First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did you all see BN article how they were downplaying all this and trying to address the fact that it is a case now with the NHSA?

And they claim they don't work for Ford.
Yes, I thought it was good that Ford indirectly through BN has finally acknowledged something even if was a bit of a puffer
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
another RUD
To your comment about underplaying the significance of these RUDs...

For a long time the presumption was that ALL RUD owners were b6g members, so we were seeing the true extent of the problem...

So...whenever Joseph finds another NON-b6g RUD, the number of likely cursed 2.7s expands EXPONENTIALLY

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

thx posting BN article link - added in OP
- they actually link to this B6g thread - am surprised

12 July '22 - ' Should You Worry About the Bronco 2.7-Liter V-6 Investigation? '
- Bronco Nation, article
" Another Bronco blog has tabulated 55 claimed failures, mostly engines built between May and August 2021. "

Ahem . . . 58

( and today seeing more blown engine events to be added )

Last edited:

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

thx posting the BN article link - added in OP

BN actually links to this B6g thread - am surprised

12 July '22 - ' Should You Worry About the Bronco 2.7-Liter V-6 Investigation? '
- Bronco Nation, article
" Another Bronco blog has tabulated 55 claimed failures, mostly engines built between May and August 2021. "

Ahem . . Cough . . Cough . . . . . . 58

@Lucchese congratulations, you have forced Ford to acknowledge there is a problem though their mouthpiece, BN.

JPye

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Link to the BN article referenced above --- https://thebronconation.com/should-you-worry-about-the-bronco-2-7-liter-v-6-investigation/

Yes, they used my photo/IG profile. I had no idea until another Bronco owner shared it with me
Thanks for the link.
It was written in the ā€œSaccharinā€ tone for certain. The first tell that the writer was not going to admit FoMoCo has a problem was the phrase, ā€œā€œan alleged defect of the ā€˜valvesā€™. Then the deflection about other engines having issues that never resulted in a recall. I dunno who wrote this article but I think they need to work on their ā€œfair and balancedā€ unbiased approach.

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for the link.
It was written in the ā€œSaccharinā€ tone for certain. The first tell that the writer was not going to admit FoMoCo has a problem was the phrase, ā€œā€œan alleged defect of the ā€˜valvesā€™. Then the deflection about other engines having issues that never resulted in a recall. I dunno who wrote this article but I think they need to work on their ā€œfair and balancedā€ unbiased approach.
We're you under the mistaken impression you would get ā€œfair and balancedā€ from Ford's paid Bronco marketing partner, BN, run by Jackson Dawson Marketing?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
ā€œfair and balancedā€ from Ford's paid Bronco marketing partner
Their article did not use the word 'dumb-ass', but they pretty much said anyone buying a first-year vehicle pretty much got what they deserved.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thx posting the BN article link - added in OP

BN actually links to this B6g thread - am surprised

- Bronco Nation, article

Ahem . . Cough . . Cough . . . . . . 58

And they referred to this place as a Blog even though this forum has been around longer. :sneaky:
Did you all see BN article how they were downplaying all this and trying to address the fact that it is a case now with the NHSA?

And they claim they don't work for Ford.
BN=Ford propaganda division.
Yep. Oh did you catch in the same video that Esteban Plaza-Jennings has moved on as well? New Brand Manager TBD.
How will marketing Nation survive without all the video conferences with him in his Bronco being a billboard for Filson :LOL:

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

And they referred to this place as a Blog even though this forum has been around longer. :sneaky:

Yep. Oh did you catch in the same video that Esteban Plaza-Jennings has moved on as well? New Brand Manager TBD.
How will marketing Nation survive without all the video conferences with him in his Bronco being a billboard for Filson :LOL:
Wow, EPJ is out as well, no loss of course, who's next, Mike Levine? Or does ML get reassigned from Twitter to BN? :ROFLMAO:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow, EPJ is out as well, no loss of course, who's next, Mike Levine?
At this point I'd gladly trade a dozen+ Ford management types for one new service tech at my dealer.

Leifvan

First Edition
First Name
Leif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Julian date 211, 2167 miles on Bronco, motor stopped while 10 miles off road, not fun getting back to the pavement and then having it towed another 150 miles to home, $1300 ouch. I think mine is the first on this date, I canā€™t say for sure itā€™s a valve issue but sounds exactly like the rest of the 2.7 blown engine failures described on this post. Thanks, Lucchese and the rest of you on this post, I feel better about having to get the Bronco repaired knowing what many of you have already gone through. Iā€™ll update once I get it to a dealer and confirm the problem.

IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg
Finally got the Bronco back after 7 Ā½ weeks, replacement engine supposably on backorder for three weeks, but it has a Julian date of 22052 (Feb 21st), yeah, I know probably just a onetime use bolt that Ford couldnā€™t get. Frustrating it says Remanufactured Engine on the repair order, hope thatā€™s not true and just how they word it. Time to drive the shit out of the Bronco and put 2,000 miles a month on it rather than 2,000 in 6 months just to find out trying to keep your vehicles value up by keeping the miles lower, and then after thisā€¦ only makes me feel like the Bronco doesnā€™t have the same value anymore. I think the worst part of it all is there was no compassion from the Ford service department, never could answer any questions about the cause of the issue or would acknowledge Ford has a 2.7 motor problem, she just played stupid, I felt more like I was annoying her, and Iā€™m still loyal to Ford, love the shit out of the Bronco and Raptor and wouldnā€™t trade them for anything else. Now onto Ford Customer Service to finish the claim I started and fight for some money and extended powertrain warranty. Again, thanks everyone for all your posts and sharing your experiences, I know Iā€™m definitely not alone!

Bronco.PNG

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At this point I'd gladly trade a dozen+ Ford management types for one new service tech at my dealer.
Forgive me for over-generalizing the paraphrase, but President Lincoln once said something during the Civil War something to the effect: I would prefer to have 50 more mules to pull canons than to promote 50 more colonels to brigadier general! When I read your post it just seemed so similar! šŸ˜
Sponsored