Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And whether or not people choose to admit it, that’s exactly how it works.
Anyone looked at the rest of the market this week…lol

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone looked at the rest of the market this week…lol
The information looks publicly available to me anyway, right here on this thread. No insider status needed…

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just was digging wondering if this was a major issue. 39,600 engines based on 72% of broncos being built with 2.7 . 31 known Issues equals 0.00078. Interestingly I came across this article, even though it’s old it can still be a guide.

According to a recent study in the UK, Audi and MINI are among the automakers with the most engine failures.

In a poll conducted by Warranty Direct , the company studied its claims data to compile the study, with Honda, Toyota, and Mercedes-Benz topping the lists of automakers with the most reliable engines. Honda had an engine failure of 0.29 percent, while Toyota came in second with 0.58 percent. Mercedes had one engine failure for every 119 engines, a failure rate of 0.84 percent.

For now rest easy. Ford .00078 failure is 1 every 1,277 engines.
That’s good math…on the #’s you have. I think you are missing the point of this thread, and honestly a lot of other people before you have as well. No one on this thread is counting every Bronco, because every bronco owner does not come on to this site. So all anyone is doing here is just logging what this tiny site is posting. And that’s 31 Bronco’s. That’s it.
I don’t know how many members are here, I don’t know how many are active. I do know my engine blew 2 weeks ago, and 9 more have been reported and it’s up to 31 total now.
I will throw out there, why in the hell is Ford’s engineering team stepping in and now putting a halt on 2.7L replacements? Because .00078 fail? I don’t think so…

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just was digging wondering if this was a major issue. 39,600 engines based on 72% of broncos being built with 2.7 . 31 known Issues equals 0.00078. Interestingly I came across this article, even though it’s old it can still be a guide.

According to a recent study in the UK, Audi and MINI are among the automakers with the most engine failures.

In a poll conducted by Warranty Direct , the company studied its claims data to compile the study, with Honda, Toyota, and Mercedes-Benz topping the lists of automakers with the most reliable engines. Honda had an engine failure of 0.29 percent, while Toyota came in second with 0.58 percent. Mercedes had one engine failure for every 119 engines, a failure rate of 0.84 percent.

For now rest easy. Ford .00078 failure is 1 every 1,277 engines.
It’s not 31 out of total 2.7’s made! It’s 31 out of 2.7’s of current members. We have no earthly idea what’s going on in the public. Your numbers are way off.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s not 31 out if total 2.7’s made! It’s 31 out of 2.7’s if current members. We have no earthly idea what’s going on in the public. Your numbers are way off.
And sorry for every single loss, but have we narrowed it down that all 31 so far catastrophic failures have all been caused by the same $.99 valve keeper on the same valve in the same cylinder (thus pinpointing a sole assembly worker)

Or did we determine halfway through this thread ( I did not read it all) that all failures had loose turbo pipe connections?

Or fo we have 31 different causes of death? The more causal factors the less each failure is related to the others

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

why in the hell is Ford’s engineering team stepping in and now putting a halt on 2.7L replacements?
Also suspicious is the 2.7 constraint. Avis supposedly had 21 scheduled this week, only 2 of which are 2.7 🤔

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Jesus people...It’s 31 on this forum, not every bronco owner is a member of this forum. So you can’t compute the number here to the total number of 2.7 Broncos built. Most vehicle forums are just a fraction of the total number out there.

As a member of super duty and F150 forums I can say that 31 engine failures on one vehicle specific forum after a couple months is a sh!+ ton of failures.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s good math…on the #’s you have. I think you are missing the point of this thread, and honestly a lot of other people before you have as well. No one on this thread is counting every Bronco, because every bronco owner does not come on to this site. So all anyone is doing here is just logging what this tiny site is posting. And that’s 31 Bronco’s. That’s it.
I don’t know how many members are here, I don’t know how many are active. I do know my engine blew 2 weeks ago, and 9 more have been reported and it’s up to 31 total now.
I will throw out there, why in the hell is Ford’s engineering team stepping in and now putting a halt on 2.7L replacements? Because .00078 fail? I don’t think so…
Well within best failure rates. Just posting what I read and calculated and seems well below what is considered to be the best. Personally I chose the 2.3. Either way I’m sure they have taken notice because warranty is $ out of their pocket. Best of luck…anything and everything as it relates to the Bronco is in the fish tank.

E2741E75-A6BD-4785-815D-B64373EFF9E5.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also suspicious is the 2.7 constraint. Avis supposedly had 21 scheduled this week, only 2 of which are 2.7 🤔
I noticed that as well

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It’s 31 out of 2.7’s of current members. We have no earthly idea what’s going on in the public.
As we peer into the fog trying to discern reality, I think its worth remembering that Broncos began hitting driveways at winter's onset - so many have very limited recreational usage to date. Not everyone bought Bronco as a daily driver.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think many late comers don’t understand the the purpose of the thread. It’s a crowdsource effort. Collecting data. @Lucchese has done a great job doing that. What’s wrong with collecting data on the failed 2.7’s that pisses people off so much? Too much stock? Fanboys? Or just like to argue as life long contrarians? Let me help you out. Just hit Ignore.

Will people speculate? Yup. Doesn’t mean the tracking and collection of data may not result in something meaningful.

Edit: It occurred to me that the most important benefit of this thread is for the non member. Someone stranded on road and googles my Bronco won’t start. The OP has helpful information for folks that may have no idea what to expect and how to best manage. For example, others experience with Ford and time tables.

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And sorry for every single loss, but have we narrowed it down that all 31 so far catastrophic failures have all been caused by the same $.99 valve keeper on the same valve in the same cylinder (thus pinpointing a sole assembly worker)

Or did we determine halfway through this thread ( I did not read it all) that all failures had loose turbo pipe connections?

Or fo we have 31 different causes of death? The more causal factors the less each failure is related to the others
[l

we don’t know for sure as the techs only determine if the motor needs replacing. They normally don’t tear them all the way down.
Sponsored