First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been numerous explanations here about how the F150 2.7 is slightly different than the Bronco's. It would be odd to pretend they are the same now just to add a few more failures to the list.
Ford won't do anything about it either way. ;)
I doubt very much the valves in the F150 2.7 are from a different supplier than those in the Bronco. The purpose is not to cynically add more failures to the list, but an effort to understand the depth of failures caused by bad valves or some other valve train issue. The Julian date of F-150 failures may correlate to the Bronco Julian dates. I am not sure why anyone would be so cynical as to suggest this thread is simply about adding failures to a list and not about figuring out why they failed, and predicting which engines are at risk.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree....especially wih absolutely no info...no mileage...no jd...add it to f150 forum
@Lucchese has been in touch with the F-150 owner and is working on the Julian date from VIN. At least that is what I understand from his post.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, sorry to hear about the engine - hope no accident
- was it dropped valve ?
- do you have engine ser#, or photo of engine label ? - if not we could lookup using last-8 digits of VIN
- right, both use 2.7L Eco V6 (Nano 2nd gen) - we believe there are some differences w the heads, valves, tuning, and so forth - but almost same engine

so far here we've only been tracking Bronco engines - since most members are here for Bronco, but lots of F-150 people here also - maybe we should start tracking F-150 engines also ? - a few have come up here and there w dropped valves - would be interesting to see if they have similar engine build-date ranges to the Bronco failures

there could be a similar blown engine list in F-150 forum - would be interesting to compare
@Calm horse , you may want to read the OP’s comments on the F-150 failure quoted here.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm all for adding if it is the same motor with the same problem of a dropped valve but when somebody out of the blue sends a post "my engine in a different vehicle blew today..add it to the list" I'd say it's a little early without knowing ....not reying to be negative...I own both an f150 and bronco....and I would bot wish this upon anyone...just think it should be in separate category

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am not sure why anyone would be so cynical as to suggest this thread is simply about adding failures to a list and not about figuring out why they failed, and predicting which engines are at risk.
I guess you misread my comment.
I am not at all suggesting "this thread is simply about adding failures to a list and not about figuring out why they failed, and predicting which engines are at risk."
But I do think that adding F150 failures to the list, which you want to do, would be a departure from what this thread has been about.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Now back to the list....I'm curious about number 44 (mataxis) was that an "AB" engine that failed...

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Snowdogyyz are we allowing F150 2.7s here?! Don’t want to screw up the numbers ya know.
Please work this out with @JPye.
That would be up to Lucchese. He’s the one who brought this thread to fruition and works so hard on it.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

IF F-150s with the same failure are added it is unlikely we will get any well rounded picture of F-150 failures given this is a Bronco forum... so at a most I would say that should be notated differently (different color?) in the event it turns out they are not related or to at least be able to visually separate it or combine it depending on how you want to look at it.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IF F-150s with the same failure are added it is unlikely we will get any well rounded picture of F-150 failures given this is a Bronco forum... so at a most I would say that should be notated differently (different color?) in the event it turns out they are not related or to at least be able to visually separate it or combine it depending on how you want to look at it.
NB: While this is a Bronco group, this thread is titled:
2.7L blown engine fail list.

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

5,600 miles now. I guess I'm good to void the warranty now???

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow! A Ford rep finally chimes in on page 241. This must be a disaster of biblical proportions….
which is more appropriate you think? . .
? Hey, is that any way to treat a new visiting guest ?
. . I go out for awhile, and look what happens . .

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 328644

Distorting the numbers would not be a problem . .
Right, F-150's would be a separate list - they wouldn't be mixed w Bronco list

the trouble is we don't see that many F-150 events here in B6g - and the few we see don't give much info, like the one here Wednesday, no follow-up w info

in all the posts which mentioned F-150 blown engines, I can only remember one w engine ser#, and that was 21219 120548 - Julian 219 which falls in Bronco ' Hot Zone ' 159 - 224
Sponsored

Last edited: