First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Got to attend a dealer preview event in Dundee, MI today and saw this Outer Banks in Rapid Red. Haven’t seen many photos under the hood of the 2.7, so here’s one. I didn’t get many pics as it was busy and lots of us were getting shuffled through.

720792DA-394D-4A27-9F78-0DD105A73645.jpeg

A9590EF4-DC0F-4E4B-8063-11FB58D25C1A.jpeg
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
What shade of red did it look to you?

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just looking in there trying to see where a good oil separator could fit. Lol. Having one is probably a must with direct port and twins... Wonder who will come out with a kit first?!

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Still pre-production. Final production version will have a plastic cover, like almost all new vehicles have.
Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event 002-2-7-ford-eco-boost-engine

what amused me is that the first thing I thought of when I saw that, after being conditioned to engine covers for so many years was "damn, that's gnarly, they should cover that shit up"

Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still pre-production. Final production version will have a plastic cover, like almost all new vehicles have.
002-2-7-ford-eco-boost-engine.jpg
Is that normal for preproduction not to have covers and then have then in production? I mentioned the other day how bad the engine compartment looks on the 2.7 with all the wires and hoses. Not a fan of lots of plastic but I thinks a simple cover on the 2.7 is warranted.

OP
OP
tedsnephew

tedsnephew

Black Diamond
First Name
Blaise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the Bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What shade of red did it look to you?
Looked like a candy apple to me. Not quite as dark as some pics I’ve seen. Probably because there was a lot of bright light coming in the wall of windows

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is that normal for preproduction not to have covers and then have then in production? I mentioned the other day how bad the engine compartment looks on the 2.7 with all the wires and hoses. Not a fan of lots of plastic but I thinks a simple cover on the 2.7 is warranted.
Not just that, but the top of that engine looks like something that'll gather tons of dirt and debris in it, if you use the truck like it's being marketed. an engine cover would be a good design decision in this case, I think.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is it just me or have modern engine compartments turned into a mess of plastic and electronic sensors. My '67 sure is a lot easier to work on. We won't discuss the differences in power or how effective the A/C is... :)

Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event IMG_4122

Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event IMG_4086

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event IMG_4086
Fun Fact - I didn’t get a cover on my 2.7 in my 2019 F150. When I asked about where it was, my dealer said they weren’t installed on the Canadian engines. I wonder if it will be the same for the Broncos?

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looked like a candy apple to me. Not quite as dark as some pics I’ve seen. Probably because there was a lot of bright light coming in the wall of windows
For the unaware, the easy question to ask when someone shows a red Bronco is “metallic or non-metallic” since most people can see that difference.

Metallic = Rapid Red
Non-metallic = Race Red

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like shit. They couldn’t even put a plastic six pack engine cover on it like infiniti??

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it just me or have modern engine compartments turned into a mess of plastic and electronic sensors. My '67 sure is a lot easier to work on. We won't discuss the differences in power or how effective the A/C is... :)

Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event snakes

Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event snakes
Baffles me how anyone can set the points or adjust the carb in the new ones. It's a mess.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

funny, personally I can't stand these stupid plastic covers on engines, I want to see what I bought, not the box around it. Wires and hoses and metal and screws and all that are interesting to look at. A plastic cover is about as boring as it can get. If it does come with one, I might just take it off and leave it leaning against the garage.
To each their own I guess. I want to see the technology, not a hat.
Sponsored