First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The worst part of this whole blown engine debacle is that around the time I got my Bronco my brother got a Defender and I gave him a lot of grief about the reliability.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The worst part of this whole blown engine debacle is that around the time I got my Bronco my brother got a Defender and I gave him a lot of grief about the reliability.
Well- you weren’t lying!!! 😆

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Speaking of a tune, FORD revealed one for the 2.7L Bronco at SEMA but has anybody seen further mention of it? If not, that seems suspicious.
I saw somewhere on here that the tune for the 2.7 was supposed to be out in the 2nd quarter of '22.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lucchese Not sure who #43 is on the list as they opted to remain confidential. But if the vehicle (not the owner) in question isn't named Lucy, then there will be another that can be added.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And the hits just keep on comin’!!!!!!!!!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And the hits just keep on comin’!!!!!!!!!
As I said before, just wait. There really hasn't been that many 2.7's released in the wild yet. As dirt/snow mountain clears out And people actually start putting real mileage on their 2.7's this number is going to go up.

Side note, I hate all those posts where someone claims they're 2.7 is going strong for the whole 1k miles (if that) they have put on it. Worthless data.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Lucchese Not sure who #43 is on the list as they opted to remain confidential. But if the vehicle (not the owner) in question isn't named Lucy, then there will be another that can be added.
yes this is #43 - same engine

Update Edit:
- yesterday received this by DM - wasn't sure if confidential or not - now today confirmed not confidential

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Blown 2.7 ebds 2mo Contain - 2022.Mar.11

Last edited:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As I said before, just wait. There really hasn't been that many 2.7's released in the wild yet. As dirt/snow mountain clears out And people actually start putting real mileage on their 2.7's this number is going to go up.

Side note, I hate all those posts where someone claims they're 2.7 is going strong for the whole 1k miles (if that) they have put on it. Worthless data.
It gives me a chuckle. Of course it’s running strong! Until it doesn’t run at all!

Sponsored

KnoxGnater

Badlands
First Name
Nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1934 Ford Roadster Pickup, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip, thank you for the sanity you bring to this forum on many fronts. You're a soothing balm in a sh*t storm of a Product launch.

Do you have an idea of the "book" time, or what we should expect (with several grains of salt) for turnaround time once these rigs are in the bay and wrenches are out? My dealer has said "I have 2 dedicated engine guys" but also appreciate this will be the first Bronco for them and hope they take some time. Is there good documentation from Ford on procedures??

I'm an Engineer from a family of mechanics and have rebuilt a few 70's era small block Fords so I'm comfortable with the details.....but I don't think my Service writer really has a Mechanic's background. His responses are very vague. Probably protecting himself and his team from me being a potential Karen.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Flip, thank you for the sanity you bring to this forum on many fronts. You're a soothing balm in a sh*t storm of a Product launch.

Do you have an idea of the "book" time, or what we should expect (with several grains of salt) for turnaround time once these rigs are in the bay and wrenches are out? My dealer has said "I have 2 dedicated engine guys" but also appreciate this will be the first Bronco for them and hope they take some time. Is there good documentation from Ford on procedures??

I'm an Engineer from a family of mechanics and have rebuilt a few 70's era small block Fords so I'm comfortable with the details.....but I don't think my Service writer really has a Mechanic's background. His responses are very vague. Probably protecting himself and his team from me being a potential Karen.
Motors says just under 15 hours to replace a running complete with is nuts and usually just a formula taken from warranty time. Realistically it will be 25+ for a long block if they haven't done one yet.

blanchardsbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fusion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fo Mo Co called me yesterday. Said all my parts are in..... but there are 5 vehicles in front of mine to be worked on first!!! 🤦‍♂️ Love that it isn't the dealer calling me with this info!!
Hey .......... hurry up and wait!!! 🤞

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh good only 14 motors after mine 🤬

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Motors says just under 15 hours to replace a running complete with is nuts and usually just a formula taken from warranty time. Realistically it will be 25+ for a long block if they haven't done one yet.
Engine
Engine, R&R
B
Includes: Transfer All Fuel & Electrical Units. Does Not Include: Transfer Of Optional Equipment.
NOTE(Optional Labor)
With Sway Bar Disconnect, Add

From Alldata
Sponsored