Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc 1965 4x4 SS Elcamino 72
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally it is my turn. Engine let got this morning on way to work, no warning noises. Kid I work with was behind me. He said he saw a couple of puffs of smoke from underneath and when she let go white smoke boiled out from underneath and the tailpipe. Said he could smell antifreeze and oil. Engine is locked up and will not turn over. He was afraid he was going to rear end me because I disappeared in the smoke cloud. Dealer says this is the first bronco engine failure that they have seen here. 3900 miles 21169 engine date. At least I won't have to do first oil change.
Sponsored

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

my has 3400 (21165),Nick name(the Grenade) well your cutting this roulette pretty close,will mine blow????you were like four behind me on the line

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
will mine blow????you were like four behind me on the line
Since Ford totally knows which VINs have valves from the supplier in question...and Ford remains tighter than a frog's asshole, do y'all think implosion potential is heavily influenced driving style, or break in?

Arc

Black Diamond
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nope drove from florida wide open five hours drive it like ya stole it....

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Since Ford totally knows which VINs have valves from the supplier in question...and Ford remains tighter than a frog's asshole, do y'all think implosion potential is heavily influenced driving style, or break in?
Does Ford know? Do they have serial numbers? I don’t think so. The mix of good and bad valves will follow a bell shaped distribution curve no doubt from the first bad valve to the last.

Sponsored

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the base issue is either they would have to recall all 2021 broncos producedonce started until know change date or will face litiagation missing some guess at affective vin dates. It is unrealistic to think they have a provable list of effected vins. So this cheaper to let them blow and repair. Not suggesting this is acceptable to buying public but just this situation they are stuck with

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is unrealistic to think they have a provable list of effected vins.
I believe Ford (and most major manufacturers) have claw-back language in their supplier contracts in anticipation of defective work. Believe me, they know who supplied every nut & bolt.

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry don’t agree I don’t think they have a solid fix on the ones affected vs ones not to have recall and get in legal issues for missing some that means recall has to be between known start of production of all 2021 and know date of engine valve change only legal way in this situation to avoid continued lane suits on missing some

Sponsored

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry don’t agree I don’t think they have a solid fix on the ones affected vs ones not to have recall and get in legal issues for missing some that means recall has to be between known start of production of all 2021 and know date of engine valve change only legal way in this situation to avoid continued lane suits on missing some
The question should be, in Just in Time manufacturing, how long will it take for a bad batch to work out of the system? And did they receive enough bad valves that there was a point in the bell shaped curve that all valves in an engine were bad?

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree it’s who goes first feds with recall on all 2021 up to known value change date or can they wait it out on replacements. Most likely in about 2024 we are most likely to see recall on all 2021 up to approx Nov 2021 value change hit news or it dies off. Not saying right just look at the recall noticed many years later when happens. It’s a who goes first and wait issue until called out or not issue. But even though we have a very accurate chart on events the legal types will deal with what happens if you call it wrong. It will have to be on locked in dates start of production and know change in values all in between get called out by those missed. So replace better option until they get ordered otherwise on all minus those with engine changes with new valve engines

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

another dropped valve event reported @FB - engine replaced
- Scott Brooks - Annandale, MN ~ June 30

listed in B6g, maybe Mr. Brooks will share engine ser#, or last-8 of VIN
- we hope to include the engine build-date in B6g tracking

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Scott Brooks event

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
another dropped valve event reported @FB - engine replaced
- Scott Brooks - Annandale, MN ~ June 30

listed in B6g, maybe Mr. Brooks will share engine ser#, or last-8 of VIN
- we hope to include the engine build-date in B6g tracking

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Scott Brooks event

I'm impressed with the turn around time. Sounds like in 10 days he was back on the road. Well done.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on that 10K unit failure?
Sponsored