First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finally got the Bronco back after 7 ½ weeks, replacement engine supposably on backorder for three weeks, but it has a Julian date of 22052 (Feb 21st), yeah, I know probably just a onetime use bolt that Ford couldn’t get. Frustrating it says Remanufactured Engine on the repair order, hope that’s not true and just how they word it. Time to drive the shit out of the Bronco and put 2,000 miles a month on it rather than 2,000 in 6 months just to find out trying to keep your vehicles value up by keeping the miles lower, and then after this… only makes me feel like the Bronco doesn’t have the same value anymore. I think the worst part of it all is there was no compassion from the Ford service department, never could answer any questions about the cause of the issue or would acknowledge Ford has a 2.7 motor problem, she just played stupid, I felt more like I was annoying her, and I’m still loyal to Ford, love the shit out of the Bronco and Raptor and wouldn’t trade them for anything else. Now onto Ford Customer Service to finish the claim I started and fight for some money and extended powertrain warranty. Again, thanks everyone for all your posts and sharing your experiences, I know I’m definitely not alone!

Bronco.PNG
So this couldn't be one of the alleged valve failures because it was just a timing component failure. Nothing to see here folks, just move on.
Sponsored

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Finally got the Bronco back after 7 ½ weeks, replacement engine supposably on backorder for three weeks, but it has a Julian date of 22052 (Feb 21st), yeah, I know probably just a onetime use bolt that Ford couldn’t get. Frustrating it says Remanufactured Engine on the repair order, hope that’s not true and just how they word it. Time to drive the shit out of the Bronco and put 2,000 miles a month on it rather than 2,000 in 6 months just to find out trying to keep your vehicles value up by keeping the miles lower, and then after this… only makes me feel like the Bronco doesn’t have the same value anymore. I think the worst part of it all is there was no compassion from the Ford service department, never could answer any questions about the cause of the issue or would acknowledge Ford has a 2.7 motor problem, she just played stupid, I felt more like I was annoying her, and I’m still loyal to Ford, love the shit out of the Bronco and Raptor and wouldn’t trade them for anything else. Now onto Ford Customer Service to finish the claim I started and fight for some money and extended powertrain warranty. Again, thanks everyone for all your posts and sharing your experiences, I know I’m definitely not alone!

Bronco.PNG
@flip can you check that part number please, from the wording it seems clear this is not a new engine but a Remanufactured Engine.

@Leifvan if so, you need to fight for a free 10 year extended warranty. Also, check if the car warranty allows for use of Remanufactured parts?

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Bronco.PNG

Definitely calmly state your cause and reasons that you feel justified in compensation.

I am sorry your representative was unhelpful. One of my biggest complaints was that FordMoCo was not properly informing their service reps on the issues. I don't know what good it does to keep them in the dark. I shared news and articles with my rep so that she knew I wasn't being dramatic when I was explaining the problem. To her credit, she never gave up when I started asking harder questions and wanted to know more about their logistics and acquisition process. She made extra phone calls and she advocated for me.

I did state my complaints (simply and without fanfare) and why I felt justified in asking for my payments covered and an extended warranty.

I think having it in writing makes it a little easier for them to take it to their manager for approval.

She also struggled to get answers so I believe she brought her grievances into the picture to help me.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Bronco.PNG

Oh and that cursed one time use bolt.... It's out there. You should have given a yell here. It was our biggest hold up but I ended up with an extra.

So, if anyone else ends up with the same hold on an engine replacement -- HOLLER!

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip can you check that part number please, from the wording it seems clear this is not a new engine but a Remanufactured Engine.

@Leifvan if so, you need to fight for a free 10 year extended warranty. Also, check if the car warranty allows for use of Remanufactured parts?
Need to see the entire invoice because the engine p/n is not on that pic. All replacements should be remans which is really a misleading term. Most of the stuff is new but if one component is reused, it has to be called reman. New has not been available for a loooooong time for any engine or trans.

Leifvan

First Edition
First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Need to see the entire invoice because the engine p/n is not on that pic. All replacements should be remans which is really a misleading term. Most of the stuff is new but if one component is reused, it has to be called reman. New has not been available for a loooooong time for any engine or trans.

Sponsored

Arnold1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Catastrophic failure on my 2021 2.7L

engine# 211951
Mfd 08/2021
miles 2812.2

While driving approx 45mph loud ticking followed by grinding/ticking then engine died, engine wouldn’t start. Starter engages but engine won’t turn.

Happened 7/15/2022
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] B3.PNG
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] B3.PNG
Really sorry!! Is a shame, your Bronco looks really sharp. Hope they get it fixed quickly.

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch 2.7, Absolute Black
Your Bronco Model
Base

engine# 211951
Mfd 08/2021
miles 2812.2

While driving approx 45mph loud ticking followed by grinding/ticking then engine died, engine wouldn't start. Starter
engages but engine won't turn.
Happened 7/15/2022

@Ford Motor Company

3384F017-45A4-42E0-9E78-5DF41464B0CE.jpeg

8FC9211A-7DE6-4B7C-9405-9ADA594B8242.jpeg

86AAC6C0-A6DA-499C-B523-5562EB0F7168.jpeg

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base

engine# 211951
Mfd 08/2021
miles 2812.2

While driving approx 45mph loud ticking followed bygrinding/ticking then engine died, engine wouldn't start. Starter
engages but engine won't turn.
Happened 7/15/2022

@Ford Motor Company

8ED98ADE-0EE4-4542-9F0F-2420A6F8B022.jpeg

76667C5C-1F43-4EFE-8102-FFF37A4BA75C.jpeg

6094A68A-710F-498C-A9DA-6B8A45A20A05.jpeg

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Tim, I'm post #20 that was referenced with the ticking sound. Your issue sounds very similar to mine although my engine was a 12/21 build. Best bet is to take it into your dealer to be safe. You can even show them my service order if you'd like. They replaced my engine within 2 weeks time. And btw, it was replaced before it blew.
Hi have you had any issues since the engine was replaced?
Sponsored