First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco-14 VW Jetta-04 Honda Pilot-71 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@finkan13 - thanks for the update. I'm not sure what you mean when you want them to tear into the engine. The entire engine will be removed and you will receive an entirely new engine. When they worked on mine, they used a scope to explore. FMC wanted the engine intact and returned to them. My shop was told NOT to tear it down.

I know the situation absolutely sucks - many of us have been there - but trust your shop. They won't send you out with metal shavings and you will be back to 100%. Just gonna take some time. I'm on your side šŸ˜‰- I'm not keen on the way this valve issue has been handled, but your shop is your partner. The mechanics generally take pride in what they do.

I also had dreams of driving around with the top off the Bronco on my birthday and was denied that. Its really all I wanted to do to celebrate my day. But, nope. We did make jokes about having a picnic in the parking lot like tailgating šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: Called Ford customer care service Monday and was dispatched to a lady who was super sweet and cared about my concerns and in trying to help get me a loaner or rental. She put me on hold to call the dealer to talk to the service guy. She hopped back on the line and said she had to leave a message for them to call her back. She said she has worked with this dealership before and assigned me a case number along with her name and ext when I call. She said as soon as they call her back she was gonna to find out how long itā€™s gonna take to get my truck back up and running. So, Tuesday I received a call from the dealership telling me right now they know for sure itā€™s a bad vavle cause one of the spark plugs end had basically blew off and had metal shavings all up in there. Causing the engine failure. . I asked him did he ever call my case worker back and he said no. So I told him he needs to call her I gave him the number and her extension that she is expecting a call from them. Even told him I had the case number if he needs it , he said no Iā€™m sure I can print that out when I call her. That the technician was on the phone with ford to tell them what he has found so far. I asked have you tore into the whole engine yet and only found 1 and he said no we havenā€™t tore all the way in yet thatā€™s what they have so far. I told him tear into the whole engine and drop the oil pan and check for metal shavings in the oil. That I need my Bronco at 100% when I get the call itā€™s fixed not half way fixed and it end up going down on me again cause if I had been on the highway I would of got ran all over with losing power without a warning. So Iā€™m hoping my case worker calls today or tomorrow with a update cause she said she would be advocating for me and make sure it was fixed correctly and how long itā€™s gonna take them to fix it. Cause she said Iā€™m still covered under the bumper to bumper warranty that the dealership should of had me a loaner or rental to drive. I just hope I can get the extended warranty for all the stress and still paying for a truck I canā€™t use. Plus with a new engine the warranty should start over as day 1. So Iā€™m still waiting patiently. It just sucks cause my birthday is the 18th of this month and was gonna take a road trip with the top down and enjoy this nice cool weather we have in the south right now. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø Maybe next year
As @Math4Fun77 said, as soon as the dropped valve hits and blows the end of the spark plug, the solution is a brand spanking new engine, there is no need to spend time diagnosing the old engine.

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@finkan13 - thanks for the update. I'm not sure what you mean when you want them to tear into the engine. The entire engine will be removed and you will receive an entirely new engine. When they worked on mine, they used a scope to explore. FMC wanted the engine intact and returned to them. My shop was told NOT to tear it down.

I know the situation absolutely sucks - many of us have been there - but trust your shop. They won't send you out with metal shavings and you will be back to 100%. Just gonna take some time. I'm on your side šŸ˜‰- I'm not keen on the way this valve issue has been handled, but your shop is your partner. The mechanics generally take pride in what they do.

I also had dreams of driving around with the top off the Bronco on my birthday and was denied that. Its really all I wanted to do to celebrate my day. But, nope. We did make jokes about having a picnic in the parking lot like tailgating šŸ¤£šŸ¤£.
The service guy that called me about the blown spark said that they would have to tear into the engine more to see if that was the only problem. I replied back to him over the phone tear it all down if you need too, I just need my truck fixed and a new engine. So the warranty would start over as day 1. I guess I should had explained that better. I was trying to update and mom at the same time with the kids, I got one that is senior and trying to stay sane with everything going on šŸ˜¬. I thought when they had the blown spark plug bust and send metal shavings everywhere I thought he would tell me we gonna have to have a new engine put in not the response we gonna tear into it more. So when the lady working the case called this afternoon I told her what they me told me when they called.She said she talked to them after they called me and told her they were still diagnosing it. So she said she was gonna call the dealership back and ask to speak to the serviceman again and the technician that was on the phone with ford. Cause she wants to know what ford told the technician and what the technician told ford. That she is having to leave messages for the service guy to call her and she said he was dragging his feet about calling her back. She said if she didnā€™t get a call from him this afternoon or first thing in the morning that she is gonna ask to speak to the serviceman supervisor. That she has dealt with this dealership before and has several customers with vehicles there now too and she is having to leave messages with the secretary for the service guy to call her back. That she has never had to deal with that before. She said when she calls other dealerships they dispatch her straight back to the person she needs to speak too and didnā€™t understand why this dealership doesnā€™t do that. But one way or another she said she will call me with an update tomorrow. I thanked her for helping before the call ended. I couldnā€™t have asked for a better rep as she truly wants to help and cares.

