Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great report- sounds like an awesome day!

I agree about the Sport, I'm guilty of writing it off but I saw a pic of the yellow Badlands (maybe the same one you rode in) and it looked really good. Trying to get my wife in one so we have both in the yard to play with.
Im glad Ford created a line of Broncos for everyones’ wants and needs!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Afro

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve seen reviews of the 2.3L and the 2.7L on the bronco from this event, but only the 2.0L on the sport. Did they not have the 1.5L sport there to ride in? The 1.5L will be the volume engine on the sport since it’s the only engine available on 3 of the 4 trims. I’m curious to see if it’s reviews are similar.
They did not. They probably wanted to show the top-trim levels esp with the offroad capabilities and i believe the 2.0 comes standard on those.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the write up! This kind of review is really what makes me want to find a way to squeeze the 2.7 into my budget lol

Side note, it seems the Bronco Sport is going to surprise a ton of people. Like the OP I was guilty of writing it off, but this review and some of the footage of it looks like it will be the real deal for what it is.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
35's, i missed that detail in my write up but it was a sasquatched bronco.
I cannot imagine a better, more apt name for that package for the Bronco than the SASQUATCH!!??
Whoever named it should be given a free Bronco of his choice.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Funny sidenote: Throughout the event, there were a few guest employees that were getting "sick" because of the ride along. The Ford drivers certainly pushed us hard along the course and I dont think the ones that got sick will ever push their personal Broncos as hard as what we experienced.
Being a driver vs. a passenger matters for sure - I can drive fast all day long but too many laps as a passenger in a racecar and I'll start feeling woozy. It's because your body isn't moving like your brain expects it should. When you're driving, your brain expects movement. When you're riding along, your brain doesn't know how to process what you're feeling and you can end up with some motion sickness.

They did not. They probably wanted to show the top-trim levels esp with the offroad capabilities and i believe the 2.0 comes standard on those.
2.0 is Badlands and First Edition only, at least according to the current Build and Price. And the "Advanced 4x4" with the good torque vectoring is the same. Anything less than Badlands gets the 1.5 and the generic AWD system.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As I used to tell people when they would get in for a ride with me ......................

Get in. Sit down. Buckle up. Hold on. and most important, Shut up. Enjoy the ride. :ROFLMAO:

Some people enjoyed it and some said they would never ride with me again. HAHAHA. can't please everyone.
I feel like these should be the only words used by airlines before a flight. I'm now going to use it anytime someone gets in the car with me....including the wife lol. I'm not sure you guys will ever see me post on this forum again.... Wish me luck!

Rickycardo

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Thor Motorhome RV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I love the Bronco Sport, especially in the Badlands package. It's great to hear its more than just a dress-up package. But I need it to go behind the RV so it looks like a big Bronco instead. Maybe I'll wait til the 2022 to see. ??????

Sponsored

CVOKEITH

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XC90 R Design Volvo 2020
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you so very much for the write up,,,,,,,it really brings us so much closer to the Bronco,,,,thx

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the write up! This kind of review is really what makes me want to find a way to squeeze the 2.7 into my budget lol

Side note, it seems the Bronco Sport is going to surprise a ton of people. Like the OP I was guilty of writing it off, but this review and some of the footage of it looks like it will be the real deal for what it is.
As someone who drives the 2.7 daily in my '19 F150, I can't recommend this engine enough. Very fun to drive even in my Super Crew.. This is my 3rd 150 with it and no issues with any of them. It is a must for me in my Bronco.