First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm having a difficult time wrapping my brain around this also.
Fake rumbles to please your ears. Next the windshield will be a video screen and you'll be able to do the Rubicon Trail without leaving your garage.
Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

man I am laughing so hard at this..
I’m with you though; it’s weird. In my Golf R, it had a “Soundaktor” that made an additional vibration at the base of the windshield; it had a very aggravating noice to it occasionally. But overall, the sound of the
“engine” was phenomenal in that car. Deep too.
funny. that was the first thing i turned off on my R

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The new mustangs use a sound tube that brings in intake noise. No clue if it’s similar to the bronco. But there are plenty cheap sound tube deletes for people that don’t like the sound.
never heard of this....but mustang forums certainly anoint this as a "thing". Thanks
The Scion/Subaru/Toyota 86 has a sound tube running from the air intake, after the air filter but before the engine and runs into the cabin by the feet of the passenger.

I would much prefer actual engine noise over something through a speaker but I would be happiest with no added sound.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The new mustangs use a sound tube that brings in intake noise. No clue if it’s similar to the bronco. But there are plenty cheap sound tube deletes for people that don’t like the sound.
So I was also today years old when I learned about fake engine noise through the speakers.

... But I don't think I need to hear it before I decide if I like it or not... It's more the principle of the matter. Why would I want fake engine noise?!

On topic: thanks Op for the write-up. If I wasn't dead set on getting a manual, I'd be excited for the 2.7

Sponsored

SpursFan

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
350r, F150, Expedition, Cayenne and the others.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the only reason people probably even caught on to it was in upgrading the audio system, beyond that 99.5% wouldn't even know there was generated sound. Virtually every manufacture does it and has been for a decade, in Ford it can be turned off with forscan.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can easily turn it off with Forscan. If you didn't know about it, you would say "This thing actually sounds decent for a 4 banger". It's not like putting in a mixtape of a monster truck rally.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if we are getting fake sounds, I want options. Namely the twin ion engine sound of the TIE fighter.

Or the jet roar of the 60's Batmobile...

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As someone who drives the 2.7 daily in my '19 F150, I can't recommend this engine enough. Very fun to drive even in my Super Crew.. This is my 3rd 150 with it and no issues with any of them. It is a must for me in my Bronco.
what’s your real world experience with gas mileage (vs published) on the 2.7? I know it’s not going to be exact but helps to have a good starting point.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hydrocarbons must be burned for the sound to be true! My ears can tell the difference!

For real though, I just unplugged a harness in my RS and the sound was gone. It was fine either way. I think I left it off because it was quieter. My M3 has “active sound” which is BMW’s branding. What does it matter if the sound is “fake” if it sounds good? You guys crack me up! Just give it a try and see how it suits you.

Semi-on topic: I can’t wait for my 2.7 Bronco! Thanks for the read!

Sponsored

Cbr954

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is common place on almost all 'performance' oriented vehicles now.

source: I was responsible for sourcing speakers for all ford vehicles for a short period of time.
May a curse be upon you and anyone else involved in such an idiotic practice.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can't even imagine why I would want fake engine noises from my vehicle. I've got some that I run pretty loud exhausts on. I'm sure my neighbors hate when I come home at 6:30AM on my bike, cause it ain't quiet either. I have never, ever, wanted fake engine noises though. Stuff like this I just have to shake my head and mutter something about damn kids.

Really, this just seems stupid. Fake engine noises. Hopefully my tires will drown out most of it and my tinnitus will take care of the rest.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes sir - some vehicles (I believe some models of BMW) have an option to turn it off.
but yeah, typically its piped through the radio speakers (most of which in Ford's are garbage from China now) and it doesn't matter if music is on or off.
There’s got to be a way to turn in off.

s_white21

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

what’s your real world experience with gas mileage (vs published) on the 2.7? I know it’s not going to be exact but helps to have a good starting point.
I get around 19.5 mpg overall. I drive 50/50 hwy and city.