So, birthday wise like @Math4Fun77 said we gonna have to tailgate for my birthday this year since I wonā€™t have the bronco. But Iā€™ll take that cause I know we still gonna have fun .

Last edited:
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Base Sasquatch 2.7, Absolute Black
Your Bronco Model
Base
šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

my 2.7 dropped a valve, got it back 8 weeks later with a new engine.

since delivery engine made unusual sounds.

8 days and 283miles later the service engine light started flashing and engine lost power. Managed to get home on a couple cylinders and had it towed back to the dealership.

Iā€™ve had possession of my 2021 bronco for only 7months and weā€™re headed into 2023.

had dreams of a top off summer but didnā€™t get a chance.

absolute nightmare.

49AC06BE-5630-476A-B1D3-88A7845103AC.jpeg

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They say the third engine is the charm...

Sucks that you are dealing with this.

Sponsored

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬šŸ¤¬

my 2.7 dropped a valve, got it back 8 weeks later with a new engine.

since delivery engine made unusual sounds.

8 days and 283miles later the service engine light started flashing and engine lost power. Managed to get home on a couple cylinders and had it towed back to the dealership.

Iā€™ve had possession of my 2021 bronco for only 7months and weā€™re headed into 2023.

had dreams of a top off summer but didnā€™t get a chance.

absolute nightmare.

49AC06BE-5630-476A-B1D3-88A7845103AC.jpeg

Oh man! I'd be pissed.

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update on Colt Blue:
Got a call this morning that Ford has authorized a new engine 2.7 and 2 new turbos for my bronco. Which was good news Atleast now we are heading in the right direction to get Colt Blue back up and going. Hopefully, ford ships the new engine and turbos in a timely manner and the shop can get it put in and up running soon. They also said they were working on getting a rental for me since it still covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. So here is my question: I know with the new engine it will be under warranty, Iā€™m still making payments on a bronco that canā€™t be driven right now. How should I go about asking ford to see about giving me the extended warranty for free for all the trouble and paying for a vehicle I canā€™t use . I paid this month payment and Iā€™m sure the bronco wonā€™t be back and running by Oct. 1st payment which I will make. I think this is a fair request seeing as Iā€™m without my new bronco. Do I ask my ford customer care agent or write a letter to ford about it? Iā€™m surprised a official recall hasnā€™t been issued. Iā€™m also signed up for the ford authority news letter and not one mention of the problems with bronco. It only had new ideas of new accessories available and date of the heritage bronco and now a temperature controlled hammock for it šŸ˜«šŸ˜–
Thank you to all of the members on here that have helped me get in touch with the right people to help get Colt Blue back up and running ( hopefully soon).

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update on Colt Blue:
Got a call this morning that Ford has authorized a new engine 2.7 and 2 new turbos for my bronco. Which was good news Atleast now we are heading in the right direction to get Colt Blue back up and going. Hopefully, ford ships the new engine and turbos in a timely manner and the shop can get it put in and up running soon. They also said they were working on getting a rental for me since it still covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. So here is my question: I know with the new engine it will be under warranty, Iā€™m still making payments on a bronco that canā€™t be driven right now. How should I go about asking ford to see about giving me the extended warranty for free for all the trouble and paying for a vehicle I canā€™t use . I paid this month payment and Iā€™m sure the bronco wonā€™t be back and running by Oct. 1st payment which I will make. I think this is a fair request seeing as Iā€™m without my new bronco. Do I ask my ford customer care agent or write a letter to ford about it? Iā€™m surprised a official recall hasnā€™t been issued. Iā€™m also signed up for the ford authority news letter and not one mention of the problems with bronco. It only had new ideas of new accessories available and date of the heritage bronco and now a temperature controlled hammock for it šŸ˜«šŸ˜–
Thank you to all of the members on here that have helped me get in touch with the right people to help get Colt Blue back up and running ( hopefully soon).

I do wish Ford was more upfront and transparent about the issues and how they are resolving them. I have personal theories but that's all they are at this point - my opinions.

