Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine is an AA :cautious: with a JD of 21211.... This sucks!!!!
When you post without reading 198 pages of information and discover your engine number actually is doing fine (knock on wood, you owe that to me for not making you read 198 pages..).

Punisher4135

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 2020 Supra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey guys, mine was built end of Dec. 22 MY. is the AB really so far so good? I have to tell you, the engine sounds a little weird. Maybe I’m just not used to this V6.

43F15C00-F7C3-417E-873A-E3B474060BAA.jpeg

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Guys, I'd suggest that you at least read the first post and maybe at least browse or follow the conversation a bit before chiming in. There is a lot of info and conversations had.

Yes we think AB engines are good and that version (vs. the AA engines) include the change to address the original issue. Yes 41 engines are not a lot but these are only the ones we're tracking on this forum. Search the thread to come up to speed before dismissing the issue.

Punisher4135

Wildtrak
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tundra 2020 Supra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Guys, I'd suggest that you at least read the first post and maybe at least browse or follow the conversation a bit before chiming in. There is a lot of info and conversations had.

Yes we think AB engines are good and that version (vs. the AA engines) include the change to address the original issue. Yes 41 engines are not a lot but these are only the ones we're tracking on this forum. Search the thread to come up to speed before dismissing the issue.
Thank you for your work in this.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good Engines
- Besides the blown engines, also helpful if people post good engines - build-dates & mileage in threads like :
- Whose 2.7 running strong . .
- How Many Miles Your 2.7
- or this thread, and others

This way B6g gathering good info. Histogram below shows more than 175 good engines built early June thru late December. Helps see patterns to compare. For instance we see the Lima transition to the new valves mentioned Feb 21 - Update #2
- During these seven months there's only one production gap more than a week. We see two engines built 21228, and two on 21266. But no engines built in the 37-day gap between 228 and 266. That's a big production gap more than 5-weeks long, when the other gaps are only a week or less
Notes :
- Lima almost never builds em on weekends - so far only a couple of these were built on a Saturday - the others built on weekdays
- many of the gaps are just weekends that drag out more than two-days
Clear Gap
- many good engines were built in the so-called 'Clear Gap' Julian 183 thru 206 - so far so good in this 24-day period
Clear Day
- in 'Hot Zone 2' it seems we have a 'Clear Day' at 21211, w 10 good engines posted and zero failures
rev -AB
- the engine labels show -AB transition Nov/Dec

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 2.7L Good Engines - transitions

- and compare w the blown engines
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Blown 2.7 ebds 2mo - hot & clear

Note: as the 'Hot Zone' ebd's accumulate, the two other blown engines 21133 & 21281 appear to be isolated random failures (outliers)

Last edited:

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
41 out of how many built? This is a small percentage I’d assume.
Seriously? In moden vehicle engine manufacturing, this is considered a very high failure rate. 41 failed engines in 1M F150’s maybe, but not 41 out of about 15-20k Broncos that have a V6.

Sponsored

GETSCHWIFTY

First Name
Rick Sanchez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Seriously? In moden vehicle engine manufacturing, this is considered a very high failure rate. 41 failed engines in 1M F150’s maybe, but not 41 out of about 15-20k Broncos that have a V6.
I would argue the logical fallacy here is you’re looking specifically at just the broncos as if these motors are specific to one vehicle and not the entire line of the 2.7 eco boost motor that is built ad a whole.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those 41 owners, its 100% of the Broncos they own.

If you assume 10% of Bronco owners are forum members, then its more like 400 blown engines. And if you make further assumptions about the number of Bronco engines produced in the 2 "FAIL WINDOWS", it might actually be a stunningly large failure percentage.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would argue the logical fallacy here is you’re looking specifically at just the broncos as if these motors are specific to one vehicle and not the entire line of the 2.7 eco boost motor that is built ad a whole.
And 41 are just those that are tracked on this forum. And those are isolated to a couple of narrow windows. Yes others know how to do math too.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not when you limit it to the Broncos with 2.7 motors built in the hot zone. If we could get any information from Ford, we would be able to make more informed assumptions about failure rates and such.

We are looking at 66 days of production (roughly). I have no doubt that we will hit 66 motors at some point. That would be an average of one failed motor every day over the period, which would be exceedingly high.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Doesn’t care about topic enough to read entire thread, but cares enough to chime in uneducated comment that’s totally wrong. Classic 6G.
Sponsored