First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GLS 63 AMG
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The owners manual is readily available online with all this info.
Nice guy

Your vehicle requires a break-in period. For the first 1000 mi (1,600 km), avoid driving at high speeds, heavy braking, aggressive shifting or using your vehicle to tow. During this time, your vehicle may exhibit some unusual driving characteristics.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, for those who are opting to leave Broncos in the suspect window parked, don't do that unless you have to, it's far more fun to enjoy it.

I have a Bronco right smack dab in the middle of the Window (21180) and I am just shy of 12k miles. I may not trust it, but I am still going to drive it.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
BTW, for those who are opting to leave Broncos in the suspect window parked, don't do that unless you have to, it's far more fun to enjoy it.

I have a Bronco right smack dab in the middle of the Window (21180) and I am just shy of 12k miles. I may not trust it, but I am still going to drive it.
I almost sold my Bronco back to my dealership today. They would pay exactly what I paid, so there is definitely a demand for 2021 MY Broncos. Since my Bronco is finally past the break in period, I decided to drive it more aggressively yesterday. It is a beast. I will not sell it as planned. My wife and I will change cars for a month. We will decide then if we want to keep it. I am hoping my 21319 JD is outside of the failure window. Any interest in starting a thread with what we appreciate about our 2021 Bronco, and what irritates us?

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST, 2021 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got Rufus back yesterday. Detailed and freshened up, it feels new all over again. Still not happy with @Ford Motor Company though. All they've offered is some free oil changes. I had to file a protest.

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got Rufus back yesterday. Detailed and freshened up, it feels new all over again. Still not happy with @Ford Motor Company though. All they've offered is some free oil changes. I had to file a protest.
What are you asking for from Ford? I didn't get an oil change offer, but they did offer to cover the car payment I made while my Bronco was getting the engine replaced. I just got mine back a week ago now. Anyone else in this thread looking to combine our collective discontent?

Sponsored

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are you asking for from Ford? I didn't get an oil change offer, but they did offer to cover the car payment I made while my Bronco was getting the engine replaced. I just got mine back a week ago now. Anyone else in this thread looking to combine our collective discontent?
I specifically asked for them to make a payment and that was a flat out no since I didn't finance with Ford.
I'm fighting to get the warranty extended to 100k miles and I want compensation for the diminished value.
And, yes, we should combine our collective discontent.

Kess

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco was returned to me on Friday. My local Audi dealer really wanted the Bronco and offered my well above what I paid to trade across to a new SQ5. I had the Bronco back less than 24 hours before I turned it over to Audi and drove off in my new vehicle. I'll never buy a Ford vehicle again.

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I specifically asked for them to make a payment and that was a flat out no since I didn't finance with Ford.
I'm fighting to get the warranty extended to 100k miles and I want compensation for the diminished value.
I didn't finance with Ford and they made me that payment offer so keep pushing and they should cave. The Ford customer care agent is asking me for the backup to show the value of my monthly payment so they can cut me a check, but I want to see what paperwork they're going to want to sign first. I agree about the extended warranty and will make the same request. I asked they refund my extended warranty purchase and still honor the added length of coverage, but they rejected that request.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I didn't finance with Ford and they covered a payment for me. I recall the rep stating that they could do this because my car was at the dealer for 31+ days. How long was yours in the shop?

I had to submit proof of the car payment I made and there are supposed to mail me a Visa card for the amount.

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't finance with Ford and they covered a payment for me. I recall the rep stating that they could do this because my car was at the dealer for 31+ days. How long was yours in the shop?

I had to submit proof of the car payment I made and there are supposed to mail me a Visa card for the amount.
32 Days. I was told they couldn't do that because the dealership covered the rental. Sounds like BS to me.

Sponsored

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
32 Days. I was told they couldn't do that because the dealership covered the rental. Sounds like BS to me.
Mine was in 27 days and they let me drive the demo bronco they had on their lot while mine was getting the new engine. The demo is one of the ones they got to display but aren't allowed to sell for 6 months. So I received rental car coverage and they offered to make my payment for the 27 day period. Keep fighting their attempt to close the file.

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That all really sux. i am having to show proof of my payment. Then they stated oh they can't do that because i used the rental car........ no ... I didn't. Make em give you a better warranty!!!!!!

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They seem to have different rules by the day.
When mine went in the shop, dealer did not have any loaners available. I opened a case with Ford that day and they said they would cover a rental for me. Picked it up a couple days later and had it a little over 3 weeks. I was then told I had to turn it in because of something about warranty coverage limit. Dealer then had a loaner available for me for the remaining days.
So yeah, sounds like BS.

Last edited:

Jon_MothaFkn_Adams

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They are now offering the 100k mile warranty. I think I'm just going to take it and move on. Also, if you want to discuss the diminished value with Ford you have to do it via snail mail. I'll be sending them a letter today if I can remember how to send one. ;)
Here's the address:

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are now offering the 100k mile warranty. I think I'm just going to take it and move on. Also, if you want to discuss the diminished value with Ford you have to do it via snail mail. I'll be sending them a letter today if I can remember how to send one. ;)
Here's the address:

Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
I think a thread created for and by blown 2.7 owner experiences would have great value. Please consider starting one with a link here Jon from Tulsa.
Sponsored