At any rate, you will go through your CSR for any compensation. From what I have seen, they won't deal with those until the work on the vehicle is done and they won't say up front, "This is what we will do for you.". You will have to state your case, why you believe you deserve compensation and then they take it to their manager who will say yes or no. If they say no, you can ask again. But I would tread carefully. I think there was one owner that made demands that they wouldn't meet and he didn't compromise and ended up with nothing. Don't quote me on that.... It's been a long road. But there isn't a one size fits all compensation plan for this and things may change over time with FMC in what they are willing to do. Each case stands on it's own.

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I do wish Ford was more upfront and transparent about the issues and how they are resolving them. I have personal theories but that's all they are at this point - my opinions.

At any rate, you will go through your CSR for any compensation. From what I have seen, they won't deal with those until the work on the vehicle is done and they won't say up front, "This is what we will do for you.". You will have to state your case, why you believe you deserve compensation and then they take it to their manager who will say yes or no. If they say no, you can ask again. But I would tread carefully. I think there was one owner that made demands that they wouldn't meet and he didn't compromise and ended up with nothing. Don't quote me on that.... It's been a long road. But there isn't a one size fits all compensation plan for this and things may change over time with FMC in what they are willing to do. Each case stands on it's own.
Thank you. Iā€™m definitely going to tread lightly and when I do ask it will simply be just want to and not a demand . Cause I know demands usually donā€™t have very good outcomes. CSR has been great with communication with me about what the shop has told her and have worked with her on this problem. Which she did state she is dealing with them on several vehicles they have and she is the case worker on them too. In my opinion this lady needs a raise or extra vacation time. I couldnā€™t have asked for a better CSR. Fingers crossed ford can get the engine and turbos shipped and installed by the shop and hopefully no more problems will arise so I can enjoy Colt Blue.

Last edited:

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is #64 on the list a confirmed valve failure? If so, thatā€™s discouraging at nearly 10k miles.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally got by baby back ('21 bd 4d). Engine blew July 1 (yes, already on list of failures). Took about a week for shop to decide that engine was indeed dead and Ford approved replacement of long block. Engine arrived by the end of July. My orig julian date was 169, replacement 167, almost exactly one year apart. Dealer rep was worthless as far as communication goes. Had contacted Ford customer care and got case started. This enabled me to get loaner car. The lady (Candais) was excellent to deal with. When I couldn't get dealer to respond I would contact her and approx 10 minutes later I would have a phone call. The first dealer rep left and was replaced. The second was much better with communication and what I felt was honest answers. Finally went into shop on 8/18 and finished on 9/8. Everything so far seems to be fine. They drove it 40 miles to test her out and the only they had to fix was leaking tranny cooler lines. Not too bad for this major of a repair.

Math4Fun77

First Edition
First Name
Nate & Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Saw this one today, not sure if itā€™s a duplicate or not. But from initial findings it sounds like another blown ā€˜21 2.7

B5DBB2C9-86EE-4251-85F3-EF05606B3CA4.jpeg
AB9ECA4E-01D6-4D7E-80A1-73967ED56AFD.jpeg

This is a confirmed engine failure. She messaged me today. She said this is the 8th one for her shop.

finkan13

Base
First Name
Anna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 and F 250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update on Colt Blue:
Ford dealership finally issued me a loaner til my bronco is back up and running. 2022 Ford Explorer which I hope doesnā€™t have any issues. My case worker called today and said all the parts are ordered ( engine and 2 turbos) but some parts are on back order. They donā€™t know when the parts will become available but they have red flagged emergency on the parts so as soon as they became available the dealership will get them and get my bronco back up and running. Iā€™m concerned now cause Iā€™m paying for a bronco that I donā€™t know when it will get fixed and also paying insurance on it while it just sits. I am glad I was able to get a loaner til itā€™s fixed cause I have two kids, parents that are in bad health and trying to run a construction company and home inspection company with my husband. I had to fight with the dealership cause they werenā€™t gonna give me anything to drive til I explained my situation with the CSR. She said as long as you are covered under the bumper to bumper warranty they have to give you something from the lot to drive. So thank you Lord above for my CSR for getting me a loaner til itā€™s fixed. Iā€™m still discouraged that people have waited 2 years or longer (18 months for mine)on vehicle and it goes down still new and parts on back order. So we have to play the waiting game again. Iā€™ve read where one guy 2nd engine went down a few days after it being fixed another guy is on his 3rd engine. Ford had 8 years in the making to get this right. At some point there has to be a solution to all this.
Sponsored