Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F250, 2017 Fusion, 2014 Escape, 2005 LJ, 1968 M715
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chris,
I know of 2 forum members with -AB engines on January delivered Broncos.. Here's one engine with a " -AB " suffix that was built on Dec 20th, 2021. To your point above, I believe " WITH NO KNOWN CONFIRMATION OF ANY DETAIL , that the issue has been addressed and that we should be seeing all -AB engines . PURE SPECULATION on my part. No slamming , flaming or shooting of the messenger please. (grin)
Regards,
George

3FCE2156-4656-47FB-85EA-E167C1BAAD1C.jpeg
I agree, I think it's been addressed and a new model year brings a new engine part # and maybe a sense of security.

I guess my point was does Ford really know how many engines are out there with heads built with bad valves...I think they're still working that out. But no doubt they've changed something going foward.
Sponsored

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Chris,
I know of 2 forum members with -AB engines on January delivered Broncos.. Here's one engine with a " -AB " suffix that was built on Dec 20th, 2021. To your point above, I believe " WITH NO KNOWN CONFIRMATION OF ANY DETAIL , that the issue has been addressed and that we should be seeing all -AB engines . PURE SPECULATION on my part. No slamming , flaming or shooting of the messenger please. (grin)
Regards,
George

3FCE2156-4656-47FB-85EA-E167C1BAAD1C.jpeg
I understand the date code, but what does the AB denote. And the big number underneath? Engine number made that day?

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just changed my order today to 2.7. I just put my order in last week. I hope they have this all Ironed out by the time mine gets built

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So this weekend, driving my BD 2.7. Engine started coughing,, sputtering & conking out on me. Luckily I made it home. Had it towed to dealer on Sat morning. She is a dirt mountain veteran. Julian number is 21167! Ford on this forum has started a case for me. Just got off the phone with my dealer. Said they can't even look at her for at least a week!!!!! :mad:
4,400 miles on her. Never had a problem till now!!!! The last time I saw my Nellie
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] image2

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If two people on the way to their 3rd, maybe thread title should be updated to include those.

And I know it's tounge in cheek, but the fact that it's being celebrated that it's been 10 days since one blew up is really sad.
I've been following this thread by the updated title (31 failures) and don't understand why it still has momentum. Seems like the occurrence of failures is decelerating proportionate to the number of 2.7's shipped and the discussion should fizzle out.

Wish all of the 31 failures the best. Everyone else needs to go enjoy their Bronco they received before so much of this forum had the chance to. If you feel like you're living under a "danger zone" of failure, that's a issue you need to solve between your ears and has nothing to do with what's in your engine bay.

There's no way that we can crowdsource an answer to this better than Ford QC who has access to all of the hard data. But why not add another 50 pages here based on what someone pulled off a Facebook group...

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been following this thread by the updated title (31 failures) and don't understand why it still has momentum. Seems like the occurrence of failures is decelerating proportionate to the number of 2.7's shipped and the discussion should fizzle out.

Wish all of the 31 failures the best. Everyone else needs to go enjoy their Bronco they received before so much of this forum had the chance to. If you feel like you're living under a "danger zone" of failure, that's a issue you need to solve between your ears and has nothing to do with what's in your engine bay.

There's no way that we can crowdsource an answer to this better than Ford QC who has access to all of the hard data. But why not add another 50 pages here based on what someone pulled off a Facebook group...
Ok we will. You’re free to not read them.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 36BBBE69-3464-4D63-9729-90283BE2AC38

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So this weekend, driving my BD 2.7. Engine started coughing,, sputtering & conking out on me. Luckily I made it home. Had it towed to dealer on Sat morning. She is a dirt mountain veteran. Julian number is 21167! Ford on this forum has started a case for me. Just got off the phone with my dealer. Said they can't even look at her for at least a week!!!!! :mad:
4,400 miles on her. Never had a problem till now!!!! The last time I saw my Nellie
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 36BBBE69-3464-4D63-9729-90283BE2AC38
Not another one…. Could be different though. Have any of the other failures been operational at all?

Sponsored

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I just changed my order today to 2.7. I just put my order in last week. I hope they have this all Ironed out by the time mine gets built
Grab a Snickers as they will probably be all electric by the time you get yours. 🤣😂

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I understand the date code, but what does the AB denote. And the big number underneath? Engine number made that day?
I think AB denotes the 28th version on the 2.7 L engine since it’s inception in 2015. Where as A would be one and AA is 27th.

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Lucchese Update on mine. An engine was sourced on Friday afternoon. Ford's executive office called me on Saturday to let me know, it was at the plant and ready to ship. Hopefully we will see it soon and I'll be back up and running.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think AB denotes the 28th version on the 2.7 L engine since it’s inception in 2015. Where as A would be one and AA is 27th.
Close , you’ve got the right thinking going

-AA is the first version of the part Number
-A”B” is when the “B” is the first revision of the AA
You can think of it as the second version of this part number.

Credit : my apologies for stealing this from a previous post by a forum member. I would properly credit the source but just too lazy to look 🤷‍♂️ 🤔

Regards ,
George
Sponsored