Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This is my concern as well. I really wish they would've included Sport Mode on the First Edition. I love my Bronco but I'd love to feel the pedal in sport.
I've got an FE... try this hack: put it in Baja mode then switch to 2H... it switches to two-wheel mode and keeps essentially everything the same as sport mode. Seriously peppy.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've got an FE... try this hack: put it in Baja mode then switch to 2H... it switches to two-wheel mode and keeps essentially everything the same as sport mode. Seriously peppy.
Sport mode is more street/daily driver friendly than Baja mode. Baja is like sport mode on steroids. It is very entertaining, but sport mode is better for daily driving. I would recommend using Forscan to enable sport mode.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my concern as well. I really wish they would've included Sport Mode on the First Edition. I love my Bronco but I'd love to feel the pedal in sport.
I can't imagine that enabling sport mode would void a warranty. Especially considering the alternative of running Baja Mode in 2H. Baja mode is far more likely to stress the vehicle than Sport mode. If they tried to deny my warranty for using sport or baja mode, it would be a serious problem, because these modes are not hardware specific - they are software enabled by trim - but there are no mechanical differences between the drive lines between trim levels on any Bronco save the transfer case, final gearing, and rim/tire size. They all have the same engine and transmission. The OBX for instance comes with both the advanced 4x4 transfer and the standard transfer case - both still have sport mode - even with the 3.73 gears. They would have few, if any, grounds to void a warranty over using sport mode vs Baja mode.

Sponsored

Cruachan

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sport mode is more street/daily driver friendly than Baja mode. Baja is like sport mode on steroids. It is very entertaining, but sport mode is better for daily driving. I would recommend using Forscan to enable sport mode.
Probably wise ☝😉

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Totally agree! I tried Baja mode in 2H once on the street and that was enough. Ended up adding Sport via Forscan.

Desert Rider

First Edition
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1999 Super Duty, 1965 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm a 21214, motor died yesterday and left me stranded. Had just over 3K miles. Waiting on dealer for diagnosis.
Dealership service department confirmed valve issue and blown motor. Now begins the painful process and wait of an engine replacement. Hopefully I can negotiate an extended warranty or something else...

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jetta, 14 Chevy SS, 11 Ranger, 06 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hello,

My 21 two-door Wildtrack falls in the Julian build date (21180 = 6/29/21, Seq = 120358) for the valve issue. My engine now has a ticking sound and is louder at speed.

My family and I were about to book our date for the Bronco Roadeo in Austin this summer and then attend the Bronco Super Cel in September. I do not have confidence that we will make either.

Would greatly appreciate any help/advice.
Tim

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 21BroncoJulianInfo

Sponsored

brian626

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche Boxster S, 2022 Audi Q3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

SethPoeski

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel like the answer to this is incredibly simple - take it to your dealer immediately, inform them it's part of the production series that had bad valves in 2.7L engines, and have them take care of it.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Jetta, 14 Chevy SS, 11 Ranger, 06 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting. The posts were mixed between take it to your dealer vs. wait for it to blow. I did my oil change at 4k. I kept the filter and noticed more than acceptable metal in the filter valleys.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

you don't need your bronco to go to the Rodeo, you drive theirs. Unless you are referring you need your bronco to drive to the location. The Super Cel is a different story
Sponsored