First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I believe there was one case where the replacement motor blew too. But only one known so far.
I forget the user name of that guy but he is on here. The way I remember it sounding when I read his reply post, it sounded like a bearing issue as there was knock on startup.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like living on the edge. Can't wait for my order regardless.
My only worry is when I have my two daughters with me. Other than that- I used to drive my 74 FJ40 on 40/85 with drum brakes! I eventually swapped to disk brakes after crossing two lanes trying to stop after a stupid driver move. That was no fun!

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Re this new data-point yesterday -
- sure, it's disappointing to see a failure outside the earlier '2-months containment' range we were/are hoping
- but any engine will have occasional random failures, in addition to any known problem failures like 'bad valves'
- so this new data-point might be only a single random failure
- ? does it imply a budding new failure range ? - we don't know yet - it might be only an isolated random failure, nothing to do w the earlier failures
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] hist - 2.7L Engine Build-Dates - 2022.Jan.19

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Re this new data-point yesterday -
- sure, it's disappointing to see a failure outside the earlier '2-months containment' range we were/are hoping
- but any engine will have occasional random failures, in addition to any known problem failures like 'bad valves'
- so this new data-point might be only a single random failure
- ? does it imply a budding new failure range ? - we don't know yet - it might be only an isolated random failure, nothing to do w the earlier failures
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] hist - 2.7L Engine Build-Dates - 2022.Jan.19
We should make sure that @Lv429 verifies w/the service dept that it has had a dropped valve type failure similar to the others. I know the dealer said they couldn't get to it right away, so we may need to wait a bit. It sure sounds the same, so I would include it for now...can always remove it later, or include an asterisk

ScottTexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a 2021 Bronco OBX 2.7 that I took delivery 2.5 months ago and have 4K miles. I was driving only about 35-40 mph when all of a sudden I heard a click then white smoke poured out of my exhaust. It looked like I was driving a cloud for a few seconds. My dash said that I need to park it and start it up again. I was able to pull over into a parking lot, but it would start but would only sputter. I had to get Ford Roadside Assistance to tow my Bronco to the Dealer. They are supposed to look at it today

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 Bronco OBX 2.7 that I took delivery 2.5 months ago and have 4K miles. I was driving only about 35-40 mph when all of a sudden I heard a click then white smoke poured out of my exhaust. It looked like I was driving a cloud for a few seconds. My dash said that I need to park it and start it up again. I was able to pull over into a parking lot, but it would start but would only sputter. I had to get Ford Roadside Assistance to tow my Bronco to the Dealer. They are supposed to look at it today
That’s a huge bummer, I’m sorry. Before they take your truck and diagnose it, please make sure to take a picture of the sticker in your engine bay described in the first post of this thread. If this failure ends up to be a dropped valve like the others that info will be very helpful.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds like it could be the same thing. Keep us updated and get a pic of your engine serial tag if you can. @Lucchese looks like another one😪

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So sorry to hear! Keep us posted and here’s to hoping they can get you squared away quickly!

Sponsored

ScottTexas

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks! I just talked to the dealer and they said that they have it in the bay and it may take up to Monday to diagnose it. I can't believe it will take that long.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We all know new motors can and will have issues. So my question is- why are we not hearing of any 2.3’s blowing? If it’s normal for some to fail- I’ve only heard of ONE 2.3 blowing on B6G. There’s 28- soon to be 29- 2.7’s blown on B6G. I know there’s a difference in order numbers but an awful lot of 2.3’s have been delivered as stock units and unconstrained orders. So if a few blown motors is normal, why are we not having blown 2.3’s?

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Took me 6 days to get into a loaner because of availability. Still waiting on an ETA on the engine, parts availability date is all zeros so that's always good news. Have reached out to Ford and am awaiting a response on what my options are at this point.