First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I get around 19.5 mpg overall. I drive 50/50 hwy and city.
19.5 is good. I get 16 on my 3.5 w/Roush kit and I destroy my buddy's 2019 Raptor.
Sponsored

Bullseye

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 Trailblazer, '09 Forester Limited
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's one day after the embargo and we get flooded with new articles and videos of the Bronco, and the two things I take away from it all is that everyone is way too wrapped up in gas can colors and fake engine sounds! lol

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can't even imagine why I would want fake engine noises from my vehicle. I've got some that I run pretty loud exhausts on. I'm sure my neighbors hate when I come home at 6:30AM on my bike, cause it ain't quiet either. I have never, ever, wanted fake engine noises though. Stuff like this I just have to shake my head and mutter something about damn kids.

Really, this just seems stupid. Fake engine noises. Hopefully my tires will drown out most of it and my tinnitus will take care of the rest.
IIRC there are 2 main reasons they do it.

1. Was with all the sound deadening and stuff in modern cars the automakers felt they needed a way to let people still hear the engine while keeping road noise down.

2. 4 and 6 cylinders typically aren't pleasant to the ear when pushed like a V-8 is. So they amplify the engine sound and makes it sound more pleasant to the ear instead of thrashy sounding.

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I love the Bronco Sport, especially in the Badlands package. It's great to hear its more than just a dress-up package. But I need it to go behind the RV so it looks like a big Bronco instead. Maybe I'll wait til the 2022 to see. ??????
Why do you say it needs to be a full size to be behind your RV?

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Thor Motorhome RV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why do you say it needs to be a full size to be behind your RV?
According to the eSource book for the Bronco Sport Ford says it (the Bronco Sport) cannot be flat towed or towed on a dolly behind another vehicle. So if I want a Bronco it needs to be the full size model.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
According to the eSource book for the Bronco Sport Ford says it (the Bronco Sport) cannot be flat towed or towed on a dolly behind another vehicle. So if I want a Bronco it needs to be the full size model.
This is unfortunate, if I was an RV guy a Badlands sport would make a sweet escape pod to tow behind.

Rickycardo

Big Bend
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2018 Thor Motorhome RV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Exactly. That was my hope. Now I either move to the full size Bronco or perhaps wait a year and see if Ford makes any changes to the Sport. The Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk can be towed and if Ford wants to compete with that model with the Sport they should consider that ability.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That' what the drain plugs are for.
No, that's what the removable panels are for. :) Pretty sure the drain plugs could get clogged with chunks. I'd rather passengers hurl outside than inside!

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Got it.
Sponsored