First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Remove the filter….drain the oil(5-10 minutes)….install new filter….replace drain plug…..add SEVEN quarts of oil just as Ford advises. Quit worrying about it.
Sponsored

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just did my oil change for the first time. Replaced the oil plug with a new one, nothing fancy, just replacement for the oem. Only thing that seems odd is it is fully butted up against the catch for the outside tab, it didn’t click and it seems wobbly. It’s not leaking as far as I can tell. Is this normal? It just doesn’t seem secure.
You talking about the drain plug?

DoubleADuster

Black Diamond
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Ford Thunderbird
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You talking about the drain plug?
Yeah, I ended up pulling the generic aftermarket one I bought out and putting a new oem one and it had a much snugger fit.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I ended up pulling the generic aftermarket one I bought out and putting a new oem one and it had a much snugger fit.
Mine had the same issue. I can't remember if it was that wobbly from the factory. But I swore I noticed a oil leak after driving mine. I tried everything, thinking I did something wrong but everytime it was a little wobbly after it clicked in. I was very scared to drive it; thinking the drain plug will come off. After being paranoided about checking for leaks and oil level daily for a week, I didn't notice anything leaking and nothing since then. But for the next oil change I plan on getting a better aftermarket plug. I don't have any confidence in the OEM one.

Akinmx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford F150, 2011 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can anyone confirm "The Ronin" oil drain replacement plug works with the 2022 2.7 Bronco engine? I'm sure it probably does but can someone who has it confirm?

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can anyone confirm "The Ronin" oil drain replacement plug works with the 2022 2.7 Bronco engine? I'm sure it probably does but can someone who has it confirm?
Yes it works ... I got one and I'm super happy with it .... no more oil mess on the garage floor either

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I crossed the 4000 mile mark with mine. No issues. In about 2-3000 more miles I'll test how neat it makes her next oil change.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I used the Ronin on my '19 Mustang GT for 30K miles. Zero issues. MUCH easier to drain since and zero mess. Any Ford that has the plastic yellow drain plug can use the Ronin - period.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just did my first oil change yesterday and installed the Ronin plug with no issues.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Remove the filter….drain the oil(5-10 minutes)….install new filter….replace drain plug…..add SEVEN quarts of oil just as Ford advises. Quit worrying about it.
I'd be very surprised if you get the full seven quarts out with this method. So if you just randomly put seven quarts back in, you will be over filled.

You either need to measure what you took out to make sure you got all seven, or mark your dipstick up into the twist where it should be and use that.

You should never just blindly dump a set of amount of oil back in.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it didn’t have seven quarts, it should have. That’s why Ford says use 7 quarts.
This ain’t rocket science.
The only problem could be when you did not drain out all of the oil. That’s on you…not Ford.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol…..what if you took out 8 quarts? Would you put in 8 quarts? Or what if you took out 6 quarts?…………..?
Ford says add 7 quarts…..I suggest you add 7…..obviously to an empty crankcase.
wow!

Last edited:

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I installed the Ronin Plug at 1600 miles and changed my oil today at 7880 miles on the odometer. I used Valvoline 5W-30 full synthetic both times. I let it drain for about 30 minutes until the drip drip drip slowed down to almost nothing.
I ordered a new wave spring washer from Ronin cuz i wanted to take the whole thing out and see if the magnet caught any burs.

Per suggestions from Ronin I titled the truck to get the most amount of oil out.

Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs 1652153631934

I attached a short hose to the plug and had the cleanest oil change EVER!! NO MESS at all ..... not a single drop on the floor.

Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs IMG-8360

The filter showed sign of oil penetrating to the first o-ring but the second o-ring stayed blue

Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs IMG-2602

When i ordered the spring washer from Ronin they sent me some other o-rings as well ....

Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs 1652152549394

but i only used one for the golden cap and the other for the main plug. Also when I removed the plug itself, even though the truck was tilted, i got a small surge of oil that would have been trapped and mixed with the new oil. So keep that in mind, if you only use the attachment to drain.

Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs 1652152637810

After removing the main plug I hovered it over a sheet of paper that had a strong magnet underneath and this is the result.

Ford Bronco 2.7L Oil Change Tips + Replacement Drain Plugs 1652152763954

the black marks are metal shavings that were attached to the Ronin plug magnet ..... size wise its very very fine, but non the less, it was there.

I got a smidge under 7 qts out so i replaced it with the same amount, maybe a little less.

Another thing i noted was after the startup and the new oil re-circulation, my idle rpm dropped to 500 ..... i have never been under 800, so i have no idea what that's all about. Any input on this?

well, that's it .... super happy with Ronin and hope you have a similar experience1
Sponsored

Last edited: