First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Still pre-production. Final production version will have a plastic cover, like almost all new vehicles have.
002-2-7-ford-eco-boost-engine.jpg
I wouldn't count on it. The 2019 Rangers had them but mid 2020 they took the engine covers away. Now if you want one you have to buy it. They also deleted 2 of the bed tie downs and the rear seat headrests. Hopefully they don't do this with the Bronco.
Sponsored

Greens05

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, BMW 335xi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

funny, personally I can't stand these stupid plastic covers on engines, I want to see what I bought, not the box around it. Wires and hoses and metal and screws and all that are interesting to look at. A plastic cover is about as boring as it can get. If it does come with one, I might just take it off and leave it leaning against the garage.
To each their own I guess. I want to see the technology, not a hat.
I can see your point in general. I also typically like see the engine....but this looks like a complete rat's nest. Technology doesn't come to mind when I look at this engine bay. Makes me thing they threw all the engine components in and then thought now lets randomly make all the connections. Doesnt seem well thought out but then again I'm not a engine mechanic by any means.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Great mother of god thats a mess,so your 50 miles out in the country and one o
Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event Screenshot_20210317-184535_Gallery
f those cute little wires comes unplugged 🙈

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's Rapid Red.
Yeah I know, just wondering the impression of redness. Need to get my lazy behind over to a Ford dealership and finally see Rapid Red in person.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm just looking in there trying to see where a good oil separator could fit. Lol. Having one is probably a must with direct port and twins... Wonder who will come out with a kit first?!
You do know that the current 2.7L is DI & PI, correct?

Yes, a Catch Can will help with any oil blow-by even in a DI/PI Engine. It's not needed as much as when the engine is only DI.

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

funny, personally I can't stand these stupid plastic covers on engines, I want to see what I bought, not the box around it. Wires and hoses and metal and screws and all that are interesting to look at. A plastic cover is about as boring as it can get. If it does come with one, I might just take it off and leave it leaning against the garage.
To each their own I guess. I want to see the technology, not a hat.
I agree, I took the plastic off my 5.0 and showcase the motor, however this is a bit of a mess in my opinion. I would opt for a modest engine cover on this 2.7 unlike my mustang?

EC15514B-693B-4878-B76C-DDA844C12283.jpeg

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Baffles me how anyone can set the points or adjust the carb in the new ones. It's a mess.
Fortunately, I went to a throttle body EFI and a MSD ignition (no points). It is much more user friendly with this setup.

Sponsored

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dual batteries looks to be a bit of a challenge.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The second image with the cover the engine looks much better- at least I can see a bit of the valves covers. I looked a brand new 2019 F150 with the 2.7 last year when cross shopping against the Silverado I end up buying. I took a good look at the engine and it looked good from what I can remember. It for sure did not look like hoses and tubes. And I could clearly see the valve covers and also the two turbos- I think were towards the back of the engine. Anyway, it looked pretty neat in the bay.

I always assess a new vehicle's engine by serviceability. If I can see and access the coils, sparkplugs and valve covers, it typically means to me that it is relatively serviceable. If not, I typically would refrain from buying the vehicle. I do all of my own vehicle maintenance and repair- "medium" level- mostly everything except for major jobs like engine changes, clutches, etc.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The second image with the cover the engine looks much better- at least I can see a bit of the valves covers. I looked a brand new 2019 F150 with the 2.7 last year when cross shopping against the Silverado I end up buying. I took a good look at the engine and it looked good from what I can remember. It for sure did not look like hoses and tubes. And I could clearly see the valve covers and also the two turbos- I think were towards the back of the engine. Anyway, it looked pretty neat in the bay.

I always assess a new vehicle's engine by serviceability. If I can see and access the coils, sparkplugs and valve covers, it typically means to me that it is relatively serviceable. If not, I typically would refrain from buying the vehicle. I do all of my own vehicle maintenance and repair- "medium" level- mostly everything except for major jobs like engine changes, clutches, etc.
I view it the same way, as I do all of my "general" maintenance on all of my vehicles.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Still pre-production. Final production version will have a plastic cover, like almost all new vehicles have.
Ford Bronco 2.7L engine compartment pic - from 4 Door Rapid Red OBX at Dealer Preview Event vjth5wdpwni51gr3ubjm0qxrbttmmrunersx6o2v&rid=giphy
My 2020 Ford Ranger engine looks like this...no cowling.
Sponsored