First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Build date was Dec 14, 2021. Currently has 3750.7 miles on it. That’s all.
And you’re not kidding. It’s warm out here! Thankfully my family has been picked up - it’s just me enduring the heat right now.
Maybe you get lucky and it just the fuel pump.... good luck
Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like to keep a little more fuel in the tank than you have right now.... it keeps the pump cooler in this Texas heat...

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Build date was Dec 14, 2021. Currently has 3750.7 miles on it. That’s all.
And you’re not kidding. It’s warm out here! Thankfully my family has been picked up - it’s just me enduring the heat right now.
Can you provide the Julian date for the engine build? See the first post on this thread to find the Julian date.

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford knows exactly what vins are affected.
Maybe I'm a fool, but I honestly believe that Ford doesn't know which individual Broncos have bad valves, only the range of VINs possibly affected (25K). If it's the valve retainers themselves and not the grooves in the valves, hell, they probably just dump boxes of them into a large bin and pick them out one by one during assembly. That would leave us with a mixture of good and bad, with no way of knowing which were used. I've never worked on an automotive engine assembly line, so this is simply speculation on my part...

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"...they probably just dump boxes of them into a large bin and pick them out one by one during assembly. That would leave us with a mixture of good and bad, with no way of knowing which were used."
The defective parts would follow a normal distribution no doubt.

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Current situation: Sat at the side of the road waiting to be towed. Engine has died and won’t turn over. Check engine light and battery light on dash.

No warning, cruising for the last 2+ hours at 75mph, getting ready to access the express lanes and lost power. Managed to pull over to the side of the road safely. Now waiting on 100°F temps 90-120 mins.

18B402D4-244F-482F-9523-905BEEEAC07F.jpeg

13589058-A209-45D7-B8E6-600C9F01AFDB.jpeg

76BB70CD-C36B-40EA-ABF6-E59D052035C7.jpeg
Did you make it home safe?

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe you get lucky and it just the fuel pump.... good luck
Tow truck driver said the same thing when he was putting it on the flatbed. Said that it sounded like it wasn’t getting any fuel. Maybe we get that lucky.

We’d been on the road for almost 2.5 hours already with the cruise control on, no problem at all.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did you make it home safe?
Yes, we did, thank you, about 5 hours later. Waited 3 hours for the tow truck and was then able to have it towed to the dealership we actually bought it from.

They were very apologetic and pulled a brand new Explorer around for me to use until the Bronco is fixed.

So far so good. Have to wait for the diagnosis. The service advisor tried starting it at the dealership and it just cranked and cranked and had to be shut off. No engine fire up at all.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can you provide the Julian date for the engine build? See the first post on this thread to find the Julian date.
I didn’t take a photo of it today, but I ‘think’ I might have taken one a while back. I’ll have to check through my photos.

I also want to say when I checked it didn’t appear to fall in the known range.

Sponsored

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like to keep a little more fuel in the tank than you have right now.... it keeps the pump cooler in this Texas heat...
Yeah, I hear you, we were coming back from vacation in Oklahoma. We were on the last 35 miles or so till home at the time.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy cow! 17.2 mpg!... please show me how.....I'm lucky to get 14
If you take it out of Baja mode you should see an improvement, :cool:
I didn’t take a photo of it today, but I ‘think’ I might have taken one a while back. I’ll have to check through my photos.

I also want to say when I checked it didn’t appear to fall in the known range.
Yeah, I was thinking yours was out of the danger zone too as mine has a build date of 21319 and I received mine two weeks after it was built in December 2021. My money is on a fuel pump issue, which should get you back on the road in no time.

Last edited:

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I was thinking yours was out of the danger zone too as mine has a build date of 21319 and I received mine two weeks after it was built in December 2021.
Fingers crossed, there was no loud noise, or shuddering at the time, just a loss of acceleration. No throttle response at all, so had to just coast to the side of the road.

At the dealership, the service advisor attempted to start it and the starter would crank but it wouldn't turn over. Hopefully they can look at it soon. They might find out exactly what it is as soon as the OBDII is attached - maybe an electrical gremlin, maybe a fuel pump issue, really not sure. There wasn't any oil under it when we got it on the tow truck, so hopefully that's a positive sign!