steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do anyone knows what is the last built date with a engine failure? Is it 21214?
Ford might know...
As for failure data captured on this forum, check the 1st post of this thread.
Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay so Ford's "Good Will Gesture" to me is a $100 gift card for accessories. They stated they can't upgrade my warranty because I already have premium care.... and they can't refund me the money for my premium care. I am NOT pleased. Especially since I asked to speak to someone else and was hung up on and given the gift card anyway. This is bs. Anyone have any suggestions? $100 does not make up for the hit in resale value this had on my Bronco plus the uncertainty I have to deal with now. Plus I went a month without my Bronco. If this is all Ford is gonna do for us than I suggest you request a buy back before repairs are complete.
I suggest those who have had valve failure get to know each other. Trade contact details. You don’t want to miss this opportunity to support each other, now and into the future.

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 International Scout II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What about premium maintenance plan? That is worth about $2k.

TravisC91

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What about premium maintenance plan? That is worth about $2k.
That seems more fair, but I already bought all that stuff when I took delivery and they said they can't refund me. Has anyone recieve a free premium maintenance plan upgrade?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That seems more fair, but I already bought all that stuff when I took delivery and they said they can't refund me. Has anyone recieve a free premium maintenance plan upgrade?
They can definitely refund you. I was looking into selling my Bronco, so I had the dealer remove all of the extras that I bought. It only takes one form and a check of the mileage.

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called my buddy in Houston this weekend who worked in service at a Ford dealer and he claimed at least that seven Broncos came in with blown engines within a couple days. The issue is likely a little bigger than we have the visibility to see, but certainly not sky is falling.
The sky did fall on at least seven New Bronco owners with blown engines within a couple of days. That is crazy. Today we learned that Ford has given a gift card for $100 to one of those with failed 2.7 engines. @TravisC91 is one of those who no doubt feels like the sky has fallen. I am sure there are folks on this thread that would like to see the engine stickers. Did you have any luck finding any of these Houston failures? Perhaps just knowing what “couples of days” they failed will help. Your original post quoted above was on Jan 18, 2021.

Last edited:

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I believe you could look into cancelling and adding the plans back. You will likely take a hit for some of the months already used. I cancelled my extended warranty (not Ford) and then received the Ford plan free.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe you could look into cancelling and adding the plans back. You will likely take a hit for some of the months already used. I cancelled my extended warranty (not Ford) and then received the Ford plan free.
Do you know who the underwriter is for the plan? Does Ford underwrite all plans, or are dealerships involved?

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you know who the underwriter is for the plan? Does Ford underwrite all plans, or are dealerships involved?
My plan that I cancelled was EG Assurance. Not sure about the Ford plans. I didn't pay close attention at the time of purchase as to why it was not a Ford plan, but I guess I'll know for next time.

Sponsored

International_George

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lucchese Well, I got mine back 41 days later. It's an AA with an old Julian date. Not happy at this point 21125

?hash=fe029ae6576546273bf5c0018fe72f23.jpg

20220222_161243.jpg
Most likely the problem parts have been replaced. At least one would hope.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Most likely the problem parts have been replaced. At least one would hope.
One would hope FORD would actually issue a recall on those 'problem parts' so we don't have to wait for ours to GRENADE in order to have confidence in them.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Lucchese Well, I got mine back 41 days later. It's an AA with an old Julian date. Not happy at this point 21125

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 20220222_161243

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 20220222_161243
I had to go back and look. Your original engine was a 21166 and this one is 211125...so is it the same day but a little older? If so, HOLY CRAP!

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to go back and look. Your original engine was a 21166 and this one is 211125...so is it the same day but a little older? If so, HOLY CRAP!
Original was a June build replacement was a May

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Original was a June build replacement was a May
OK got it. So in theory manufactured before the window of failures. Well, good luck and glad you have your Bronco back.
Sponsored