Sponsored

2.7L MagnaFlow Exhaust ordered. Here's a sound clip of factory exhaust without muffler

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That ain't how they do it in racin', son. Finding the sweet spot on the pipe is a science and an art.
On a turbo motor, if you are brave enough, run both sides of the turbo wide open to atmosphere, full air in, full air out. No restrictions. They need to breath!
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whoa! Wait! $1000? Uh, no. Thx.
Materials are more money now this is the new normal Iā€™m afraid any exhaust wonā€™t be cheap. magna flow has always made a quality product though

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The not enough cylinders to sound good debate is an old one. And it shows that people donā€™t understand how an exhaust system produces sound. A well built, properly flowing exhaust can sound great regardless if itā€™s a 3,4,6,8,10cyl.
Absolutely, but having knowledge about a topic doesn't change ones preference. I am an "expert" in music theory but I still hate the Beatles because the way something sounds will not change regardless of how much you know about the sounds creation.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

On a turbo motor, if you are brave enough, run both sides of the turbo wide open to atmosphere, full air in, full air out. No restrictions. They need to breath!
Well, maybe I'll try it naked and see how I like it. Seems LESS likely to burn anything, it's the cat converters that did that....and I don't hunt DEER from my Bronco! Prairie dogs, yes....and now wondering how they'll like cyber orange? lol

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, maybe I'll try it naked and see how I like it. Seems LESS likely to burn anything, it's the cat converters that did that....and I don't hunt DEER from my Bronco! Prairie dogs, yes....and now wondering how they'll like cyber orange? lol
I think they will love Cyber Orange! Probably run to it!

Its hard to make a V6 sound good, but many have tried and will continue to do so. Some think what they do sounds good, and that works for them. I will leave exhaust stock, but might take muffler off and paint it black.
Nothing will beat the sound I got out of a RX-7 Rotary engine with straight exhausts all the way back! Sounded like a bad ass lawn mower!

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just put a cheap cherry bomb on the back, and it will tone some of ā€œ rapā€ out, it will sound good

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whoa! Wait! $1000? Uh, no. Thx.
At $1k I'd jump all over it compared to what I paid for the exhaust on my bike. I'm waiting for the Borla system for the Bronco though. And for someone else's the comment about only a 93 5.0 - my 86 5.0 and 2 chamber FlowMasters would like a word... :cool:

Ford Bronco 2.7L MagnaFlow Exhaust ordered. Here's a sound clip of factory exhaust without muffler 1632861039480

SkyKing

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 CG Wildtrak, E.R.A. 1966 Cobra 427 S/C replica
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The other big issue with getting good sound (depending on what you mean by "good") is displacement. This little baby 2.7 is not going to produce a big block/headers muscle car rumble no matter what you do. And with an automatic, you're not going to sound like a 60 european roadster either. This muffler mod begs the question... why???? You might as well strap a fart can on it and go hang out with the wannabe fast & furious kids in the parking lot who like to argue about what V-Tec is and how awesome the cold air intake is - while vaping. Or... you could get V8 with a clutch and stop playing make believe. LOL!

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not something I'd spend $ on, but curious to see how it sounds once you're done with the install. Maybe also make a cabin noise comparison video, stock and with the new stuff installed.
And some photos from underneath and the sides, see if clearance is impacted. Nice looking set from the photos.

Reactions: abe

mljohnson1973

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have no affiliation but @Stage 3 Motorsports posted this exhaust awhile back. I reached out to them privately as they suggested in their post, and they do knock a decent amount off that price . These "friends of the forum" sponsors really take care of us if you take the time to reach out to them and ask. I'll probably end up purchasing this from them, but very excited to hear it on the OP's Bronco.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Absolutely, but having knowledge about a topic doesn't change ones preference. I am an "expert" in music theory but I still hate the Beatles because the way something sounds will not change regardless of how much you know about the sounds creation.
Sure. But stating ones opinion as fact is what I take issue with. Especially when someoneā€™s statement shows they donā€™t know what their talking about.
We can agree that the Beatles suck

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly I like the sound from MagnaFlow's website... it's not that loud but it has a nice tone, IMO.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha. I think he was just stating something based on preference. I don't think I have ever heard a V6 thats sounds good with an aftermarket exhaust. Some may think its sounds good, which is fine.

Same goes for V10s.

The only car that has any business with an aftermarket exhaust is a 93 5.0 mustang.

Not a lack of knowledge but simply an opinion based on experiences. As for law? No way. You can't legislate people out of bad taste. They have the right to it.
The V10 LFA is by far one of the best sounding cars ever made. The V6 Alfa Romeos sound fantastic. The Fiat 124 Abarth sounds great with the Record Monza exhaust.

Saying a ā€˜93 Mustang is the only car that should have an aftermarket exhaust is about as generic as going to an Italian restaurant and ordering spaghetti and marinara sauce. Has about as much character as well.
Sponsored