Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
TFL TRUCK - 2.7 VS 5.0L AT THE DRAG STRIP

This is a great video by TFL TRUCK showing how fast a lightly tuned 2.7L is versus a lightly tuned Coyote V8. This is the main reason I'm happy the Bronco is getting the 2.7 vs the V8. It will be much easier to tune them for more HP, and it will only require a programmer.
Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Boomers will still cry "No V8??!!"

Edit: It's a joke

Last edited:

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah these Ecoboost motors have alot of potential with mods. I may end up with the 2.3 for the Manual transmission and even the 2.3 mustangs are making great power when modded. Ive had 2 FBO STis, current one on E85 tune so even a 4cyl turbo is impressive when modded.

SouthernBronco6g

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2.7 is pretty impressive technology wise also. Go look up the diesel tech stuff they added into the 2.7 V6 EB.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Boomers will still cry "No V8??!!"
Not a 'Boomer" I'm a 'Gen-X'.

This is (1) of the reasons why we cry no V8. So we can make it sound like this...Skip ahead to the 1:30 mark.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a 'Boomer" I'm a 'Gen-X'.

This is (1) of the reasons why we cry no V8. So we can make it sound like this...Skip ahead to the 1:30 mark.

Sure a v8 sounds better 7 ways to Sunday.

but mpg, capability, cheap power, low end torque. Nothing beats a v6turbo.

there will be 500+hp 550+ lbft Broncos just with a few bolt ons and mods.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah I don't care about sound anymore. I care about performance. I say that as a Coyote F-150 owner.

I can't imagine choosing sound over performance, efficiency, low end torque, fuel economy, etc...

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sure a v8 sounds better 7 ways to Sunday.

but mpg, capability, cheap power, low end torque. Nothing beats a v6turbo.

there will be 500+hp 550+ lbft Broncos just with a few bolt ons and mods.
And yet when you guys hear about a hemi in a Jeep you all talk about how it's too much power. So why would I bother tuning a capable v6. These are Bronco's, not some stupid little honda or subaru. We aren't taking them to a track.

I'm sure a V6 twin turbo can be as capable as a V8. I've already decided no 4 cyl. turbo because I felt it was weak. I'm getting the 6 because I feel it's a better option. But if I had my choice, yeah it'd be V8 with some nice pipes on it.

Sponsored

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Forgot to add, a NA V8 would be better for towing (which I plan on doing), don't have to wait on the turbo.

So before everyone says... Well if you want to tow, buy a truck... here's my response:
I don't want a truck, I want a Bronco. Sure it won't tow a 22' boat, but it should be able to tow what I need. And for that I would've (key word) liked a NA V8.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Forgot to add, a NA V8 would be better for towing (which I plan on doing), don't have to wait on the turbo.

So before everyone says... Well if you want to tow, buy a truck... here's my response:
I don't want a truck, I want a Bronco. Sure it won't tow a 22' boat, but it should be able to tow what I need. And for that I would've (key word) liked a NA V8.
but the ecoboost has more low end torque. The v8 has more torque from 0-1500 rpm. After that it’s all ecoboost.

so no a turbo tows better

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

but the ecoboost has more low end torque. The v8 has more torque from 0-1500 rpm. After that it’s all ecoboost.

so no a turbo tows better
Or is it a turbo tows better .... just not at low rpm... and last I checked from a stop, my rpm starts around 750, not 2000 or wherever your turbo kicks in.

Hey you guys can make love to your turbos all you want.. I really don't care. You have what you like, I have what I like.. and in the end, FORD decides what we can buy!

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Or is it a turbo tows better .... just not at low rpm... and last I checked from a stop, my rpm starts around 750, not 2000 or wherever your turbo kicks in.

Hey you guys can make love to your turbos all you want.. I really don't care. You have what you like, I have what I like.. and in the end, FORD decides what we can buy!
when your towing especially with a 5:1+ first gear Your IDLE is 750rpm and as so as you hit the gas your at 1500+ rpm in 0.5 seconds.

So unless your really care about that 0.5s after a full stop. Sure get a v8. But for the other 5000+ seconds of driving the turbo is better.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

when your towing especially with a 5:1+ first gear Your IDLE is 750rpm and as so as you hit the gas your at 1500+ rpm in 0.5 seconds.

So unless your really care about that 0.5s after a full stop. Sure get a v8. But for the other 5000+ seconds of driving the turbo is better.
Just like a 'Millennial' I like INSTANT GRATIFICATION. So yeah I'll take that 0.5s thanks ? And still sound better than your v6 twin turbo....

Only problem is, I'm gonna need @JimmyDean to help me squeeze that 7.3l in my new Bronco first!!
Sponsored