Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I will wear the man-child badge with pride when i climb into my bronco like its Mt Everest. I'll make sure my booster seat and bib is on too when I flex on them plebs. :p
Sponsored

WildTrak

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2.7L Bronco Sasquatch Ride Along In-Depth Review by Bronco6G Member 1597782431047

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Were there any 4drs as part of the ride-along or only on display?

OP
OP
Afro

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Were there any 4drs as part of the ride-along or only on display?
All the ride along vehicles were 2DR. The only 4DR models they had were the outer banks fishing concept variant and the previously shown cactus grey with the white top.

Sponsored

harpo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
not as many as I thought
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco just like the sport ate that first hill climb with little effort. No surprise there. What surprised me was, along the course we did a hill descent that was measured on the dash at 30degrees. We were literally stopped on the hill to measure it and the Bronco didnt even slide, flinch, or what have you. Might be an exagerration but I felt like i was facing straight down on that 30degree gradient. All i can say is impressive! (Update: Video doesnt do it justice but POV view of 30deg gradient here).
Sorry - pet peeve - it was probably a 30% grade which is about 17 degrees. 17 degrees is consistent with other reports.

I know 17 degrees doesn't sound steep but it is for a vehicle. 30 degrees is really steep, most people wouldn't be able to walk down a 30 degree gravel slope.

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wouldnt want someone to spill their lunch all over your new Bronco.
Sir, I think you are overlooking my affinity for rubber drain floors and vinyl seating.

OP
OP
Afro

Afro

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry - pet peeve - it was probably a 30% grade which is about 17 degrees. 17 degrees is consistent with other reports.

I know 17 degrees doesn't sound steep but it is for a vehicle. 30 degrees is really steep, most people wouldn't be able to walk down a 30 degree gravel slope.
You may be right but im only reporting what i saw via the dash inclinometer. The first hill climb next to the big BRONCO sign was definitely 17-19degrees, depending on the lines they took. The downhill descent was on a separate part of the course and was reading out 30 degrees. We verified this when we stopped at the top of the hill. Whether the onboard inclinometer is reading out grade percentages or degrees is a mystery so like all things on the internet, take my ride along experience with a grain of salt.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

True dat! I remember being in Daytona for Bike Week in a previous life. Motocycles don't use the full tri-oval for obvious reasons and I remember some track workers taking a break "sitting" on the track in one of the vacant turns. They were fully laid back but with the 31° banking it's like they were on partially reclined beach chairs. 30° gravel slope would be unimaginable, at least to me.

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3rd!?!?! The engine is only 5 years old - how are you on your 3rd in that short of time?

On topic: Great write up. Video shows off the sound - maybe.

I'm shocked someone put the time into adding digital cabin noise. I've no interest in a wig for my vehicle. How embarrassing...
Lol. Yes, 3(x) 2 year leases with the first 2 turned in early for lower payments and no additional out of pocket costs. Dad is a Ford retiree, so get Z-plan and my salesman is awesome and lets me know when best time to turn in.

20171129_080303.jpg

20171123_112548.jpg

20200805_114121.jpg

Sponsored

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many miles on those 2.7L motors? (Wondering about longevity and all...)
Can't speak on longevity - they were all leases with under 30k miles. So, 90k miles total with no issues.. lol

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Excellent video! Thank you! Can you speak to your video equipment and the finished presentation? What model GoPro? Was it attached to the bar on the dash and powered through the available top of dash power source? Did you need to use a gimbal? If not, did the YouTube finishing software take out the shaking? I was amazed at how good the video presented considering the bumpy trail! Kudos!

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. Yes, 3(x) 2 year leases with the first 2 turned in early for lower payments and no additional out of pocket costs. Dad is a Ford retiree, so get Z-plan and my salesman is awesome and lets me know when best time to turn in.
The 2.7 is a great engine even in my 150 or 35s only time I wish I had the 3.5 is when the boats back there (6'500lbs). People need to quite bitching and go drive one..

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

watched the whole video and loved the sound of the engine or muffler i should say ..... but .... honestly i think i will tweak it just a tad for a bit louder and racier sound .... i hope the 200 part aftermarket parts has something for this category
You can make the V6 louder but it doesn't sound better. You will waste thousands trying to find the right sound. Unfortunately it can't be done. Stock sounds as good as it gets. In the Raptor world guys are dropping big $$ for that perfect sound. It just sounds bad.

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Being next to & then getting into the Sasquatch, did it feel exceptionally big/tall? Do they seem wide? Thanks for the great info. Reinvigorating for sure.
Sponsored