Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Would the "hack" to get it in sport mode (switch to baja, then to 2H), possibly make it faster? Not sure you dudes tried that.
I'm no rocket scientist, but if the 2.7 with sasquatch gets this time, wouldn't the stock suspension and stock tires with the 2.7 and auto be faster?
I'm still waiting for some real world user to confirm that "hack" is possible beyond saying they can do it on their raptor... ;) hint hint
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What were these people smoking?
Screen Shot 2021-06-26 at 3.04.31 PM.png
LOL, come at me bro! I will start with acknowledging that 8.xx second 0-60 is sad and weak.

Let's start with the fact that a First Edition 4 door probably weighs between 5200 and 5300 lbs. That's a porker. Additionally, What was the ambient temperature (in Texas - 90+ degree heat is going to have a significant impact on performance). That First Edition is also attempting to accelerate wheels and tires that are roughly 100# per corner. That's a huge factor.

My 2 door Outer Banks is going to be under 4600#, but that's before I pull off another 50# of spare tire, another 50# of roof, and another 120# of doors. So call it 4400# (800-900# lighter for a 0-60 run. The rims and tires are around 60# per corner - a decrease of 40% in rotational mass - which is kinda a big deal. Just those changes alone are easily worth a second off (if not two) of the 0-60 time.

Still something seems amiss, the Bronco should easily make it into the six second 0-60 times. BTW, all I was smoking this morning was disappointment and parmesean cheese I found on the floor!

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it at all entirely possible that the cars the reviewers were already broken in due to them being used at the off-rodeo and this person's car being brand new had this mysterious detune? Is that a thing? I have no idea.

kre62

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If the bonco is nerfed due to going cheap on the trans (ranger trans can handle more torque), then Ford officially blew it. This was looking like a grand slam and I was wondering what they would screw up, and this may be it. Its like, how dumb can you be to go with a weaker trans and then have to nerf the output? If this is the case, its like, can any dumbass corporation use their damn heads for once? Seriously this may be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. All they had to do was spend $100 more per car to go with the beefier trans and let the ponies roar. So stupid.

Sponsored

Auto Paint

Outer Banks
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Expedition Platinum 2020 Volvo XC60 T6R
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As if Ford couldn't fuck this launch up anymore.

Now the Bronco with the biggest engine is slower than the typical minivan.

JFC

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So where are the 0-60 vids with fast times for all those talking sh*t to the OP? I for one appreciate the real world info he is sharing both good and bad so I can make an educated decision.

Many of us hoped for the simplicity and reliability of a naturally aspirated engine, but were told the fast and efficiency of the Ecoboost engine will be far superior......so proof is in the pudding. So far it's looking slow and guzzling fuel just like a good ole naturally aspirated engine. What was the reason for the ecoboost again?

Here is a link to a 2.3 manual badlands with a run in the 8s.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-0-60-time-is-surprisingly-chirpy-164252.html

Please post any additional videos/data points so we can compare real world performance.

MrOzMan

Wildtrak
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Exactly, they went quiet after promising it’s all fake - or the guy didn’t know how to mash an accelerator pedal on an automatic.
It’s not going to make me cancel my order, but I would like a real world consistent low 6 second run, with enough torque to chirp the tires (even with the 35s).

So where are the 0-60 vids with fast times for all those talking sh*t to the OP? I for one appreciate the real world info he is sharing both good and bad so I can make an educated decision.

Many of us hoped for the simplicity and reliability of a naturally aspirated engine, but were told the fast and efficiency of the Ecoboost engine will be far superior......so proof is in the pudding. So far it's looking slow and guzzling fuel just like a good ole naturally aspirated engine. What was the reason for the ecoboost again?

Here is a link to a 2.3 manual badlands with a run in the 8s.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/...-0-60-time-is-surprisingly-chirpy-164252.html

Please post any additional videos/data points so we can compare real world performance.

Sponsored

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m really confused what you all thought a 2.5 ton+ brick on 35 inch/100 lb. wheels and tires would do from 0-60. I bet putting it in 4A would be the best bet for launch. The Bronco will be fairly quick but not from a dig with Sas.

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Maybe it’s restricted until 500 miles???
That's what I thought too. I read somewhere that these newer vehicles are restricted for the first 500-1000 miles performance wise until the break-in period is met.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m really confused what you all thought a 2.5 ton+ brick on 35 inch/100 lb. wheels and tires would do from 0-60. I bet putting it in 4A would be the best bet for launch. The Bronco will be fairly quick but not from a dig with Sas.
… Did you just use the word “launch” and “Bronco with Sasquatch” in the same sentence??? 🤣

Although I hope the Bronco has some good speed to it, I’m also not expecting it to be a Trackhawk or anything like that.

Launch control not required :)

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't speak for the group but I was hoping for wheelies! Something doesn't add up because being a brick is irrelevant for a 0-60 run and the F150 can do this in 6 seconds. Same engine, similar weight, and the Bronco does have heavier and taller tires but it also has 4.7 gears versus the F150's 3.73 gears which should give a huge jump off the line. I suppose we need somebody to do a test with the smaller/lighter tires to see what's going on here.

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Two seconds easy
Sponsored