Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice.

So we got hard to reach oil filters on the 2.3L and plastic composite components on the 2.7L.

I think the plastic has been around for awhile at this point… so I’m sure they’ve gotten all of the kinks out and it’s more or less fine. But I sure would feel more comfortable if it was metal.

Last edited:

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice.

So we got hard to reach oil filters on the 2.3L and plastic composite components on the 2.7L.

I think the plastic has been around for awhile at this point… so I’m sure they’ve gotten all of the kinks out and it’s more or less fine. But I sure would feel more comfortable of it was metal.
I'm just glad my oil filter will be on top! 🥳

Sponsored

termin8

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That was a good video, and would also take my time as the presenter did, but if going to your dealer, do you think they will wait the time for all the oil to drain out, put only 6 quarts back in, replace those 3 nasty o-rings and replace all the bolts holding that cover plate back on underneath ??

OP
OP
evilletruck

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does doing your own oil change void any of your warranty?
No, but you need to keep your receipts to be able to show that they were done. just in case they try saying what ever warranty work is related to you not changing your oil at recommended intervals.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, but you need to keep your receipts to be able to show that they were done. just in case they try saying what ever warranty work is related to you not changing your oil at recommended intervals.
So what's the point?

Sponsored
OP
OP
evilletruck

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So what's the point?
To have clean oil? If you go to anyone else for an oil change, you will need to keep the receipts as well for the same reason.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To have clean oil? If you go to anyone else for an oil change, you will need to keep the receipts as well for the same reason.
Every 1000 miles per the owners manual, right? 😂

Or you could take it to the dealership and never worry about keeping track of receipts and having a customer folder in case of warranty issue.

OP
OP
evilletruck

evilletruck

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Every 1000 miles per the owners manual, right? 😂

Or you could take it to the dealership and never worry about keeping track of receipts and having a customer folder in case of warranty issue.
Only did it after 1,000 for break in, wasn't called for in manual but old habits and all. but I did say I would normally do it every 5k per the manual. I still keep receipts even if the dealer does it. Things have a magical way of disappearing if they are left to other people to look after.

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you go get your oil changed right now you'll have an engine overfilled by 1 quart because all the materials are calling for 7 quarts. Do it yourself until Ford sorts out this misprint mess.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Great video thank you. Did you check the oil level after running it? Did it drop significantly ( like a whole quart??LOL)? It always pains me to see a metal tool used for o-rings. LOL. I'm sure these seals aren't too particular about it. Plus it's a double o-ring design so that should help if the sealing surface gets scratched.
Sponsored