Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
nice job !
- and great reporting by Rod Meloni ! - ( WDIV Channel 4 Detroit )
- added link in opening post

I did talk about Bronco6g and what you guys have done with data collection/info…it didn’t make it to the final cut. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did talk about Bronco6g and what you guys have done with data collection/info…it didn’t make it to the final cut. 🤷🏻‍♀️
You did great and represented me as a Bronco owner well. Thanks!!!

And your Bronco looked beautiful on TV!

BanzaiBob

Black Diamond
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond Sasquatch A51
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello,

My 21 two-door Wildtrack falls in the Julian build date (21180 = 6/29/21, Seq = 120358) for the valve issue. My engine now has a ticking sound and is louder at speed.

My family and I were about to book our date for the Bronco Roadeo in Austin this summer and then attend the Bronco Super Cel in September. I do not have confidence that we will make either.

Would greatly appreciate any help/advice.
Tim

21BroncoJulianInfo.jpg
Hi Tim, I'm post #20 that was referenced with the ticking sound. Your issue sounds very similar to mine although my engine was a 12/21 build. Best bet is to take it into your dealer to be safe. You can even show them my service order if you'd like. They replaced my engine within 2 weeks time. And btw, it was replaced before it blew.

Last edited:

Pflo

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Loaner Car?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Evening All,

I've been meaning to make my first post documenting my recent trip to Big Bend in Skookum, my 21 Badsquatch 4dr.

Unfortunately, my engine blew less than 4 hours ago @3600mi Just wanted to throw out my appreciation for this thread and this page. Because of y'all, I was prepared for this to happen and was even joking today about not letting my buddy ever drive it because if it failed with him at the wheel, he'd never forgive himself.

Meeting with Grapevine Ford tomorrow to start making a game plan for Skookum to live a nice long healthy life road tripping across Texas.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meeting with Grapevine Ford tomorrow to start making a game plan for Skookum to live a nice long healthy life road tripping across Texas.
Sorry this happened to you. If you could, take a picture of the Engine Ser# Label to help with tracking here. If you go to the first post in this thread, you can see what it looks like.

Good luck!

Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Evening All,

I've been meaning to make my first post documenting my recent trip to Big Bend in Skookum, my 21 Badsquatch 4dr.

Unfortunately, my engine blew less than 4 hours ago @3600mi Just wanted to throw out my appreciation for this thread and this page. Because of y'all, I was prepared for this to happen and was even joking today about not letting my buddy ever drive it because if it failed with him at the wheel, he'd never forgive himself.

Sorry to hear this. Speedy recovery. Please describe the driving conditions. Were you at freeway speed? Wheeling? What happened exactly?

Pflo

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Loaner Car?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to hear this. Speedy recovery. Please describe the driving conditions. Were you at freeway speed? Wheeling? What happened exactly?
Coming off of a stop sign on a feeder road towing a small boat/trailer (<3000#) back from the lake. 18mph on a slight uphill when we smelled something sweet and noticed white smoke.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Coming off of a stop sign on a feeder road towing a small boat/trailer (<3000#) back from the lake. 18mph on a slight uphill when we smelled something sweet and noticed white smoke.
Sorry about the bronco. Hopefully you’ll have good fortune to get it back quickly!

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry about the bronco. Hopefully you’ll have good fortune to get it back quickly!
Are you sure it is toast? It surely sounds not like a good thing but hopefully it is something benign. Which dealer is looking at it at the moment?

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Best of luck to you and hopefully it chooses a nice convenient and safe place to dissassamble rapidly.

• Haha
Reactions: R11

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure it is toast? It surely sounds not like a good thing but hopefully it is something benign. Which dealer is looking at it at the moment?
I think you meant to ask Pflo.

Pflo

Badlands
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Loaner Car?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed this AM: it's toast. Dealer is saying that the spark plug is sheared off and will require engine replacement :rolleyes:but is not acknowledging valve issue at this time.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Confirmed this AM: it's toast. Dealer is saying that the spark plug is sheared off and will require engine replacement :rolleyes:but is not acknowledging valve issue at this time.
Spark plug sheared off, massive coolant leak, (sweet smell in white smoke), suggests a RUD due to valve failure. IMHO.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Mine had substantial spark plug damage as well.

Attachments