Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I’m thinking about this and wanted to get some input. I called Ford today to try to get the engine production date on the Bronco (which is at a dealer 2 states away. The dealer didn’t know how to find the engine serial number or seem to want to do it). So the person at Ford basically gave me the blend date as the engine production date. I can tell the blend date from seeing the window sticker. Sooo, that wasn’t right.

In another thread I see warranty work doesn’t show up on carfax. That got me thinking. What if the engine in this Bronco failed and was replaced, even if the apparent build date of Oct 22nd is after the hotspots (This assumes an Oct 22 engine build date makes sense with blend date in the first week of November).

So I called Ford again. This person told me they couldn’t tell how to get my engine build date. Then they started reading a number that sounded like The engine serial number. They then said there was a note there stating that they are not allowed to give out the number they had started reading. They never gave me that number (and I said not to If it was going to potentially get them in trouble), but I think it was the engine serial number. They were able to give me the build date of Oct 22nd for the engine though.

Another thing, is that this person told me that the prior owner had one of the 100k mile extended warranties on the bronco. Sure someone can purchase that, but that’s also the one Ford seems to give out to the people who experience engine failures. Things that make you go hmmm.

So does a build date of Oct 22nd make sense for an early November blend date? If so, I should be able to look at the Julian date on the engine actually currently in the bronco. If it’s different than the Oct 22nd date, then I can tell it was an engine replacement, right?

Any other way to figure out if the engine was previously replaced?

On a side note, I am learning TONS of stuff going through this process.
Check with @flip
He can prob look it up for ya
Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks folks! I've been going through this thread. I'm up to page 50. There was someone who has a bronco with an early november build date (near to the date of the bronco I'm looking at) that has an engine build date in October right next to engine date of the bronco I'm looking at (Their engine was still fine at the time they posted). So I think it's reasonable that the dates on the Bronco I'm looking at (engine and actual build date) could make sense.

I'll look into trying to get more information though.

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update on Colt Blue:
Received a message from our CSR and told me all parts have been delivered to fix the bronco ( new engine, 2 new turbos and gaskets). They are waiting on the ford shop guy to give her a call with estimated started and finish date. As he either wasn’t there yesterday or very busy. I drove to check on colt blue (wasn’t gonna bother anyone about her but I noticed my driver side window was completely up and off track. I’m surprised the window didn’t break with it being shut that way. I had my spare key, so I turned the bronco on ( didn’t crank it) to get the window to work like it should. But when closing, it won’t roll down first then let me open the door completely. Finally, I was able to get the window back up like it was suppose to be and had to climb out the back and exit from the cargo area. Cause we had storms coming and I didn’t want water to get in and short anything out on the door or cause it to have a musky wet smell on the inside due to water pouring in. I went and told Jacob at customer service desk about it and I’m gonna have to remind them to check it once the new motor is in before I pick her up. Cause I sure don’t want to miss out on anymore time with her.. Has anyone else had issues with the windows or window not properly going down and raising back up once door is shut?

I had this same issue with my window and it required a reset by the dealer of the window controller. Seems to be another repetitive issue with the G6.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I found something with Julian 201. That falls in the ‘clear middle zone’ Lucchese mentioned earlier in the thread (graphs below). I know nobody really knows the answer whether it will be a good buy or not, but anyone have an idea of how that clear gap happened other than possible non reporting by people?

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 3F3A4FA1-A343-46AD-ACF7-4781227F51A6

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I found something with Julian 201. That falls in the ‘clear middle zone’ Lucchese mentioned earlier in the thread (graphs below). I know nobody really knows the answer whether it will be a good buy or not, but anyone have an idea of how that clear gap happened other than possible non reporting by people?

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 3F3A4FA1-A343-46AD-ACF7-4781227F51A6
There have been shutdowns at the Lima plant that may be a factor. If motors weren't built in that window, then they can't fail.

Sponsored

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There have been shutdowns at the Lima plant that may be a factor. If motors weren't built in that window, then they can't fail.
Mine falls in that window (196). I know there are others that have posted too.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So if I get a person to look on the engine ID label and it says a different plant than Lima I should be good or were all the Bronco engines made at that plant? The one I’m looking at was definitely made during that window.

Last edited:

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine falls in that window (196). I know there are others that have posted too.
Meaning that people have good engines so far or failed engines in that window?

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meaning that people have good engines so far or failed engines in that window?
Well mine is good so far. I’m at a year and 7K.

Don’t want to jinx myself, but 67 failures is a very very small number overall.

CA_Badlands

Badlands
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had this same issue with my window and it required a reset by the dealer of the window controller. Seems to be another repetitive issue with the G6.
My window issue has returned, back to the dealership for service for a 3rd time and off to the lemon lawyer's office.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What Julian number does hot zone 2 end with? Is it 224? If so, are engines 225, 226, etc.., the new valves? I guess what I am asking is, what Julian number did Ford start putting the new valves in?

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

21211 with 5504 miles and running perfect!

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What Julian number does hot zone 2 end with? Is it 224? If so, are engines 225, 226, etc.., the new valves? I guess what I am asking is, what Julian number did Ford start putting the new valves in?
My understanding is from about Julian 270 is when it was thought the new valves were put in since based on the data, there was a big gap between any reported engine (good or bad) between about 230 to 270 (production lapse).

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1668185431512

Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] 1668185593033

OB1SMOKEY1

Wildtrak
First Name
Raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 2021 Sasquatch Base model and have never had any trouble out of my bronco til 8/28 I was heading home and all the sudden I had 4 codes flashing on the display, truck lost power I couldn’t go over 5 miles per hour. Luckily, I was able to pull into a gas station parking lot about 3 miles from my house. The truck shut off, interior lights and headlights worked just fine. I tried to start the Bronco and it was not starting. I called my husband and son they came after me and looked at the Bronco . I had to call road side assistance took 4 hours for them to get to the bronco cause we waited on them. Get to the Ford dealership and got a call today saying the technician is pretty sure it’s engine failure. They said they would pull it back in the shop and double check it but he is sure it is engine failure. My Bronco only has 9,980 miles on it and has never gave me any trouble. My question is for people who have had their 2.7 engines replaced how long did it take to get the new and back up and running? I’m making payments on a truck I can’t use and I’ve had to borrow my nephews truck and he is needing it back as he purchased a new charger and wants to drive the truck I borrowed to work. I get that it’s his truck but that leaves me on foot. I still have a kid in school. How and what number do I use to reach out to ford over the bronco?
I have a 2022 Wildtrak w/3,384 miles on it. Was in slow traffic today and the truck started shaking and no codes popped up but it did tell me to put in park and restart then go to drive. I pulled over and did this and was able to drive home. Called dealer and I am taking it in the morning to be looked at. Hopefully it’s not this but if it is, it is out of my control.

OB1SMOKEY1

Wildtrak
First Name
Raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So no blown engines since Aug 5th?

Maybe a sign of hope?
I have a 2022 Wildtrak w/3,384 miles on it. Was in slow traffic today and the truck started shaking and no codes popped up but it did tell me to put in park and restart then go to drive. I pulled over and did this and was able to drive home. Called dealer and I am taking it in the morning to be looked at. Hopefully it’s not this but if it is, it is out of my control.
Sponsored