First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Which has more risk, bike breaking in the canadian rockies or bronco breaking in the canadian rockies?
Seems like either could put you "at risk of injury, death or exposure to unsuitable elements".
Watchout... you will be called a troll for stating the facts... :)
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watchout... you will be called a troll for stating the facts... :)
I know, I've read every post in this thread from the beginning. I've just tried to keep my thoughts to myself b/c regardless how I feel about other peoples opinions in this thread, the data that has been compiled here is invaluable to me. Same with the other thread documenting running V6's.
Not to mention the campaign to help those affected to make NHTSA reports!
Thanks, all!!

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Invaluable means itā€™s so important you canā€™t put a value on it.
Ha! Youā€™re totally right! I misread it as not valuable. Time change has my reading skills all fā€™d up! I deleted my post. Reason- stupidity.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! Youā€™re totally right! I misread it as not valuable. Time change has my reading skills all fā€™d up! I deleted my post. Reason- stupidity.
Just thought Iā€™d mention it to quell drama. I see you have a Gladiator. Thatā€™s probably my next move if this 2021/22/23/24/25 Bronco doesnā€™t work out. :ROFLMAO:

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just thought Iā€™d mention it to quell drama. I see you have a Gladiator. Thatā€™s probably my next move if this 2021/22/23/24/25 Bronco doesnā€™t work out. :ROFLMAO:
No worries- I donā€™t mind being pointed out for misreading something or being factually wrong!
I really like the Gladiator. Fun ride. Looking more forward to the bronco though!

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which has more risk, bike breaking in the canadian rockies or bronco breaking in the canadian rockies?
Seems like either could put you "at risk of injury, death or exposure to unsuitable elements".
Get real Jon. My bike will never get me further than I can walk. I will take that as a joke.

Baja71

Badlands
First Name
tw
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Stroppe Baja Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmmm...Which one would you rather pack out? Or hide in the bush? Reminds me of a movie The Pursuit of DB Cooper, I believe was the title. Treat Williams had a CJ5 hidden in the back woods under brush for when he landed via parachute. What a find that would be! 2022 Badlands:love:

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get real Jon. My bike will never get me further than I can walk. I will take that as a joke.
And the only possible thing to break on a V6 Bronco out in the woods is an engine valve destroying your motor.
Certainly no chance of breaking tie rods, CV, steering rack, rolling/flopping, multiple tire punctures, getting stuck, ABS sensors/adv 4x4, drive shaft.
Go out in a group, or prepare to hike back to civilization. It's always been that way and always will.

Unless you're talking about on-road. Then I'd much rather take my chances of injury/death inside a Bronco on the highway with loss of engine than on a bike; even a motorized one. Bronco has doors, crumple zones, air bags. Bike/motorcycle has, well, nothing except your safety gear.

bike experience/credentials:

live/work in city, pedestrians get killed by bikers, bikers get killed by cars.

ex-motorcycle rider, laid my bike down in Deals Gap, gear saved me from a broken ankle, road 800 miles home one handed b/c I ef'd up my shoulder.

brother hit on motorcyle in parking lot, broke femur in several places, has titanium rod in leg forever.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was discussing this with @JPye and he pointed out something that I hadnā€™t seen yet. Our thread collecting data on known good engines shows a gap of production from 21228-21266.

Was this Ford pausing production to fix the issue?

The data on this thread only has one failure after 21266. Could that be another cause or was that a confirmed dropped valve?

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Was discussing this with @JPye and he pointed out something that I hadnā€™t seen yet. Our thread collecting data on known good engines shows a gap of production from 21228-21266.

Was this Ford pausing production to fix the issue?

The data on this thread only has one failure after 21266. Could that be another cause or was that a confirmed dropped valve?
And 21224 was the last engine failure date recorded so far and it was the 2nd worst production date with 4 failed engines on that date. Does Ford do any quality checks during production? I can imagine a 21225 Friday the 13th engine build blowing up on a test stand during a spot check before the factory went on weekend off. Production on 2.7ā€™s could have stopped on Monday August 16th. i.e.,. Julian date 21228.
If this is the case and Ford did fix the issue after a prolonged shutdown, that would mean all julian dates after 21266 are golden. šŸ™šŸ»

Last edited:

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And 21224 was the last engine failure date recorded so far and it was the 2nd worst production date with 4 failed engines on that date. Does Ford do any quality checks during production? I can imagine a 21225 Friday the 13th engine build blowing up on a test stand during a spot check before the factory went on weekend off. Production on 2.7ā€™s could have stopped on Monday August 16th. i.e.,. Julian date 21228.
If this is the case and Ford did fix the issue after a prolonged shutdown, that would mean all julian dates of 21266 are golden. šŸ™šŸ»
There is one 21281 failure.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is one 21281 failure.
An outlier. Julian Dates bordered in Red represent failed dates, and those outside the red boarder but inside the yellow highlight are outliers.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1647302247007

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Add me to the list.
2021 2DR OBX 2.7 auto with 3,818 miles.

Catastrophic engine failure - a valve came loose and was crushed by the pistons or some such nonsense. Sucks to be me. Replacement motor is on order and could take a couple weeks. No loaner vehicle available. Good thing Iā€™ve still got my 2014 Toyota Sequoia. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­šŸ˜¢

EDIT: adding pertinent info from later posts here:

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925

BLOWN ENGINE INFO (blew 3/13/22):
Lima Engine Plant
27L RWD U725
MB3E 6007 AA
[QR CODE] 121
EF06A21131120036

NEW ENGINE INFO (installed ~4/18/22):
161 [QR CODE]
27L RWD U725
Lima Engine Plant
MB3E 6007 AB
EF06A22032120713

Last edited:

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Add me to the list.

Catastrophic engine failure - a valve came loose and was crushed by the pistons or some such nonsense. Sucks to be me. Replacement motor is on order and could take a couple weeks. No loaner vehicle available. Good thing Iā€™ve still got my 2014 Toyota Sequoia. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜­šŸ˜¢
Sorry to hear it. Please let us know your Julian date.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Add me to the list.

Sorry to hear! Lots of info in post 1. Best of luck to a speedy new motor!
Sponsored