Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As part of the replacement, I would ask them to inspect the oxygen sensors and the face of the catalytic converter. It there is damage to either this will cause more problems down the road. We should put together a list of things that shall be replaced and things that should be looked at. Imagine a chunk of valve or massive oil deposits on your converter.🤮
there’s really no way to make the service department replace anything Ford’s warranty folks don’t approve. If they prescribe a new engine, that’s all you’ll get. Ford won’t give service departments a blank check to go inspect other components.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . keeping this thread up to date . .
Dec 28 here in B6g, I wrote a short letter to @Ford Motor Company asking them to share some info about these Bronco 2.7L failures. B6g members have been asking them for months. There has been no response here. And none anywhere far as I've seen. Ford continues stone-walling . . .

If Ford intends to 'sweep all these failures under the rug', then I intend to make sure that they fail in doing so.

Also the opening post provides a centralised repair reference for people with engine failures. And raises the engine build-date awareness for 2.7L Bronco owners.

Last edited:

Fordmanbob

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 4x4 supercrew, 2006 F350 4x4 superc.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Everyone with a 2.7L on order that thinks it will fail, please change to the L4, it will be for the best.
Yes yes change to the 2.3

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I changed the wife’s to a 2.3, just worried the 2.7 failures will end up causing even more delay...didn’t think that more delay could be possible but if this keeps happening it may.

Sponsored

ffdemoss

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just want to know if the valve failure is occurring on the same cylinder every time.
I've seen references to bank 2 and cylinder 5 a few times...might just be coincidence though and no real world info logged.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford continues stone-walling . . .
This is all attitude. Ford thinks all the toilets in the world are pay-toilets...and they have the only dimes.

I'm hoping the industry reshuffling during the EV revolution lands Ford on its ass.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Please look at the pic of the invoice I received from the dealership when I picked up my Bronco after engine was replaced. Mechanic stated pieces of the valve were in the intake manifold!
Once a valve drops in the cylinder anything can happen. I'm talking about what is causing the valve to drop. Is it the valve itself or the retaining of the valve... If it is the retaining, it can be fixed fairly straightforward.

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At first they offered free extended warranty....I purchased that when I bought the Bronco. They then offered to make a month or two of payments, which is great.....but fortunately it's paid off. Three or four oil changes/tire rotations don't really equate to an extended warranty or couple months of payments. It's not really even the monetary value/comp that bothers me as much the lack of communications after I got the Bronco back. Over a week had went by when I emailed them the rental car receipts without any response. I had to initiate the phone call to make sure they got the receipts and confirm they were going to reimburse me.
I totally understand. Feeling like they give a damn would have been a good start regardless of the offered comp. Each bad customer service story gets told to about a dozen people (or hundreds on this forum). Best of luck with your new, and hopefully last, engine!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once a valve drops in the cylinder anything can happen. I'm talking about what is causing the valve to drop. Is it the valve itself or the retaining of the valve... If it is the retaining, it can be fixed fairly straightforward.
@da_jokker -What's your take on the broken timing chain and the cam phaser issue on two different Broncos ? Could a cam phaser failure at this low mileage be caused by lack of oil to the it ? Under extreme conditions can a failed cam phaser cause a timing chain failure ? Thanks

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When the inevitably make the PHEV Bronco to match the 4xe you'll see the 2.3L paired with a small electric drivetrain. They could make the jump to fully dedicated EV but that would take a few years of design vs. shoving some batteries under the rear seats for the PHEV. The 4xe is the best selling plug-in hybrid in America, this has to have attention at Ford.
Sponsored