Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So, when were the dates and info for Austin put out? I registered and didn’t hear anything back, just like my dealer….
Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't think the point is to have people running the vehicles hard. I think it's more to demonstrate how to operate the vehicle and the features, as well as to build confidence in people who are new to off roading.
I get that, which is why I phrased my reply the way I did. But as others pointed out, I would hope they could allow people with more experience, a little more challenge.
But if not, this is the reason why I want to do the MOAB one. For me, the landscapes of Moab would satisfy me.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's great to see the Broncos running out there! It looks like a great place for people to get their toes wet driving off-road and finding that the Bronco is so much more capable than a CUV.

One thing to note is that the environment they have there could easily be run by a base Bronco. Throwing sasquatch equipped vehicles at that difficulty level is like pistol whipping a blind kid.

After watching that video, I will hold off on making a reservation to see if one of the other locations offers a little more challenging environment.

Please note that i'm an absolute novice at off-road driving, having only a few days of seat time with a Rubicon in Canyonlands NP and a few hours in the more challenging environment of Moab*. Even to these untrained eyes, the environment they made for the Rodeo is a piece of cake for those rigs!

Colorado river overlook.jpg

*Press embargo is still on for disseminating any information/feedback from driving the Bronco at Moab event.
Ahh, The old Pistol Whipping A Blind Kid difficulty level. LOL!
Always a safe bet in the “See something, Say Something” arena.
I agree, I’m hoping some courses are a little more challenging.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that, which is why I phrased my reply the way I did. But as others pointed out, I would hope they could allow people with more experience, a little more challenge.
But if not, this is the reason why I want to do the MOAB one. For me, the landscapes of Moab would satisfy me.
I'll go Moab since it's just a couple of hours from here. It would be pretty awesome to run across you there. I always get a kick out of your posts. :)

ETA: I used to have a place a few miles away from the TX location. That's about the size of the terrain there. I would run my Jeep up and down around my farm, but there wasn't anything really challenging about the hill country, other than getting pin striping from cedar trees.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Very cool. I can't wait for the MOAB registration to open up.

Sponsored

530Squatch

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 HD Silverado Duramax Turbo Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Chase Gentry great video! Best one of the plethora of Off Roadeo smattering I've seen posted to date.

MUDLVR

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sweet! Now I know what to expect when I head down to Austin July 1-3. How was the resort?

John Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500/ Jeep Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the point is to have people running the vehicles hard. I think it's more to demonstrate how to operate the vehicle and the features, as well as to build confidence in people who are new to off roading. I didn't get to go rock crawling on my test drive of a JK Rubicon, either. We took it on some mild off camber stuff so I could learn about the features of the vehicle. They didn't have me handling high explosives on day 2 of basic training, by the same token.

If you already know this stuff and you're already an expert, it's probably not for you. That said, I'm getting it for free. I get to drive a Bronco for a couple of days in Moab when it's open, and someone is going to show me the features of the vehicle. Really, getting a chance to decide what I like and what I don't like in a proctored environment is worth it to me.

I usually don't complain about free stuff, though. In this case, Ford/Bronco Nation/someone is going to a lot of expense to let me drive around for free.

That said, if this gets more people into off roading and learning about it, getting involved in trail conservation and joining in with groups, it's a good thing. In enough parts of the country, there's little old woman committees that are striving to get us banned. More people getting into offloading is better. It was a kind of annual event with the forest rangers letting us know the ladies of Mercer Island were banding together to ban off roading in the national forest again.

When I did the SRT track experience several years back, we didn't run the vehicles as hard as they could go on the track. I took the time to learn tips from the professional drivers and waited until I was out on the expressway to get that thing up to 168 MPH. :)
(Edit: @Chase Gentry meant to include you earlier)

Appreciate that Perspective and you sharing.

There are ton of people on the forum who seem to think that this vehicle is magical and the offrodeo will have them driving like Shannon Campbell in a day or two.

I think there is great value in this video.

It lets people know what to expect.

If you’re new to off-roading and what you see excites you, sign up and go have a blast.

If you’ve been wheeling for years, you’re going to be very disappointed.

In all honesty, You could drive around on the access roads of most off-road parks and get a very similar experience A LOT cheaper. But that doesn’t seem to be the point of the rodeos.

Being that the trails are so base level, I’d think Moab would be the only real option since you’re getting insane scenery in a nIce vehicle.

Last edited:

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow, the black(don’t think it was AMB) basesquatch looks amazing.

Sponsored

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some of the broncos looked a bit tippy in some of those shots. Hopefully that’s not the case

Bronco Billy Boy

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh. Glad I didn't sign up. It's follow the leader....doesn't look very interesting to me. I wish there was some of the inside the cabin info, like what are they learning about the various GOAT modes?
I’ve seen this said a few times so allow me to correct the record. There are times when you bunch together and stop to let everyone catch up. These are the opportunities to look around and take a pic, so you have seen these. What you can’t see until you do It yourself is that the best parts are when you have both hands on the wheel and picking a line. You won’t be able to take a pic of that. There was a guy from Ford taking pics (and video?) and I’m eager to see those.
We learned more about the lockers, trail turn assist, and swaybardisco because we used them often.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve seen this said a few times so allow me to correct the record. There are times when you bunch together and stop to let everyone catch up. These are the opportunities to look around and take a pic, so you have seen these. What you can’t see until you do It yourself is that the best parts are when you have both hands on the wheel and picking a line. You won’t be able to take a pic of that. There was a guy from Ford taking pics (and video?) and I’m eager to see those.
We learned more about the lockers, trail turn assist, and swaybardisco because we used them often.
Yeah, I admit that as I've watched all of the videos now from the media circus, it does look a little more appealing than I had first thought. And I could certainly learn a lot of tricks. Still the only off-roading I'll do is across a cornfield and out in Prairie Dog pastures LOL. So if I can get out a mud I'm good.

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ahh, The old Pistol Whipping A Blind Kid difficulty level. LOL!
Always a safe bet in the “See something, Say Something” arena.
I agree, I’m hoping some courses are a little more challenging.
There were 3 or 4 spots that definitely made think, "Seriously?"
I have been through Moab off Roading. This Texas course is not as difficult as the MOST severe Moab courses for sure, but its no cake walk in some places. You get your money's worth.

20210801_104224.jpg

Squatch51

Wildtrak
First Name
Gino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I admit that as I've watched all of the videos now from the media circus, it does look a little more appealing than I had first thought. And I could certainly learn a lot of tricks. Still the only off-roading I'll do is across a cornfield and out in Prairie Dog pastures LOL. So if I can get out a mud I'm good.
They intentionally bury you and put you in some bad spots on purpose just so they can train/teach you what to do. It's amazing, really, what this beast can get out of. I was blown away several times and constantly impressed.
Sponsored