of threads that come up when you search 'lifter issue'. Not to mention the fact GMs fix isn't even guaranteed to fix the issue long term.

gm response.png

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2021/08/how-gm-dealers-handle-engine-valve-lifter-issues/

6.2 lifter.png
6.2 lifter 2.png

Just by seeing the part number change on the heads shows that Ford is already on top of the issue. I'd watch closely, but unless you're near the aforementioned time frames for the bad valves, just send it.
So basically Toyota needs to release a convertible FJ. Gotcha.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

You've got some great points, but we all waited SO long for our rigs, many of us use them as daily drivers. It does not sound like resolutions are coming in very timely, nor does having someone take almost your entire car apart instill much confidence. We're allowed to be worried. I called my buddy in Houston this weekend who worked in service at a Ford dealer and he claimed at least that seven Broncos came in with blown engines within a couple days. The issue is likely a little bigger than we have the visibility to see, but certainly not sky is falling.

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Black Diamond

gm response.png

6.2 lifter.png
6.2 lifter 2.png

And how do YOU know Ford is actively addressing it, unless you work for them. Dont belittle this issue or our concerns. It has been pure cooincidence that one of these 2.7s has not failed while passing a semi tractor trailer! Does someone have to pass before we get real info from Ford, which really is the core issue. Why cant Ford send a message to those 2.7 owners in the window, telling them what is being done and how they will address it? Ford communications SUCK!

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Bronco
Black Diamond

gm response.png

6.2 lifter.png
6.2 lifter 2.png

How in the world does Ford still have so much good will with you?

93_SVT_3503

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Badlands
You've got some great points, but we all waited SO long for our rigs, many of us use them as daily drivers. It does not sound like resolutions are coming in very timely, nor does having someone take almost your entire car apart instill much confidence. We're allowed to be worried. I called my buddy in Houston this weekend who worked in service at a Ford dealer and he claimed at least that seven Broncos came in with blown engines within a couple days. The issue is likely a little bigger than we have the visibility to see, but certainly not sky is falling.
If he's claiming that, have him get some snapshots of the engine dates. Lets help prove or disprove the situation.