Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tanks for the info, that's makes me feel better about the repair, attached is more pics of the invoice.

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 28C838ED-8847-4BFC-9CF0-3BAEFC41B29D

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 28C838ED-8847-4BFC-9CF0-3BAEFC41B29D

So the engine MB3Z-6006-L is a new long block less high pressure fuel pump. The old pump is either transferred from your old engine or if it's deemed bad, replaced with a new unit. Since I don't see a ML3Z- 9350-C charged out, I'd have to assume they just reused the old one. A new running complete is MB3Z-6007-A, and not available. There must be enough of a difference in the Bronco 2.7 long block and F150 where they aren't interchangeable and why they're using new assemblies. At some point they'll probably have reman short and long blocks in the system but does appear this is a new engine. If the suffix ends in RM, that indicates reman.

Leifvan

First Edition
First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So the engine MB3Z-6006-L is a new long block less high pressure fuel pump. The old pump is either transferred from your old engine or if it's deemed bad, replaced with a new unit. Since I don't see a ML3Z- 9350-C charged out, I'd have to assume they just reused the old one. A new running complete is MB3Z-6007-A, and not available. There must be enough of a difference in the Bronco 2.7 long block and F150 where they aren't interchangeable and why they're using new assemblies. At some point they'll probably have reman short and long blocks in the system but does appear this is a new engine. If the suffix ends in RM, that indicates reman.
Great, thanks for the info, appeciate the help!

sevenfab

First Edition
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My story, happened last November. Lost engine while driving up feeder to hwy.
Gullo ford replaced engine within 2.5 weeks but waited another 6 weeks for new 02 sensor. Bronco has a little over 15k miles now. So far so good. Gullo ford was great. Gave me a loaner f150, actually 2 because I was driving so much. Put over 4k miles on loaner vehicle ;).

Info:
- Julian 21174
- seq# 131021
- date Nov 2
- mileage 5272

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Update

Today two new events in opening post
- both in dropped valve ' Hot Zone '

line# 59) - 21174 - dropped valve cylinder #3, first event w Julian 174
line# 60) - 21195 - loud grinding, engine seized, first event w Julian 195

OP graphs updated

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] hist - Blown 2.7L Stats - 2022.July.18

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] bivariate - mileage vs ebd - 2022.July.18

Over 90% of dropped valve events range Julian 159 - 224
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Blown 2.7 ebds Hot Zone - 2022.July.18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Updates at NHTSA

Today two new reports w strange 2.7L engine electrical problems

Friday NHTSA posted this blown engine report
- line 58) in B6g list

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] NHTSA 11473926

Last edited:

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My story, happened last November. Lost engine while driving up feeder to hwy.
Gullo ford replaced engine within 2.5 weeks but waited another 6 weeks for new 02 sensor. Bronco has a little over 15k miles now. So far so good. Gullo ford was great. Gave me a loaner f150, actually 2 because I was driving so much. Put over 4k miles on loaner vehicle ;).

Info:
- Julian 21174
- seq# 131021
- date Nov 2
- mileage 5272
Same Julian and I'm at 5k miles. Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts.

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Since my employer sent everyone home at the start of the pandemic and quickly realized the cost savings of having a remote workforce I'm not putting on the freeway miles (70 round trip) where my AAA membership would cover me.

The only driving I want to do is off the beaten path where AAA won't cover me. So my Bronco sits in the garage. I'm at 1,400 miles after 8 months of ownership. I have a Garmin InReach Mini, of course. I really need to start putting miles on this thing. And yet...my JD is 21175.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Read the post I cited please.
I did read it. It says nothing about 2.7L engine failures and neither does the article. As far as I can tell you’re the only one inferring that.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did read it. It says nothing about 2.7L engine failures and neither does the article. As far as I can tell you’re the only one inferring that.
So you don’t think the manager who oversaw the production if the 2.7 EcoBoost Broncos would be responsible for the condition of the engines his plant was installing in our Broncos?

I know the difference between LEP and MAP. And I know where the 2.7 EcoBoost engine is built. I also know that an engine issue was identified by the plant manager at LEP. And MAP is downstream of LEP, and anything MAP uses to build a bronco is MAP’s responsible. Can you imagine the decision tree from the point a defective part was discovered?
Example: Who is responsible for building a house? The company that manufactured the nails or the general contractor who purchased the materials and built it? Do you think the LEP manager didn’t have a conversation with the MAP manager about defective valve concerns in the engines being shipped from Lima, Ohio to Wayne, Michigan? I would imagine it would go something like this.

MAP: Where are my 2.7 Bronco engines, I have 2500 Broncos to build this month and I don’t see any on the scheduled delivery list?
LEP: Hey I thought you knew we received out if spec valves for our supplier X, and I shut down the EcoBoost line and stacked the engines in storage until we figure out which valves are good and which are bad before we ship.
MAP: That sounds like your problem. Will the engines run long enough for us to get them out of our plant?
LEP: Yes but they could fail anytime between now and the end of 2022. My job is to produce quality engines that are built to spec.
MAP: We have had far too many delays due to computer chips that I cannot control, but I can control you, get those engines out the door now! (Slams down the phone receiver).

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch 2.7, Absolute Black
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone know if the replaced engine shows up on carfax reports?

Krazed

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
An e-bike
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only driving I want to do is off the beaten path where AAA won't cover me. So my Bronco sits in the garage. I'm at 1,400 miles after 8 months of ownership. I have a Garmin InReach Mini, of course. I really need to start putting miles on this thing. And yet...my JD is 21175.
I put almost 3k miles on my 21175 on a trip from Seattle to Johnson Valley & Bronco Knoll. Highly recommended. Now I'm up to 7500.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

posted yesterday at NHTSA

Steering Failure - Ford Denies Warranty Claim

" . . Despite the service department at the dealership saying they identified the malfunctioning part, Ford sent us away without approving a warranty repair—citing a policy that because the service personnel could not report a computer code for the part, Ford will not pay to fix it. . . "

- '21 Bronco - 2.7L, w Adv 4x4 - 4Dr
- bought April 2022
- also has GOAT Mode failures

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Steering Failure
Sponsored