First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
? is that any way to treat a new visiting guest ?
. . I go out for awhile, and look what happens . .

Right, F-150's would be a separate list - they wouldn't be mixed w Bronco list

the trouble is we don't see that many F-150 events here in B6g - and the few we see don't give much info, like the one here Wednesday, no follow-up w info

in all the posts which mentioned F-150 blown engines, I can only remember one w engine ser#, and that was 21219 120548 - Julian 219 which falls in Bronco ' Hot Zone ' 159 - 224
Thanks Joseph! Shame we had a F-150 owner post their failure here with no follow up. I am curious if any F-150 2.7's were built in the same weeks the Bronco's were built, and if they also had blown valves. That would help narrow the failures to a bad lot of valve parts, and help eliminate the theory that it was software, or other tweak @Ford Motor Company did to eek out more horsepower and torque from our Nano engines. It does say a lot for your work when we see posts to keep it a Bronco only 2.7 failure thread after you suggested we track the F-150 failures and I reinforced that suggestion. It also points out the problems with a thread that is as long as this one. I wonder if it holds a record for number of comments in a single thread. I agree with you that It is a shame some followers of this thread scold @Ford Motor Company for their post, al bet late in this thread. They may not engage in the discussions here, but now we know without a doubt that @Ford Motor Company are watching your thread.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My vote.
Include '21,'22 F150 2.7 destroyed engines IF
1) engine was destroyed by valve failure
2) engine Julian date is provided / found
3) delineated from Bronco (different color in chart, filterable in excel, etc)
4) *engine mileage provided

* Not sure if requirement should include mileage of failure...

Reasons:
2.7 engine in F150 is similar to Bronco
Valves for both could easily have been sourced from same supplier or from same Ford faulty specs
2.7 engines are made at same assembly plant

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've done a couple NY to NC to NY to NC road trips and my new engine is doing well. It's averaging 19.6MPG on mostly highway miles.

Also decided to tear out the back seats and build a flat platform, and got an ARB bumper and WARN winch. Hope it's all fun from here on out!

Mataxis

Black Diamond
First Name
R. Carson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toy.Sequoia, 2020 Dodge Challenger ScatPack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now back to the list....I'm curious about number 44 (mataxis) was that an "AB" engine that failed...
No, my AA blew and they replaced it with an AB.

The list says "44) @Mataxis - 1st post - March 13, 3818 mi, new 2.7L -AB"

The "new 2.7: -AB" is showing what the resolution of the issue was.

Here's my VIN and engine info from several of my other posts.

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925

BLOWN ENGINE INFO (blew 3/13/22):
Lima Engine Plant
27L RWD U725
MB3E 6007 AA
[QR CODE] 121
EF06A21131120036

NEW ENGINE INFO (installed ~4/18/22):
161 [QR CODE]
27L RWD U725
Lima Engine Plant
MB3E 6007 AB
EF06A22032120713

Last edited:

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I agree with you that It is a shame some followers of this thread scold @Ford Motor Company for their post, al bet late in this thread. They may not engage in the discussions here, but now we know without a doubt that @Ford Motor Company are watching your thread.

I want to kindly address this issue. I'm not ashamed for what I said. When I do business with a company, I want to know that I'm respected and taken care of in regards to the product I have purchased. I want a company that is strong enough and willing to take responsibility not only for the successes, but also for their errors. When this doesn't happen, frustration builds. I am actually extremely quick to forgive and move forward in a situation, but it does take them coming to the table with honest concern and honest work to do better or fix the situation. This has not been my experience. I was extremely patient and accepting of the situation in the beginning. I 100% trusted that they were doing everything in their power and that we were at the mercy of the system and complications of the auto industry to catch up from COVID production complications. However, it has been proved that that is NOT the situation that I am personally dealing with. I started asking more questions. But when I started asking questions - valid, appropriate questions that ultimately solved my parts problem, I was disregarded by the party in question. Do I have a CSR that I have been working with? Yes. But she is also limited in answers in her situation. To use her own phrase, I attempted to "engage my resources."

Could I have phrased my complaint differently, especially considering this is a public forum? Sure, I could have. But, also, at what point do I speak out and push the transparency issue? At what point do we share our true experience in an effort to get the customer care we should get? I have kept most of the ugly struggle to myself because I am still waiting for Ford to make this right in the end. But I won't know the final resolution for quite some time.

Sponsored

johngray95762

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX70
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Has anyone who lives in California been successful at getting Ford to buy their Bronco back?

