Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So as a 21209'er with 5500 Miller's, I'm watching this closely. Has anyone mentioned lack of sufficient oil as a potential cause? Wasn't there discussion that Broncos were coming a quart low?
My oil level was fine on initial delivery, and the dealer changed it at 1500 miles with the correct amount. I checked it again post failure, it was still at the correct level, no milky look, foam, or glitter that I saw. I certainly didn't hear or feel anything that would match the destruction from the RUD posted above. Mine did find a way to send all the coolant out the tailpipe, so to me that means a pretty catastophic upper end failure (valves, head gasket, etc), not neccesarily the bottom (rods, pistons, etc). It would also crank over without complaint, but not fire at all (total lack of compression??). I wish I could be at the dealer helping tear it down, but that's not an option.
Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My oil level was fine on initial delivery, and the dealer changed it at 1500 miles with the correct amount. I checked it again post failure, it was still at the correct level, no milky look, foam, or glitter that I saw. I certainly didn't hear or feel anything that would match the destruction from the RUD posted above. Mine did find a way to send all the coolant out the tailpipe, so to me that means a pretty catastophic upper end failure (valves, head gasket, etc), not neccesarily the bottom (rods, pistons, etc). It would also crank over without complaint, but not fire at all (total lack of compression??). I wish I could be at the dealer helping tear it down, but that's not an option.
While the failure mechanism can manifest in a packed cylinder causing a lower end RUD, the root causes are likely the same. The valves stop doing their jobs, and some fall into the limit space of the cylinder.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a hilarious read, go over to BN and read the thread where someone posted the Motor Trend article. MT is a “total rag” and haven’t been trusted for years. Although if MT comes out with some positive review- it’ll be the best source ever for auto news and reviews! The fanboyism over there is just laughable. We’re all fans of the bronco- we ordered one (some people two)! But I’m not giving ford some kind of hero worship, especially after a deplorable release with this thing.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For a hilarious read, go over to BN and read the thread where someone posted the Motor Trend article. MT is a “total rag” and haven’t been trusted for years. Although if MT comes out with some positive review- it’ll be the best source ever for auto news and reviews! The fanboyism over there is just laughable. We’re all fans of the bronco- we ordered one (some people two)! But I’m not giving ford some kind of hero worship, especially after a deplorable release with this thing.
We are active here in this 2.7 thread BECAUSE we want our 2021 Nano Bronco to make it to old age, pampered and plundered because that was what we were sold by FORD marketing.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We are active here in this 2.7 thread BECAUSE we want our 2021 Nano Bronco to make it to old age, pampered and plundered because that was what we were sold by FORD marketing.
Absolutely, I ordered the 2.7 for it's reliability. If I knew it was gonna blow at 10k miles I wouldn't bother with synthetic oil changes and top tier gasoline. I don't want anything bad to happen, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the possibility.

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Absolutely, I ordered the 2.7 for it's reliability. If I knew it was gonna blow at 10k miles I wouldn't bother with synthetic oil changes and top tier gasoline. I don't want anything bad to happen, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to the possibility.
That is a healthy attitude. You know your Bronco's Nano was built the same day as 4 blown Nanos don't you?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a healthy attitude. You know your Bronco's Nano was built the same day as 4 blown Nanos don't you?
Oh yeah, hence why I've been watching this thread closely. I would prefer if nothing was wrong and it lives a long, happy life. I really wouldn't want the heads to be replaced under warranty if I don't have to. No sense in tearing apart a perfectly good engine if there's no reason to.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh yeah, hence why I've been watching this thread closely. I would prefer if nothing was wrong and it lives a long, happy life. I really wouldn't want the heads to be replaced under warranty if I don't have to. No sense in tearing apart a perfectly good engine if there's no reason to.
We’re pulling for you to have zero issues! Some people seem to act like because we update this thread and discuss the issue that we somehow want the 2.7 to suck. I have two on order! I want any issues resolved. I’m not interested in the 2.3 at all. Since my build date keeps getting pushed back twice/weekend, by the time my motor is built it’s hopefully ancient history. This thread is more to help those driving theirs now and specifically with certain Julian dates.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Make sure they replace your ENTIRE exhaust system! I don't think that is part of any parts replacements I have seen on these.

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Make sure they replace your ENTIRE exhaust system! I don't think that is part of any parts replacements I have seen on these.
I've asked the dealer about the cats and what they plan to do (replace vs. flush), but what's the concern with the rest of the system?

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I really hope both of my orders with the V6 come intact. I do not want to order the mailman's 4 cylinder Bronco. Just reminds me of air-cooled 4 cylinder Jeeps, which they claimed had adequate power. Now days with freeway driving at elevation and 35-37 inch tires we really need a V8 but we have to settle for 2.7

SLAY

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
4 Door First Edition
My reservation and order
Purchased 12/01/21
Engine failed 2/13/22.
984 Miles
Julian Date: 21179

I was backing Bronco out of the garage. All of a sudden the Bronco started shaking and making a clanking noise then died. It would not start after that. It was towed to local dealer. Dealer diagnosed it and Service Writer said that the #4 Valve failed causing significant damage. Ford is going to completely replace the engine. However, there is no ETA when engine will arrive. Dealership is trying to coordinate a rental car.

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, you might need to add me to the list. Still waiting for the dealer to look at it. Today I was driving, maybe 30 mph when all of a sudden I thought I heard some clicking noises from the engine, power drops and was barely able to pull over, then engine dead. Only warning lights I got were a forward sensor failure and then a message telling me to pull over put it in park and restart. Was not able to restart, starter fires but doesn't seem to engage with anything. Based on some quick reading of engine failures I have similar symptoms but no smoke from engine or exhaust. Hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Unfortunately did not get any engine build info but will see if I can from the dealer depending on what they find.

~2500 miles on the car, built in October.