Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just starting to feel good about my Bronco crossing 7400 miles, and perhaps being out of the worry zone just to see one failed with 10k miles…
Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. When I saw the Mustang it was in traffic at speed meaning we were all at 70mph and I was using ACC to hold the following distance between myself and the Mustang. I was thinking he was doing the same with the car in front thus making his ACC actively brake to maintain his own distance. Enough traffic so it was a long line but everyone was behaving so no real accordion effect. Just curious and probably can only be replicated when following in traffic.

So ya, yesterday, despite following into speed decrease zones (typical rural speed trap)... it slowed down considerably without the brakes. I felt the brakes apply and the driver behind me called out the taillights. So in general, it was not obnoxious.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes. The AB is the dead giveaway.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
BTW, story that was discussed on a podcast suggests that up to 25,500+ Broncos may be impacted by the valve issue.

This is what you get @Ford Motor Company, when you won't be open and honest, now you have to deal with the government investigation.

I would have thought that it would be just been easier to have been open and honest.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW, story that was discussed on a podcast suggests that up to 25,500+ Broncos may be impacted by the valve issue.

This is what you get @Ford Motor Company, when you won't be open and honest, now you have to deal with the government investigation.

I would have thought that it would be just been easier to have been open and honest.
25000 is more than a few!

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yep, they claim 25,538.
When you had enough talk about how old refrigerators made ice cubes, consider another perspective. I don't have any problems with someone voicing their opinions, Johnny's car care has some points for those of us outside the danger zone with enough mileage to feel better about our 2.7 Nano's, and anyone thinking about buying a 2.7 Bronco.

Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I found this interesting about a survey I just received.

“In order to continue with this survey, please provide the first 11 digits of your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).

Note that the first 11 digits of your VIN cannot be used to personally identify you. This is used solely to categorize your responses and only contains information related to the vehicle itself, such as where and when it was manufactured and its engine size.”

6F3C1AB5-1F6E-44D6-9AC3-06FEDA1D873F.png

Geearem

First Edition
First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2Dr Cyber Orange First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like my build date has amounts the highest failures and those were quite low mileage as well. It is not my daily driver until winter, But I am worried about it failing in the middle of winter and being stranded. It sounds crazy but I feel like I should put some miles on it in the warm months to perhaps have it fail in a safe climate condition.

This is so disappointing. I have had two land cruisers back in the 90's and they were completely bulletproof and I never feared venturing out cross-country with them. Had the second one for almost 17 years and it is now being used as an outfitter vehicle by an expedition firm in Labrador at 26 years old!

My first Ford - not sure what to do. I love it - it hits all the right spots but this is quite nerve wracking!

Julian Date: 21224 / August 12
Mileage: 750+
No issues with the 2.7L to date

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Happy 4th of July everyone! And what a way to start it! I think my engine has finally failed today 😞
Might be the first engine to fail with over 10k miles?
Service is closed today but I can keep my post updated with what the problem actually is and what’s going to happen with it

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 6F3C1AB5-1F6E-44D6-9AC3-06FEDA1D873F

Partial Update

this one from Monday the symptoms are bit unusual

We're waiting to see what the dealer service dept finds
Ruben plans to update when more info

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like my build date has amounts the highest failures and those were quite low mileage as well. It is not my daily driver until winter, But I am worried about it failing in the middle of winter and being stranded. It sounds crazy but I feel like I should put some miles on it in the warm months to perhaps have it fail in a safe climate condition.

This is so disappointing. I have had two land cruisers back in the 90's and they were completely bulletproof and I never feared venturing out cross-country with them. Had the second one for almost 17 years and it is now being used as an outfitter vehicle by an expedition firm in Labrador at 26 years old!

My first Ford - not sure what to do. I love it - it hits all the right spots but this is quite nerve wracking!

Julian Date: 21224 / August 12
Mileage: 750+
No issues with the 2.7L to date

I understand the concern of breaking down in cold weather (Alaska resident here). My engine broke down in March. So still very cold here, it was 9* when mine failed. Live life as normally as possible. The car shouldn't change everything you do. But - I would keep emergency supplies in the vehicle just in case. It's normal practice up here anyway. Is your commute outside of cell service?

But honestly, I am loving driving my Bronco in the summer with the top panels off. It's worth every penny. Enjoy it during all seasons ☺

Geearem

First Edition
First Name
Gee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2Dr Cyber Orange First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I understand the concern of breaking down in cold weather (Alaska resident here). My engine broke down in March. So still very cold here, it was 9* when mine failed. Live life as normally as possible. The car shouldn't change everything you do. But - I would keep emergency supplies in the vehicle just in case. It's normal practice up here anyway. Is your commute outside of cell service?

But honestly, I am loving driving my Bronco in the summer with the top panels off. It's worth every penny. Enjoy it during all seasons ☺

Good advice! I'll try to relax and drive the heck out of it.
Sponsored