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow! A Ford rep finally chimes in on page 241. This must be a disaster of biblical proportions….

Looks like it's been deleted now. What does that mean? o_O

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did not mean to cast a poor light on you, my reference was to general comments about Ford coming to the party late. We all can appreciate the frustration you’re dealing with, so no apologies necessary at all. Forgive me if you thought I was being critical of you, I did not mean to be.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did not mean to cast a poor light on you, my reference was to general comments about Ford coming to the party late. We all can appreciate the frustration you’re dealing with, so no apologies necessary at all. Forgive me if you thought I was being critical of you, I did not mean to be.

I understand. No worries on my part. I do appreciate the clarification. 😉

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925

Lima Engine Plant
27L RWD U725
MB3E 6007 AA
[QR CODE] 121
EF06A21131120036

161 [QR CODE]
27L RWD U725
Lima Engine Plant
MB3E 6007 AB
EF06A22032120713

VIN # 1FMDE5CP2MLA61925

Lima Engine Plant
27L RWD U725
MB3E 6007 AA
[QR CODE] 121
EF06A21131120036

161 [QR CODE]
27L RWD U725
Lima Engine Plant
MB3E 6007 AB
EF06A22032120713
Thanks..thats a relief..hope all is well with your ride now!...mine is 22057....been following thus thread though since it started but was concerned yours was an AB

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I want to kindly address this issue . .
no explanation needed - go ahead n' vent all you want
- understood
- as a blown-engine survivor you've earned it

. . agree with you . . a shame some followers of this thread scold Ford . .
you know, was being a bit sarcastic w my comment ' any way to treat a new visiting guest ' . . sort of joking around w @Razorbak86 and @j_marinelli . . ( I believe the sarcasm was clear to them )

yeah we wish that Ford would engage in discussions and share info, but they haven't so far
- and their continued stone-walling prob deserves some ridicule
- thousands of 2.7 ' Hot Zone ' owners still waiting Ford to say something, and do something like a ' Replacement Campaign '

we wish Ford would listen to their own people . .

From an informed Ford source -
-- " At this point, the best option is to build a ton of the new head assemblies, then issue a Replacement Campaign for the affected owners. "

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you know, was being a bit sarcastic w my comment ' any way to treat a new visiting guest ' . . sort of joking around w @Razorbak86 and @j_marinelli . . ( I believe the sarcasm was clear to them )
I absolutely took it as joking @Lucchese and also should go on the record as saying I never intend for my content to be malicious. I'm one of those guys that often turn to humor in the face of darkness.

Is it a little frustrating on how Ford is handling the 2.7 issues? IMO, absolutely but we also have to remember that the Ford presence on this forum is from their marketing team and is not the same person each every time. I do welcome their interaction on this forum but sometimes think it might be better suited if they stuck to congratulatory type post on people getting their bronco instead of trying to be involved in issues as they can't possibly respond to every person's thread with issues.

That all said I would like to report that I'm over 8,300 miles and my 2.7 is going strong! My nerves have certainly subsided though I do have a little anxiety on my upcoming road trip to Flagstaff in June. If I go through that trip without a hitch, I probably won't even twice about my motor possibly ka-booming.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah we wish that Ford would engage in discussions and share info, but they haven't so far
- and their continued stone-walling prob deserves some ridicule
- thousands of 2.7 ' Hot Zone ' owners still waiting Ford to say something, and do something like a '
I agree, but to quote a passage from "How to win friends and influence people" by Dale Carnegie, "A drop of honey catches more flies than a gallon of gall.
The anger embedded in 3646 posts will not shame FoMoCo into doing the right thing. All we can do in a Bronco6g thread is provide as much data as we can collect so Bronco owners can make informed decisions about their purchases, and owners of failed Broncos can learn what they can do while their Broncos are being repaired under Ford's fantastic Warranty program. (sarcasm)

This thread has already proved to be a valuable resource for all concerned about their 2.7's fortitude. I am convinced now that my 21319 Julian Date Nano is NOT at risk. Time will tell, but it sure does seem that Ford did catch the problem in 2021. I do think Ford owes you, @Lucchese words of thanks for starting this thread. Upper management, lawyers and marketing people won't, but the engineers and line workers will. It is important for LEP and MAP workers to know they are producing one of the best ICE vehicles of this decade, which I am now convinced they are building now. As long as they can get chips that is.
Sponsored