First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
An acceleration test from dead stop to the low end of freeway speeds does not tell you how it's going to do at said freeway speeds. This isn't rocket science here. Like @Geekytrails said:
Unfortunately, the way the dumbass engineers have the on ramps set up here in Indiana it matters. You have to yield (complete stop most of the time) to the exiting freeway traffic in order to merge on.
Sponsored

Reactions: OX1

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Umm it’s been a while since I’ve owned a brand new vehicle but shouldn’t you break it in a little before pushing it like this?

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's a turbo... You gotta brake boost that shit, son...
There was an obvious, at least mild brake boost, @ 1-2 seconds. You can see brakes hit and body load up (suspension) pretty easy.

If this turns out to be even kinda close, you know know why many of us wanted an 8, throttle response. Yes, the 8 may have been even a little slower than this, but the "no reason for a V-8 crowd" ALWAYS ignore the tractability fact.

And yes, turbo lag is low enough these days that 97% of people probably will not care, doesn't eliminate the other 3% who wanted it for more than just sound.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Umm it’s been a while since I’ve owned a brand new vehicle but shouldn’t you break it in a little before pushing it like this?
For what? If something is defective from the factory I want to expose it and get it fixed as soon as possible. Babying a new vehicle is dumb. Doing some 0-60 runs isn't hurting it at all.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know nothing about tuning or modding cars. What’s a tune typically cost? $100, $1000? I was reading about a new air intake mod and exhaust upgrade but the comments also recommended a tune. I have no idea how expensive something like a tune would run.
https://www.morepowertuning.com/18-20-2.7-ecoboost-x4

Don't have a lot of time to explain right now, but here's a link of what I'll probably go with. Don't fool with intakes and exhaust unless you want the noise. Waist of money for power. $475 for a tuner with a dyno built tune for your speficic application. I can elaborate later, but I'm sure others will jump in to assist.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

um, what? I drive a 2011 Ford Econoline for work and I have to floor it to get it up to 65 merging onto a 75 mph highway. I own a 2019 Challenger scat pack, I can hit 100+ in that distance with ease. The van is not more fun.
What I mean is it’s more fun to flog a smaller underpowered vehicle on a curvy back road where you can use all 185 horse puppies and not die. Then it is to lug a high strung 8.5k redline, manual heavy clutch, in stop n go, 1st - 2nd gear crawl beach traffic, sports car.

So who was having more fun the guy stuck in traffic or the guy beating the piss out of the econo-box?

If both experiences were happening at the same time.

The guy in the crap-can was having more fun. Except the guy in the guy in the sports car was getting road head from his 25yo mistress.
Ford Bronco 2.7L Bronco First Edition 0-60 MPH VIDEO!! 1624799727662

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
you have to make sure your using a full tank of premium fuel. regular gas dont count. remember with regular fuel and a ecoboost engine you loose 10-20 hp and 10-20 torque. plus was the vehicle in the right mode? was it on dry pavement?

8 sec cant be right, my 2018 awd ford flex with the 3.5 ecoboost can do in the 6 sec range for 0-60 and my flex is a heavy rolling brick like the bronco. my 3.5 engine has 365 hp, but less torque then the 2.7 bronco. bronco believe has 400 torque if your using premium fuel. my flex 365 torque.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yea something is up. As others have stated they are getting times with other "heavy brick" cars. This guy seemed to be babying it. Does he want people to buy performance parts from him :unsure:

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what? If something is defective from the factory I want to expose it and get it fixed as soon as possible. Babying a new vehicle is dumb. Doing some 0-60 runs isn't hurting it at all.
I bought a new motorcycle once and was told to keep the revs down for the first 500 miles. I seriously don’t know protocol for new vehicles but it seems like it’s a thing.

Ford Bronco 2.7L Bronco First Edition 0-60 MPH VIDEO!! 0F0A1A4A-AF39-4D49-931C-12E85749EF93

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I bought a new motorcycle once and was told to keep the revs down for the first 500 miles. I seriously don’t know protocol for new vehicles but it seems like it’s a thing.
I build, tear down, and inspect engines for a living and as a hobby. engine break-in is a myth. Once it's up to operating temp. Drive it how you want to drive it. The engine is dyno tested at the assembly plant harder than 99.999% of people will ever drive it. It's "broken in" before the customer takes delivery

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I build, tear down, and inspect engines for a living and as a hobby. engine break-in is a myth. Once it's up to operating temp. Drive it how you want to drive it. The engine is dyno tested at the assembly plant harder than 99.999% of people will ever drive it. It's "broken in" before the customer takes delivery
Well now from the person who just posted about their new Bronco says this...

“As far as 0-60 mph, drive mode characteristics, or other drivability questions, I am going to wait until the break in period is over. (1000 miles). I’m almost certain the Bronco is detuned from the factory until the break in period is complete to protect the drivetrain. My mustang was that way and I could feel it once the break in period was complete.”

So now I don’t know what to believe but that would explain the bad 0 to 60 from this Bronco 🤷‍♂️

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“As far as 0-60 mph, drive mode characteristics, or other drivability questions, I am going to wait until the break in period is over. (1000 miles). I’m almost certain the Bronco is detuned from the factory until the break in period is complete to protect the drivetrain. My mustang was that way and I could feel it once the break in period was complete.”

So now I don’t know what to believe but that would explain the bad 0 to 60 from this Bronco 🤷‍♂️
I’m sure it’s to do with the break-in period or maybe the fuel; you’re not going to get top performance from regular gas. We need this done after 1,000 miles and mid-premium fuel for a true reading (IMO).

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've seen a few responses mention that they will be incorporating a tune to combat the OEM performance... IMHO, needing to do that right out of the gate because a vehicle didn't meet ones expectations is FUBAR!

One of the reasons I chose this vehicle was due to the projected HP/TQ figures in this type of application. I understand that there are several variables that can effect performance for a particular vehicle, but performance figures can provide useful information on how the vehicle may perform under certain conditions... I want to see how well this vehicle can handle a steep incline and traverse over certain obstacles versus the competition. My issue with several other off-road capable vehicles is that I felt they would sometimes struggle through certain inclines and obstacles and would be great if they had just a little bit more oomph to combat both the obstacle and the vehicle's own weight.

My guess is that the 2.7 liter EB on 35's puts it on par with a V6 Rubicon on 35's... seems like the Bronco is quite a bit heavier than a Wrangler and the extra power is needed to combat the extra heft???

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

And I can't wait to get mine and get some data to disprove those myths.
Sponsored