Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

25 years ago a writer for The Chicago Tribune wrote an article that was premised on what she would say if she were asked to give a commencement speech (it became know as "Wear Sunscreen"). One piece of advise was "Do one thing every day that scares you." Well, my daily "scares the bejeezus out of me" thing is reading this thread. My Black Diamond with that infamous 6 cylinder motor is slated to be built in February. Freddy Krueger ain't got sheet on this thread. I'm hoping I won't have to watch Ford's upcoming theatrical release "I know what you did (or didn't do correctly) last February."

Bronco Don

Black Diamond
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just wonder if premium fuel my have a issue. They said premium would give more horsepower, maybe it changes valve timing and BOOM!!!!,I have been using regular fuel 87 octane,

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just wonder if premium fuel my have a issue. They said premium would give more horsepower, maybe it changes valve timing and BOOM!!!!,I have been using regular fuel 87 octane,
I’ve had nothing but 87 in mine so far

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would anyone be worried about putting a tow load on this engine if you were me considering I’m 21195 ‘clear Vin’ range? I’m not running long distances and not any time soon, just more curious what you 🤔

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If this isn’t an issue and is just “normal” manufacturing error then why don’t we have a similar list for the 2.3L?
hey hey hey, don’t bring my shiny new 2.3L into this 😬

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would anyone be worried about putting a tow load on this engine if you were me considering I’m 21195 ‘clear Vin’ range? I’m not running long distances and not any time soon, just more curious what you 🤔
Mine's in the suspect build date, towed a trailer on an 800 mile trip using 91 octane and some 87 octane through mountain roads and rocky trails, it had 1,500 miles when I started and now I'm around 4K. Took the same trip with the same trailer in a V8 4runner and it struggled on uphill climbs and maintaining 80+mph on the interstate (transmission shift points have always been trash in those models), but I hardly noticed the trailer with the Bronco. It's definitely a good combo, failure statistics notwithstanding.

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use nothing but 93 octane in mine 1950 miles so far so good.

Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use nothing but 93 octane in mine 1950 miles so far so good.
Me too. Nothing but the best for my baby…about to hit 1000 miles this week. Motor is day 319.

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
- yeah we need more data, was hopeful when @Bubbabow responded, and thought maybe he would share last-8 of VIN so flip can lookup in OASIS
- at least ToddG posted his info last week
- seems some of the others not even logging-in for awhile
- if people see blown 2.7's at dealer service it'd be great to at least get 5-digit engine build-date just by visual look if possible, or maybe from other fora like BN and so forth
- I bet flip can see hundreds in the Ford Service Technicians Forum but that's prob asking too much
- we need more data

Man, what a drag - can't remember if you're talking w Ford Customer Service already. They can escalate priority, give better communication, get things moving, and so forth. @International_George has good experience w them - and check-out thread @69 Mach I - lots of great advice. And great advice @Bmadda work experience in Ford dealer service depts. - & in opening post see :
If Your Engine Fails - dealer service of course - also :
- good to call Ford Customer Svc - expedite repair, communication, cover rental
- good to send VIN & full name to @Ford Motor Company here in B6g [by direct message (DM), i.e. 'Conversation']

- lol . . you wonder . . for sure they have lots of these 2.7 blown engines in their Service Technicians Forum, at least 10x what we have in B6g
- you would assume the mechanics are recording all the engine ser#'s - you would assume Ford is gathering all the engine data-points
- you would assume Ford is crunching all the data - making spreadsheets & graphs
- but if they aren't, would we be that surprised ? . . lol
Here is my Vin. Please let me know what you
- yeah we need more data, was hopeful when @Bubbabow responded, and thought maybe he would share last-8 of VIN so flip can lookup in OASIS
- at least ToddG posted his info last week
- seems some of the others not even logging-in for awhile
- if people see blown 2.7's at dealer service it'd be great to at least get 5-digit engine build-date just by visual look if possible, or maybe from other fora like BN and so forth
- I bet flip can see hundreds in the Ford Service Technicians Forum but that's prob asking too much
- we need more data

Man, what a drag - can't remember if you're talking w Ford Customer Service already. They can escalate priority, give better communication, get things moving, and so forth. @International_George has good experience w them - and check-out thread @69 Mach I - lots of great advice. And great advice @Bmadda work experience in Ford dealer service depts. - & in opening post see :
If Your Engine Fails - dealer service of course - also :
- good to call Ford Customer Svc - expedite repair, communication, cover rental
- good to send VIN & full name to @Ford Motor Company here in B6g [by direct message (DM), i.e. 'Conversation']

- lol . . you wonder . . for sure they have lots of these 2.7 blown engines in their Service Technicians Forum, at least 10x what we have in B6g
- you would assume the mechanics are recording all the engine ser#'s - you would assume Ford is gathering all the engine data-points
- you would assume Ford is crunching all the data - making spreadsheets & graphs
- but if they aren't, would we be that surprised ? . . lol
Here is my last eight vin please let me know what you find out about the old engine number the new one so far good. Last 8 numbers are: MLA87887 Bubbabow.

Bubbabow

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In case this got mixed with your request post here it is again last eight- MLA87887
More info contrary to some of the others experiences Ford was great no questions got almost new rental car right away they paid the bill, Got new engine in about 30 days. Park Ford put their top guy on it and he treated it as if it were his. In some ways this worked out great I got a new block engine not put in vehicle on assembly line but an individual put it in. including new lines, new turbos etc etc. New Engine number 275 end of Sept date. So no complaints from my experience.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yeah we need more data
Joseph, I'm not on top of this the way you are....but do you read anything into the number of initial failure reports seeming to slow in 2022 (5 so far). With increased deliveries and usage, I'd expect the pace to be increasing?

OP
OP
Lucchese

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Joseph, I'm not on top of this the way you are....but do you read anything into the number of initial failure reports seeming to slow in 2022 (5 so far). With increased deliveries and usage, I'd expect the pace to be increasing?
- slow ? - I thot it was more hectic lately . . lolol
- when this thread opened, at first we were getting event reports from weeks earlier, just catching-up w history, so maybe it seemed faster at first, but lately seems hectic to me
- if it's all just a 'bad batch of brittle valves', they should eventually work thru the system, then problems would eventually subside I'd expect, but the recent talk of 2.7 're-design' sounds different problems ?
Sponsored