First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You have to wonder does Ford do a Stop Build and figure out the Motor Issues? And yeh I hear anyone saying hell no but I have no issue having a stop sale on my vehicle. Versus buy it and she blows the motor. And I know a lot are saying its the June thru Oct builds but how do we know. Meaning all the November and December builds are barely in the market. Mine is a late December build and at the rate its going I wont have it till the end of the Month and then would be probably March before any decent miles are on her. Summing it up I don't think Ford has a handle on this yet.
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

F ‘em. Damn commies.
Apparently someone is “creating controversy” by saying looking at data is a good thing- not ranting and raving. You can’t make this stuff up.

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

1) Was the date range of failures updated based on the last few reports? Are we still looking at the same range or is that expanding? . . .
- w new info today we have all the recent engine build-dates, and 15 of the 25 engines listed in OP
- over past two-weeks the 'failure range' has expanded slightly as we increased the # of engine build-dates from 6, to now 15 - the range went from 57-days to now 66-days - still basically the same couple months

Failure Range . . current 21159 - 21224 . . (i.e. 08 June - 12 August)

- as examples multiply, it appears there prob is a defined 'failure range' of engine build-dates -
- and for sure, Ford knows this 'failure range' at least 10x better than we do in B6g

** At some point it seems Ford would have an obligation to contact the affected 2.7L owners w some kind of safety bulletin ? **

Last edited:

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you know how we have discovered some of the slimeball dealers still manage to maintain high google reviews, why? because they hire third party marketing companies to monitor and "resolve" problem reviews.

Do you know how Bronco Notion maintains such high forum standards? because Ford hired Jackson Dawson, one of Ford's Marketing partners, to create and run it, along with the Off-Roadeo.

1642019807487.png
I work in the IT Support industry, and it's pretty rare that any company actually manages/owns/responds to it's own webpage. It's better to have another company do that as then site security, maintenance, proofing etc is on them.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Ford 2.7 V6, or as I like to call it,

The Valve Dropper

that’s it….out…

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford 2.7 V6, or as I like to call it,

The Valve Dropper

that’s it….out…
LOL I mean who doesn't love a good VD :oops:

mdahan

Outer Banks
First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Maxima 2009- Maxi pad
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco 2.7L blown engine failure list . . 68 so far [Updated: December 13, 2022] Screenshot_20220112-192301_Chrome
Interesting little tidbit I saw while looking for statistical number to be considered a recall. If it's renabled.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

** At some point it seems that Ford would have an obligation to contact the affected 2.7L owners (i.e. engine build-dates in the 'failure range') w some kind of safety bulletin ?, or more ? **
Been thinking about this. Without knowing exactly which valves are bad, and which engine the bad valves went into, does Ford want to take the chance and money to reach out to the number of folks who have a 2.7 bronco from that engine date range and tell them we need to replace the valves, or engine? My opinion should be, um yes. But we don't know the costs involved with the repair of engines that potentially don't have any issues at all. I don't know if there's a way to run a scope where the sparkplug would be and do a visual check on the valves, or if there's any visual sign of failure being immanent or not. Hard to say. Do I want them to tell folks to bring them in? Yes. but I'm not Ford.

migsby_carmichael

First Edition
First Name
Migsby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is terrifying considering my engine build date was August 9th which seems to be in between dates of other engines that have failed. Not to mention I am planning on putting on 1600 miles this weekend for a road trip up north. So far at 3600 miles and no issues. 🤞

Sponsored