First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Better chance hitting the lottery then having one of these engines right now but I understand the anxiety. In the end,its mechanical and can /will break. No sense worrying about what hasnt happened. Life is too short.
Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better chance hitting the lottery then having one of these engines right now but I understand the anxiety. In the end,its mechanical and can /will break. No sense worrying about what hasnt happened. Life is too short.
Are you still waiting for yours?

Leifvan

First Edition
First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My engine was built the same day as yours ...still running but it makes me nervous whenever I am in a place that I won't be able to easily get it safely in the side of the road. How long is it taken them to replace yours, and has the replacement been better?
I know we have the same engine build date, I followed you post on the 2 door rear seat delete, thanks for all work on that post BTW, and saw you early post on this blog. Mines been at the dealer for 5 weeks plus now, motor on backorder for at least another week so they say, dealer won't say shit about the cause of the blown engine, I don't feel they are being truthful at all or helpful, pretty frusterated. I'm in your area, it's at DCH Ford, not too happy with them. I feel I'd be lucky to get it back by the end of July.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally it is my turn. Engine let got this morning on way to work, no warning noises. Kid I work with was behind me. He said he saw a couple of puffs of smoke from underneath and when she let go white smoke boiled out from underneath and the tailpipe. Said he could smell antifreeze and oil. Engine is locked up and will not turn over. He was afraid he was going to rear end me because I disappeared in the smoke cloud. Dealer says this is the first bronco engine failure that they have seen here. 3900 miles 21169 engine date. At least I won't have to do first oil change.
Sorry to hear. Thanks for reporting. Best of luck with speedy return and glad to hear everyone safe.

@Ford Motor Company we get it’s not the precious EV Lightening but cmon already. Would things be different if the Bronco was electric??

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, I am willing to take that bet, I am currently at 26k. Got some money you want to lose?
I hope you are well MP
I celebrated 10,000 miles somewhere between Moab and Factory Butte, Utah…celebrating 15,000 miles somewhere between Churn Creek and Farwell Sand Dunes in BC’s Fraser Canyon…The Gold Rush Trail! 🐴🐴🥌🌋🎉🍍🥓🇨🇦🤟
NO FEAR 😂🤣😂

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know we have the same engine build date, I followed you post on the 2 door rear seat delete, thanks for all work on that post BTW, and saw you early post on this blog. Mines been at the dealer for 5 weeks plus now, motor on backorder for at least another week so they say, dealer won't say shit about the cause of the blown engine, I don't feel they are being truthful at all or helpful, pretty frusterated. I'm in your area, it's at DCH Ford, not too happy with them. I feel I'd be lucky to get it back by the end of July.
Here is hoping that they get you up and running ASAP...it sucks waiting for such a long time to get a vehicle and then to have to have it laid up for who knows how long (or to worry about it stranding you). I like my Bronco but I also liked having a much simpler rig (like my old CJs or LJ or FJ40) that I felt comfortable driving way off the grid (or even on a crowded freeway without having to constantly scan for my escape route in case of a catastrophic mechanical failure). I had a scare while wheeling on the Rubicon system when my ABS/parking assist/sway bar disconnect/traction control all went out in domino fashion (no one should have to spend a crap ton of money on a rig only to feel relieved that the host of electrical systems failing on a technical trail is a "relief" that at least it wasn't a total engine failure (which could be just around the corner for any of us). I hope Ford figures it out and prioritizes folks (like you) whose wait is stretched out even longer (without even an explanation or an apology).

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Would things be different if the Bronco was electric??
This thread would'a been about 'spontaneous combustion' :)

....and would'a been 500 pages longer.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
.... I hope Ford figures it out and prioritizes folks (like you) whose wait is stretched out even longer (without even an explanation or an apology).
Oh, I think Ford has figured it out a long time ago. Sadly, they don't think we need to know anything. It is unacceptable if they don't have a batch of 2.7 engines sitting somewhere waiting to shipped to people like @Leifvan who have blown engines.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hope you are well MP
I celebrated 10,000 miles somewhere between Moab and Factory Butte, Utah…celebrating 15,000 miles somewhere between Churn Creek and Farwell Sand Dunes in BC’s Fraser Canyon…The Gold Rush Trail! 🐴🐴🥌🌋🎉🍍🥓🇨🇦🤟
NO FEAR 😂🤣😂
is your engine in the danger zone? I don't see it listed on @VictoryLights tracker. I am pretty sure anyone who is outside of the hot zones can drive without much concern as you are doing, but those who are in the hot zone can't.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/how-many-miles-on-your-2-7.34994/

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope you are well MP
NO FEAR 😂🤣😂
Yep, doing well and far away from home. I will hit 28k miles tomorrow sometime.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Screenshot_2022-07-02-18-14-36-653

21180 motor

Sponsored

broncorik

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, doing well and far away from home. I will hit 28k miles tomorrow sometime.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Screenshot_2022-07-02-18-14-36-653

21180 motor
I think you had an engine built on a lucky day when the production line wasn't reaching for valves from a bad batch...it appears that zero engines from your build date have failed (at least on this forum). Congrats and hopefully yours goes the distance!

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you had an engine built on a lucky day when the production line wasn't reaching for valves from a bad batch...it appears that zero engines from your build date have failed (at least on this forum). Congrats and hopefully yours goes the distance!
Well, so far. Just put in two 6 hour days and a 12 hour day today. Have another 6 hours tomorrow and Wednesday scheduled. Should be approaching 30k miles by the end of the week.

This is why I paid for the lux package. Adaptive cruise has been a lifesaver.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, so far. Just put in two 6 hour days and a 12 hour day today. Have another 6 hours tomorrow and Wednesday scheduled. Should be approaching 30k miles by the end of the week.

The adaptive cruise is nice along with lane keep assit in a long trip. Shame they didn’t include Blue Cruise though. I notice @Boris_the_Crawler has more miles listed on @VictoryLights tracker than you have.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Quick question. This is so far off this thread topic but this doesn't need it's own thread anyhow. When you are using the ACC, do the brakes constantly get applied when in traffic and do the brake lights actually illuminate with every adjustment? I'm asking because I was behind a Mustang Mach-E while I was using my own ACC and I was getting annoyed by what I thought was his constant tapping of his breaks. Was that his ACC or was he just an annoying driver like I thought? I'd hate to be doing that to others.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will let you know later today, I will have someone following me. My belief is that it is not constantly tapping the brakes.
Sponsored